Waiting for 2016

You heard any rumors SayHello about the 2016 trips? I'm wondering if there was a reason for the late release (i.e. they are revamping some trips and/or adding new ones) or whether they were just so busy with the river cruises they couldn't get their act together until June LOL. These late and separate release dates are really frustrating--and not good for ABD. It's given us time to seriously look into Thompson Family for China instead. We wouldn't have even started looking at alternatives if they'd come out with their itineraries a couple months ago.
No rumors at all. I know they're busy right now with the dry runs for the new cruise add-ons & pre-cruise add-ons, since they're getting ready to start running for real soon. So my uneducated guess would be that a combo of getting the river cruises launched & having several new pieces running for the first time for DCL just left them without the where-withall to get it done before June 9th. But I'm really not basing that on anything but guesswork. I haven't heard a single hint of anything new beyond the river cruises.

Sayhello

No rumors at all. I know they're busy right now with the dry runs for the new cruise add-ons & pre-cruise add-ons, since they're getting ready to start running for real soon. So my uneducated guess would be that a combo of getting the river cruises launched & having several new pieces running for the first time for DCL just left them without the where-withall to get it done before June 9th. But I'm really not basing that on anything but guesswork. I haven't heard a single hint of anything new beyond the river cruises.

Sayhello
That's kind of what I was thinking, too--makes a lot of sense. Thanks for chiming in :)

Is June 9th the insiders release date, or the general public one?

Is June 9th the insiders release date, or the general public one?
The announcement (which was included in the announcement of the river cruise) just said "Please note: 2016 vacation dates for the rest of our adventures will be available on June 9, 2015." It didn't specify, so my assumption is, it's for everyone.

Sayhello

The announcement (which was included in the announcement of the river cruise) just said "Please note: 2016 vacation dates for the rest of our adventures will be available on June 9, 2015." It didn't specify, so my assumption is, it's for everyone.

Sayhello

I received an email about booking for 2016 on June 9. The email said that is one day before the general public will be able to book. FWIW, we haven't even taken out first ABD, yet...we leave on June 11. But I guess since they have my money, that makes me an insider :)

Yeah....when I spoke to Kevin about booking he told me the 10th since we haven't done an ABD in the past. So, I'm patiently waiting until Wednesday. He's on an Alaskan Disney cruise, but he sent me the email of someone who will help book our trip

I'm not able to join Adventure Insiders (the program is not open to Canadians :mad:) but I did take an ABD trip this past February. Can I take advantage of the early booking date?

I would think if you've done one in the past you would be eligible to book tomorrow instead of waiting until Wednesday. If I were you, I'd at least try. What is the worst they can tell you? If they say no then you just wait one more day

I would think if you've done one in the past you would be eligible to book tomorrow instead of waiting until Wednesday. If I were you, I'd at least try. What is the worst they can tell you? If they say no then you just wait one more day
I totally agree with this.

Sayhello

Question: If I have a trip booked and want to change to a different set of dates, can I move my deposit over or will I lose that $300?

Just spoke to ABD about the Norway trip and there are no triple hotel rooms for this trip. They can provide a double and a single BUT the single is charged a single room supplement. Cost just went out of budget. Never had a problem with our other trips with ABD as well as other vendors traveling in Europe. So I guess ADIOS ABD for 2016 and hello Tauck.......A "family travel company" should figure that some families add up to odd numbered configurations I guess.................

For those planning on Scotland, just an FYI. It looks like they've taken the day trip to the Isle of Lewis out of the 2016 itinerary. Won't affect me cause we're booking Austria.

FWIW I went on line and did some dummy reservations for three people. Sure enough every hotel could supply three people in one room. I have no idea what ABD is thinking or why they can't supply a three person room. New year, same misinformation.........

FWIW I went on line and did some dummy reservations for three people. Sure enough every hotel could supply three people in one room. I have no idea what ABD is thinking or why they can't supply a three person room. New year, same misinformation.........

That's odd.... we are leaving in a couple of days for Norway and we didn't have trouble booking a triple, as far as I am aware.

Well when you get back you can tell me what I will be missing. LOL. It is amazing how sometimes depending on which person you speak with from ABD the same information can range the full spectrum......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter