Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

Found this on another site.

New Disney Vacation Club owners of The Villas at Disneyland Hotel will be able to book their first stays beginning May 16, 2023.

The new Disney Vacation Club tower will open on September 8, 2023. Point sales open on May 2 to existing Disney Vacation Club members and to the public on May 20. New owners will be able to start booking their vacations on May 16, for stays from September 28 to April 16, 2024.

Non-owners will be able to start making reservations beginning on July 27, 2023, for all remaining dates from September 28 through February 27, 2024.

After this initial opening, bookings will be available ahead of time during the usual 7-month window.

The window panels in this forward section under the grand villas appear a bit different than rest of building design and concept art.

Attachments

• IMG_3408.jpeg
    IMG_3408.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 37
The window panels in this forward section under the grand villas appear a bit different than rest of building design and concept art.
Those are 1BR under the Grand Villas. The protruding parts are the balconies off the living room and the bedrooms are in the middle.

Looks like the balconies still need their railings and furniture.

I think it looks pretty similar to the most recent renders in the promotional video:
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 9.59.35 AM.png

hi friends! I have been thinking of you guys. lots of news that we waited forever for. how are we feeling? are we in are we out?
Hey Hey! We paused ever so briefly when they announced the transient occupancy tax which is so high! But whatever - after some talking off the ledge thinking about how we pay it for Worldmark (though not nearly as high)... we're back in! Everything else is in line with a new DVC. Price per point is about where we thought it would be ($217-227. $230 is close enough and far under the $300 many people were predicting). Dues are a little high but not that much above some DVC properties and will likely stay at $9 the first couple of years while other resorts will likely catch up. And the point chart we were expecting something around Riviera/VGC charts and it seems not crazy high - better than VGC in some ways. So it's just the tax that sets it apart (ok and possibly paying for parking which we don't ever use anyway). We'll just budget for the tax and... excited for May 2nd! Already told our guide to pull the trigger! You, @MagicalMommaOf2 ?

Hey Hey! We paused ever so briefly when they announced the transient occupancy tax which is so high! But whatever - after some talking off the ledge thinking about how we pay it for Worldmark (though not nearly as high)... we're back in! Everything else is in line with a new DVC. Price per point is about where we thought it would be ($217-227. $230 is close enough and far under the $300 many people were predicting). Dues are a little high but not that much above some DVC properties and will likely stay at $9 the first couple of years while other resorts will likely catch up. And the point chart we were expecting something around Riviera/VGC charts and it seems not crazy high - better than VGC in some ways. So it's just the tax that sets it apart (ok and possibly paying for parking which we don't ever use anyway). We'll just budget for the tax and... excited for May 2nd! Already told our guide to pull the trigger! You, @MagicalMommaOf2 ?
Had the same kind of reaction\existential crisis as well. Once I got over the tax shock and stepped back and focused on the savings vs rack rates I’m back in. I just like staying in the bubble too much. Already own 100pts at VGC but want the flexibility to switch back and forth and stay 3-5 nights in larger accommodations every year between the two properties.

Back in and have my appointment on May 2. I would’ve regretted it down the road as we all watch the pricing increase.

Had the same kind of reaction\existential crisis as well. Once I got over the tax shock and stepped back and focused on the savings vs rack rates I’m back in. I just like staying in the bubble too much. Already own 100pts at VGC but want the flexibility to switch back and forth and stay 3-5 nights in larger accommodations every year between the two properties.

Back in and have my appointment on May 2. I would’ve regretted it down the road as we all watch the pricing increase.
Aka a week from tomorrow!! Yay so excited! Haha. Then we start making plans on how to use points and hope for the best when the booking window opens. Hoping to snag a 1 or 2 bedroom in early Oct 2023 for Oogie Boogie. I know they won’t all be declared so we’ll see. We own at VGC as well. Double neighbors. One thing I’m excited about is meeting other west coast / DLR DVC members. That’s hard to do at VGC since it’s so small and so many regular hotel guests. VDH will be crawling with them and as time goes on the percentage will get higher and higher. At Grand Cal, a huge percentage of people you would come across wouldn’t even know what DVC is. At VDH they will either be a member or likely at least know it’s a DVC property (renting or cash guests). Well and add in the new Lounge… and upcoming hard refurb for VGC in probably 2024 or 25…. I’m just so excited / happy!!

Aka a week from tomorrow!! Yay so excited! Haha. Then we start making plans on how to use points and hope for the best when the booking window opens. Hoping to snag a 1 or 2 bedroom in early Oct 2023 for Oogie Boogie. I know they won’t all be declared so we’ll see. We own at VGC as well. Double neighbors. One thing I’m excited about is meeting other west coast / DLR DVC members. That’s hard to do at VGC since it’s so small and so many regular hotel guests. VDH will be crawling with them and as time goes on the percentage will get higher and higher. At Grand Cal, a huge percentage of people you would come across wouldn’t even know what DVC is. At VDH they will either be a member or likely at least know it’s a DVC property (renting or cash guests). Well and add in the new Lounge… and upcoming hard refurb for VGC in probably 2024 or 25…. I’m just so excited / happy!!

I wish we'd get some news about the VGC refurb! When I asked a guide about it recently he just said that there isn't one on the schedule yet and if people mention it online, it's just rumors. That didn't give me warm fuzzies, to say the least!

I wish we'd get some news about the VGC refurb! When I asked a guide about it recently he just said that there isn't one on the schedule yet and if people mention it online, it's just rumors. That didn't give me warm fuzzies, to say the least!
Since I’m planning to own at VGH, I kind of am weirdly happy with a delayed hard refurb for VGC. It means all the soft and hard refurbs for the two resorts will be slightly offset. Just as one is starting to look shabby, the other will be getting a fresh coat of paint. But yes… VGC surely is ready. Haha

I think the bigger effect of TOT is going to be a deterrence for trading in.

Not only am I not buying here, as someone in the Southeast that visits every 3/4 years, I probably won't use my WDW points to stay there. The points are much more of a value when used strictly at WDW. We'll just do what we usually do and stay offsite for the occasional visit. Yes, I could maybe grab a 4 night stay in a studio, but if when I check out I am paying $240 to $280 plus whatever parking is when if I use those points at WDW I have $0 due at checkout, it devalues the points I'm using. Granted, you get this at Aulani as well, but there, I am paying about that amount in TOT for a weeklong stay in a 2 bedroom villa...

So, I'll probably just continue to use Marriott or Hilton points for offsite stays and for the occasion I'd want to stay, I'd just pay cash...

I've hoped for 10 years to see more DVC at Disneyland, and was watching this with great interest, but the buy in is too high for us at this point. We'd be new buyers so we'd need to start with 100 points, or 150 if we wanted the full benefits. A smaller contract would suit us better since we tend to do long weekends but those aren't an option.

My husband was never fully on board, since these vacations exhaust him compared to our others, which is why we didn't purchase back in 2011. We strongly considered it at Aulani for 112 per point (they had a deal on DCL) but ultimately didn't since Oahu is our least favorite island of Hawaii. At the time, I accepted that we could just rent points, or pay rack rate since we don't go all that often and it would work out. Well, that hasn't honestly worked out. It was always too hard to find availability on what we needed when we wanted which is just a regular ol' studio. Even when we put in at greater than 11 months out the websites said they didn't have an owner match for us (I assume because we needed too few points for it to be worth it). Outside of DVC rack rates are just... well, let's just say they're high. We have no issue dropping 10-15K on vacations or even 20-25 for once in a lifetime trips, but spending so much on the same vacation over and over again... I think this is where I get stuck. I know I want to go again and again, but I just can't drop the same $ on it compared to new places, and at $600-800 a night I can go to fabulous places. Frankly I won't do it - every time I put in our dates and see the number I laugh and close the window. So much for the idea we'll just swallow it the times we want to go... I told my husband the last 10 years that if there was ever a DVC at Disneyland Hotel I would be buying it... Guess who was wrong? :rolleyes1

We’re in. Meeting with our guide setup for early May.

I did some “what if” bookings at Disneyland Hotel for both regular rooms and DVC rooms. The tax is there. And if booking a one or two bedroom (our usual) for 5 nights cash your looking at an all in of about $6k to $12k. It won’t take many trips to break even (not inflation adjusted).

Oddly enough I’m ok paying the bigger DVC points bill up front but find it difficult to put $10k or so on the credit card for a hotel stay. Dunno?

Wifey signed off on my numbers this morning with our annual plan to visit in Septembers when schools are in, crowds are less, and hopefully great weather. I’m hopeful for some studio stays in early spring for the food and wine festival.

Good luck. May the odds ever be in our favor.

Special Behind-the-Scenes Video of The Villas at Disneyland Hotel​

Got a link to this video in an email. I enjoyed watching it so sharing:
The D Shaped hallways are cool.

And how about the Keurig machine. Trying to recall but I don't think Keurig is standard or typical in the DVC rooms...is it? I only say that because I prefer having the Keurig. But either way, I will get my coffee in the morning one way or another!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter