Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

Starting to see VDH private rentals for $33pp. Is this a new norm for DVC rental prices? I haven’t seen VGC that high. Gotta love CA prices!
In complete transparency, my husband and I have a rental agreement to try and book a reservation for someone on 5/16 at $33/point. So take my answer with that lens...

I do not think this is the new norm - but it might be high for awhile. Certainly there is pent-up demand to stay at VDH from many people outside of those buying points at this location. Numerous factors (newness, Disney bubble, availability, 2024 booking) could sway a potential renter to be willing to pay a higher per point fee out of the gate.

In our situation, we bought a few extra points than we really need for our planned visit cadence. We own several WDW DVC contracts and tend to visit WDW multiple times a year, but only see ourselves getting out to DL every 2-3 years. We don't have a need for all of our 2023 points, so we put it out in a rental group with roughly the number of points we anticipated having available. Within hours we had numerous inquiries, all offering north of $30pp - all the way up to $37. We didn't take the highest offer, but agreed to work with someone whose request fit within our expected point surplus and an amount we're ok with if we need to bleed into 2024 points.

So, like anything new and shiny, if you have the opportunity to capitalize off of it, do what makes sense for you. I think we'll all be happy using our points in the ways we choose.

In complete transparency, my husband and I have a rental agreement to try and book a reservation for someone on 5/16 at $33/point. So take my answer with that lens...

I do not think this is the new norm - but it might be high for awhile. Certainly there is pent-up demand to stay at VDH from many people outside of those buying points at this location. Numerous factors (newness, Disney bubble, availability, 2024 booking) could sway a potential renter to be willing to pay a higher per point fee out of the gate.

In our situation, we bought a few extra points than we really need for our planned visit cadence. We own several WDW DVC contracts and tend to visit WDW multiple times a year, but only see ourselves getting out to DL every 2-3 years. We don't have a need for all of our 2023 points, so we put it out in a rental group with roughly the number of points we anticipated having available. Within hours we had numerous inquiries, all offering north of $30pp - all the way up to $37. We didn't take the highest offer, but agreed to work with someone whose request fit within our expected point surplus and an amount we're ok with if we need to bleed into 2024 points.

So, like anything new and shiny, if you have the opportunity to capitalize off of it, do what makes sense for you. I think we'll all be happy using our points in the ways we choose.
Hey. More power to you if people are willing to pay. I just never saw rental prices reach $30-$37pp before. I get that VDH is new. But did VGF and Riviera fetch those prices when they were brand new? I get that this is Disneyland, hence my comment about it being CA prices. I’m a firm believer in the market dictating the price. And if there is demand at those prices, my previous belief that VDH will have decent 7 month availability will be shot to hell. Congratulations on your new purchase btw. Welcome home!

Wow, that bottom pic depicts how much of an imposing presence it is on the monorail pool (which has always been my impression whenever we’re over there). RIP to the ambiance our fam used to love. 😪
Some of those preferred view studios will have a full view of the pool and those on the slide will have a full view in the rooms.

Was told today on the phone that online booking wouldn't be available until July
LOL, I called member services yesterday and was told the opposite. Quality Assurance said they thought it would be available online to new purchasers when i called on Friday with a different question and recommended checking with member services who said the same thing when I called yesterday.

Do we know if the "preferred" view is going to be Disneyland hotel pool view/side or the other side facing the DVC pool (and also the street on the other side of that)?

We're from California and just bought 125 for our annual Disneyland trips. Very excited!
These are the view descriptions from DVC:
Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 5.33.48 PM.png
Based on these descriptions and the fact all 1BR/2BR are "Preferred" despite being on 3 of the 4(ish) faces of the building, I'd bet that any pool view counts as "Preferred". There are pools on both sides.

Here's a highlight of what, generally, I think will be Preferred vs. Standard:Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 5.27.58 PM.png
Orange = Preferred
Blue = Standard

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter