Waiting for Fall specials announcement...

Well,
when I had checked with some TAs and airlines in winter, they all mentioned to me that they don't normally see any kids fly free in the fall...atleast in my area carriers( oregon). I was told that both carriers that do this usually stop by June and don't start again until the next year.

Alex2kMommy said:
So now I'm wondering how best to book. Several people said they always book the different parts (airfare, hotel, tickets) separately, and that sounds the way to go. And now no rush to book...except to hit the late September date, of course.

Hi, we definitely found that booking part of the package(accom. & car tickets) directly online through Disney much cheaper than anything on offer at any Travel Agent, especially if you want to stay onsite.

Then you can shop around for the best air/car deals, the only difficulty is matching the air dates with the accomodation availability. In the end we booked the accom. and then the flights as the accom. was the most difficult date wise.

Just a warning that most package wholesalers seem to have sold out of their room allocations for DLH & GCH. I was only able to find the rooms directly through Disney, who were cheaper anyway. Also it seems that there are no std view rooms left for GCH in last week of Sept and only a handful of std rooms left at DLH so get in quick if you want these.

Our dates are 23-29 Sept, so might see you there!

Cheers
Angela

sydangel68 said:
Hi, we definitely found that booking part of the package(accom. & car tickets) directly online through Disney much cheaper than anything on offer at any Travel Agent, especially if you want to stay onsite. ]

That's funny, we didn't find that to be true for our trip in 2 weeks. We checked the Disney prices & Travel Agent prices, and they were within a few dollars of each other. I wonder if it has anything to do with the difference in location (we are in CA)? We wanted a view room at DLH, too, which limited our options for purchasing online - Expedia & such only had standard rooms avaiable. Having the Travel Agent do everyhting has made it so easy, too. I would pay a little more just for that. Happy to help someone make their living, too.

sydangel68 said:
Hi, we definitely found that booking part of the package(accom. & car tickets) directly online through Disney much cheaper than anything on offer at any Travel Agent, especially if you want to stay onsite.

I find that interesting because the vast majority of travel agents will book Disney packages directly through Disney Travel for the exact same price.

Aleksmom since you mentioned you had AAA, try going with them. The enhanced FP would be useful (except your kids are too young for many of the FP rides) By reading this board you already know more about Disney than many TA's.

samkj said:
Aleksmom since you mentioned you had AAA, try going with them. The enhanced FP would be useful (except your kids are too young for many of the FP rides) By reading this board you already know more about Disney than many TA's.

samkj, you are a mind-reader! That's exactly what I was doing last night and just now. I was running different dates to see if that made any difference in price (ie. travelling/starting on a weekday v. weekend, staying 2 weekends, etc.)

DH preference is to NOT stay for 2 Saturdays, and to have a shorter stay. My preference is to make the most of it for the money (8-day park hopper, stay 8 nights), since our last vacation was 3 years ago. So just trying to figure out how to make everyone happy. :)

Curiously, the travel days of the week don't seem to make a bit of difference to the overall price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter