waitlist likelihood

vanstoj

Mouseketeer
We had originally had Beach Club for the 20 -25 of November but had to cancel. We now have SSR for the 20 - 23. We have waitlisted for the 24 and 25th for any resort, any size room. Although it is very late in the game as this time is only a month and a half away, what is the likelihood of something coming available and does anyone have any strategies to reccomend for trying to secure a room for those time periods. We have tentatively booked cash at Pop Century for those days, (No moderates were available and Animal Kingdom only had rooms starting at $330 dollar or more).

First of all - it's good that you have a back up plan, since I don't think there is a good chance of clearing the waitlist for DVC accomodations. (It's still possible, just not very probable, IMHO).

The best chance of the waitlist coming thorugh will be at the 31 day mark. That's when anyone who isn't absolutely sure of their plans will cancel. No one likes to have points in the holding account!

If it hasn't come through by then and you still want to try, be sure to call MS and tell them you want to remain on the waitlist. If you don't, your waitlist request will be cancelled at the 30 day mark. At 7 days, all waitlists are cancelled - you'd have to call to see if anything becomes available. Since you cancel a room only up to 5 days prior to arrival without penalty, that's the day you give up - again IMHO.

Best wishes and good luck, too!

I know you said nothing was available in the moderate resorts, but did you ask MS about the WDW resorts using points? It is value season for the time you are interested and the points per night for the moderate resorts are not very expensive.

Just a thought!

I have had pretty good luck with calling after the 30-day mark and getting a DVC room. Especially after the waitlist is over (7 days), you can call until you are blue in the face and see if anything becomes available. Good luck!

pirate:

Everytime we have done waitlist it has come through = I think you still have a great chance - just have a back up plan that you can cancel and you'll be fine.

Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter