Waitlist Question

emiller

Earning My Ears
DVC newbie and never waitlisted before!

Are you able to book your home resort at 11 months and then at the 7 month mark, waitlist a resort that isn’t your home, whilst keeping your original home resort booking? Incase your waitlist doesn’t work out but you still need the dates.
Hope that makes sense!
Thanks

Are you able to book your home resort at 11 months and then at the 7 month mark, waitlist a resort that isn’t your home, whilst keeping your original home resort booking? Incase your waitlist doesn’t work out but you still need the dates.
Hope that makes sense!
Thanks
New to DVC as well. From my understanding of it, that is correct. Book home resort 11 months out and then waitlist somewhere else at the 7 month mark of your trip. I think if it is available at the 7 month mark you would just change your booking.

Last edited:

Hope that makes sense!
Thanks
Yes, you can choose a reservation to replace when you make your waitlist request.

Hope that makes sense!
Thanks
Yes you can do this. For the waitlist they give you the option of replacing a current booking or waitlisting a new reservation without cancelling the prior one.

New to DVC as well. From my understanding of it, that is correct. Book home resort 11 months out and then waitlist somewhere else. I think if it is available at the 7 month mark you would just change your booking.
You cannot put the waitlist in until the 7 month mark for a non-home resort. From your post it sounds like you are thinking you can put it in before the 7 month mark and if it is available at 7 months it will fill.

You cannot put the waitlist in until the 7 month mark for a non-home resort. From your post it sounds like you are thinking you can put it in before the 7 month mark and if it is available at 7 months it will fill.
Yes, the 7 month mark for non-home resort is understood. It was more I’ve been tracking the BCV and it’s currently available for 6 out of 7 days of our stay. I’m very aware this will probably disappear asap! But it was just incase it was available at our 7 month point - thanks ☺️

Yes, the 7 month mark for non-home resort is understood. It was more I’ve been tracking the BCV and it’s currently available for 6 out of 7 days of our stay. I’m very aware this will probably disappear asap! But it was just incase it was available at our 7 month point - thanks ☺️
Yep, wasn't quoting you. I was quoting the person who responded to you to make sure they understood at what point they can actually create the waitlist.

Good luck on BCV. We had it for a trip last summer but ended up switching away to a different resort. Guessing we'll never get it for 7+ days again.

Yeah, I should have edited that. Not home resort, you can book 7 months out. I typed too fast...lol

**I edited it so there was no confusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter