waitlist success...kinda...

psu4glory

ka-chow!
wanted to share my recent experience w/the waitlist....

we have a 12-night stay planned for mid-JUN. when we made the reservations, we had to piece together 4 separate reservations due to availability (3 nts BCV studio + 1 nt BWV STD 1-br + 7 nts BWV STD studio + 1 nt BWV PREF studio). i got on several automatic waitlists to try to cut-down on the number of times we'd be packing up and moving on this trip.

the last night of the trip automatically came through a few weeks ago, which was great. then yesterday, i called MS to confirm some room requests and my remaining waitlists, and when she checked, she said 'Good news...I found a match for your other 1-day waitlist!'

that was good news - but it begs the question (at least for me)...how EXACTLY does the DVC waitlist work? if there was a day available to match my waitlist, why hadn't they matched it up already? if it had only become available yesterday before i called, why hadn't it been matched up with either my list, or someone else who had requested that day before me? and if my request had not made it's way to the top of the list yet (which i'm assuming was true, since it had yet to be automatically matched), how fair is it that i got the day instead of those that were ahead of me on the list - simply b/c i happened to call MS yesterday?

not that i'm complaining....!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter