Waive Resort Charge?

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
I read in another post that the Walt Disney World Dolphin charges a $10.00 "resort" fee. I also read that this might be waived. Can you please let me know how to request this and if declining this fee might affect my chances for an upgrade?

I know they used to waive the fee, but I'm understanding that they no longer will. My bet is that if you ask to have it waived it won't give anyone any inclination to upgrade you. You might be better off trying to ge tit waived AFTER you request the upgrade (if you don't get it) and to just smile and pay teh fee if you do get an upgrade...

Anne

We were there 1/4-1/10. The resort fee is now $10.00. They would only waive $5.00 because they said they couldn't tell if I used the Internet Access or not. But they still delivered the newspaper every day. I didn't ask to have it waived until I already knew my room number.

I had it waved in December, I was told the fee is for the phone use ( which we have cell phones )coffee maker ( which we didn't use once ) and newspaper ( which I returned to the desk everyday when I asked to wave the fee ). Oh yeah , and the use of the health club ( I do enough walking at the parks ) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter