Waking Sleeping Beauty

50sjayne

DIS Veteran
Just checking out movies for today and noticed this was at our local art theater (meaning it's probably been out roughly 1 million years) I'm gonna go see it-- anyone else see it?

I havn't been able to see it yet as it hasn't been released in the UK and I can't see to find a decent torrent for it, but it's only been out for a few months. Looks like a fantastic documentary :)

That is coming to DVD on November 30th in US. Also being released on that date is the Sherman Brothers Story and Walt and El Grupo as well as the Fantasia/ Fantasia 2000 two movie collection.

Oh-- I really liked it-- brought tears to my eyes really. I have heard the dvd has a bunch of extra footage too. They were showing a restored version of Metropolis after that so I stayed and watched that -- awesome. They just found 25 minutes of cut footage from the original release and it makes so much more sense now. Always blown away by the sheer amount of work put in to this-- and as a union steward-- enjoyed. ;)

Saw it this past summer when it was in one of our "art houses". We all really liked it. It was sad at times and very interesting to see how the company "survived" a dark period. Would rent it to see the extras.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter