Walk from Aulani to ABC and Monkeypod?

WDWFERN

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are planning a first time trip this summer to Aulani. We really enjoy walking and are curious if the roads are walkable from Aulani to the area where Monkeypod and ABC are across the street.

On Google Map, distance wise it is very close, but I know I have been fooled before at WDW thinking somewhere might be walkable, but the infrastructure of the roads would make it difficult/dangerous.

Thanks!

Yes, super easy walk. Out the main front door, down the sidewalk to the left, then cross the street. Don't forget to stop for a picture with the "Aulani, a Disney resort & spa" sign :)

Another easy walk is to the Paradise Cove lagoon/public beach area, good place to snorkel, maybe even see some turtles.

It's literally across the street. Roy's Ko Olina is also walkable in under 10 minutes.

Is there a walking path to Paradise Cove?

Yes! Actually to get to Paradise Cove's lagoon/public beach is really easy, you just walk down the sidewalk until you see the parking lot, then turn left. Mostly, the parking lot is roped off when it isn't luau time but there is a little tiny part of the lot that is publicly accessible - that is also the start of the little path down to the beach.

There is also a beach often referred to as "Secret Beach". To get to that beach from Aulani, you would take the path that is along the beach part of Aulani (so Aulani's lagoon) toward Four Seasons and beyond, and you'll end up at Secret Beach. We saw monk seals there.

Yes! Actually to get to Paradise Cove's lagoon/public beach is really easy, you just walk down the sidewalk until you see the parking lot, then turn left. Mostly, the parking lot is roped off when it isn't luau time but there is a little tiny part of the lot that is publicly accessible - that is also the start of the little path down to the beach.

There is also a beach often referred to as "Secret Beach". To get to that beach from Aulani, you would take the path that is along the beach part of Aulani (so Aulani's lagoon) toward Four Seasons and beyond, and you'll end up at Secret Beach. We saw monk seals there.
Thank you!

It’s a great place to snorkel. We always bring our snorkel gear when we visit Hawaii.

it's a 5 minute walk from the resort, so say 10 mins from your actual villa with the elevator ride? It is simply a walk to the light at the corner and cross the street.

yup, several mornings I would walk over to ABC to get a hot fresh spam musubi. They were bigger and cheaper that the ones they sometimes have at the Ulu Cafe ... but not mickey shaped :)

Hi! Just curious, for safety reasons, if there is a lot of pedestrian traffic in the area walking from Aulani to ABC/shopping areas mentioned.

Hi! Just curious, for safety reasons, if there is a lot of pedestrian traffic in the area walking from Aulani to ABC/shopping areas mentioned.

As others have noted, you are literally taking a left outside the front of the hotel and walking less than a half a block to a set of traffic lights/pedestrian crossing and then crossing the street to a very busy shopping plaza.

I don't want to assume that your question has to do with issues of personal safety, but if that is a concern, it should be very, very, very low on your worry-list. There are always plenty of people walking between the various hotels and the plaza.

All of Ko Olina felt very safe to us. We walked the lagoons from the Marriott to Aulani at 10pm one night and even though it was completely deserted it felt very safe.

Thanks everyone for answering my question. We have been to Oahu before, but this would be our first stay at Aulani, so just curious how quiet the area really is, if my family and I were to venture out walking at night to the shopping area, etc.

Thanks everyone for answering my question. We have been to Oahu before, but this would be our first stay at Aulani, so just curious how quiet the area really is, if my family and I were to venture out walking at night to the shopping area, etc.
We walked there around 10pm and while it was quiet, it didn’t feel unsafe. We tried both going through the garage and walking down the sidewalk and both ways felt safe to us.

We did not feel unsafe in the slightest walking to back from the shopping center after a late dinner at Monkeypod.

I will go on early morning or late night runs by myself while I'm at Ko Olina and I always have felt safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter