• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walking distance from the farthest room to the lobby for each resort?

The irony is, while people always seem to claim that the Boardwalk hallways are long, the distance from one end of Kidani to the other is greater than the distance from the farthest Boardwalk room and the Epcot entrance.

Kidani needs it's own shuttle, or that bus from Kidani to Jambo should do a loop for people who can't walk that distance.

When we stayed at Kidani our room was the very last room on the left of the hall and we commented on the distance every morning and every evening . I loved our stay there but I would NOT want to be in that room again!

Our son's room was in that area last June. It was such a hike!!! And he needed to meet me at the bus stop when I came to see his room and had to walk me back to the bus stop when I left because the last time I was there to explore that area of the resort, I got lost in the maze of hallways. :D

Beach Club had the hallway that never ended for us. It went on for FOREVER!
Do you mean Beach Club or Beach Club Villas? Because one time, I had a split stay, doing Kidani and then BCV. The walk from my room at Kidani seemed so long that on my last day there, I counted the # of steps I took to get to the lobby. Then when I got to BCV, I took that same number of steps from my room (which was not near the elevator BTW). The same number of steps landed me almost to Epcot Security at the IG (now, see what some of us solos find interesting). Swore I'd never go back to Kidani without an ECV.

Do you mean Beach Club or Beach Club Villas? Because one time, I had a split stay, doing Kidani and then BCV. The walk from my room at Kidani seemed so long that on my last day there, I counted the # of steps I took to get to the lobby. Then when I got to BCV, I took that same number of steps from my room (which was not near the elevator BTW). The same number of steps landed me almost to Epcot Security at the IG (now, see what some of us solos find interesting). Swore I'd never go back to Kidani without an ECV.

BC. It was the longest walk I’ve ever had to my room.

I've Definitely been lost in BWI lol

I am staying at BWV for the first time in September, and I am definitely nervous about the hallways. I am still traumatized from getting lost in the Kidani hallways after doing laundry, and would rather not go through again.

Having to get rescued by a castmember because you have been wandering the halls with a basket of underwear for almost an hour is really a special kind of embarrassment lol

This thread is making me nervous about our upcoming stay at Boardwalk Inn! Any tips for where to request a room fro a first timer? (Resort view)

Beach Club had the hallway that never ended for us. It went on for FOREVER!

YES. Our first stay at BC was not our first Deluxe but definitely our first experience with An Endless Hallway! DH even said "never again" because of it, but at our next stay I booked a pool view room which put us much more central in the resort 😂

YES. Our first stay at BC was not our first Deluxe but definitely our first experience with An Endless Hallway! DH even said "never again" because of it, but at our next stay I booked a pool view room which put us much more central in the resort 😂

When we stayed at BWV I believe I chose near lobby or elevator. Either way we were just a few doors down from the elevator. Maybe on the second or third floor.

I would stay at BC again but would definitely make some kind of request to try and avoid the never ending hallway!

Here's the furthest walk at Caribbean Beach. I know this resort is infamous for being so spread out, but with the multiple bus stations and Skyliner I don't find it that bad.

1692110083296.png

Kidani and Jambo house seem like they take forever, but they're about half the distance as some of the outdoor resorts:
1692110284563.png

Here's the furthest walk at Caribbean Beach. I know this resort is infamous for being so spread out, but with the multiple bus stations and Skyliner I don't find it that bad.

View attachment 785486

Kidani and Jambo house seem like they take forever, but they're about half the distance as some of the outdoor resorts:
View attachment 785487
Exactly, thank you for providing measured examples. How long a walk « feels » is certainly a valid point, however that part varies greatly from one individual to another (Is it in the sun? Do you hate hallways? Are you carrying a laundry basket or pushing a stroller?). Getting a preferred room is often presented as « absolutely necessary because the standard rooms as so far » but sometimes the difference is insignificant (or not worth the extra cost). Before this thread I was at the point of ruling out some resorts completely but now that I know that the absolute worst case scenario is a 0.7 mile walk, and that I have walked that in past trips, I am reopening all possibilities.

I love this thread! As a big OKW fan I always think: other resorts have really long walking distance to the lobby! So it's true.

This thread is making me nervous about our upcoming stay at Boardwalk Inn! Any tips for where to request a room fro a first timer? (Resort view)
We stayed in this area during our boardwalk stay. We had booked a standard view, but I’m pretty sure it was actually a Resort View because they merged the standard and garden views into Resort between booking and when we went. I have no idea what that’s called though, can anyone help? 😂 we would walk down the stairs and right into that house. It was near all of the garden inn rooms. Very easy to get to and quiet.

Attachments

• 431B88BC-115B-4A5A-82B0-9CD1198FCCAF.jpeg
    431B88BC-115B-4A5A-82B0-9CD1198FCCAF.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 10
The irony is, while people always seem to claim that the Boardwalk hallways are long, the distance from one end of Kidani to the other is greater than the distance from the farthest Boardwalk room and the Epcot entrance.
I was about to say anyone complaining about halls at BW have not done AKL/V

I was about to say anyone complaining about halls at BW have not done AKL/V
For me, it wasn't so much the length of hallways at Boardwalk, it was the complete lack of windows or things to look at to help break up the view. Not having anything to break up the view makes the walk feel longer and unpleasant. AKL has nice scenic windows to look out and interesting African decorations or facts to read.

It’s not really the length at BW it’s that you can get lost lol all the halls look the same you can duck down staircases to who knows where, and then like a maze hit a dead end ha ha it’s fun though

When we stayed at Kidani our room was the very last room on the left of the hall and we commented on the distance every morning and every evening . I loved our stay there but I would NOT want to be in that room again!
Our room was close to that, but not quite. We have stayed there a bunch and yet to stay within the first 20 rooms off the lobby. But because of that last stay, we’ve crossed AKL off the list.

One of the reasons I very rarely stay at BWV is because if you are in a standard studio, you could possibly be, what feels like miles, away from the lobby! Some are so far that I swear you walk farther in the villas than you do to get from Epcot back to the hotel! I don’t know how far it actually is, but it is far! Also kildani, I have stayed twice and both times my room was literally the last section, so it was the same situation, walk forever to get to your room, after walking all day! Won’t stay at kildani again either! wilderness lodge is wonderfully compact!

For me, it wasn't so much the length of hallways at Boardwalk, it was the complete lack of windows or things to look at to help break up the view. Not having anything to break up the view makes the walk feel longer and unpleasant. AKL has nice scenic windows to look out and interesting African decorations or facts to read.
I'm sure you had food trays outside of the rooms to look at it, that was what we had to look at during 1 stay at AKL. Our family would rather walk outside then down some of these hallways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter