Walking from BLT to MK

TeacherDL

Mouseketeer
We are staying at BLT our first time. Do you usually walk to MK in the morning and on the way back in, or do you take the monorail? I've read that it's about a ten minute walk, but I wasn't sure what is easiest. We have no young kids...four adults and one 13 year old.

Unless you have mobility issues or just want to ride the monorail, walking from BLT or the Contemporary to MK is very easy. The monorail will really add way to much time, in my opinion. One benefit of walking is that the security check point is usually not very busy. Walking back at night is no problem either. It is well lit.

We walked. It's alot easier than dealing with the monorail and the elevators/escalators in the contemporary.

We always walk to MK. It's about 10-15 minutes depending on where you start counting and how fast you walk.

Sometimes we take the monorail back from MK just to ride it or because we want to go to the CR lobby for something

Best and easiest walk ever! You will have a hard time staying anywhere else after.

Just be aware that if you are taking the monorail from BLT (CR) to MK, the monorail first stops at the TTC, Poly and GF before it gets to the Magic Kingdom.

Even with some mobility issues, the walk is easier. The ramps from the monorail platform at MK are no fun in a manual wheelchair. Sometimes if I’m on the monorail to MK I’ll stop at CR and take the path over.

You will likely have a longer wait for the monorail than the amount of time it takes to walk back to BLT...especially if you leave after the fireworks! Enjoy the Resort!!!

It's the best perk of the hotel, definitely walk there. Depending on how tired we are at the end of the day we take the monorail, but walking is the quickest option.

We’ve always walked as well, even with strollers. The kids loved watching the monorail overhead as we walked the sidewalk and the pavers with names line the way. Now our kids are teens and pre-teens and they want to make that walk even if we’re not staying at BLT!

Walking is sooooo much easier, quicker, and faster!
Even the security areas are faster.
I definitely would not ever monorail to MK from there.

We walked to the MK in the morning and usually took the monorail back after spending the whole day in the park. There was my DH, DS, DD, mom, dad, and myself. Everyone appreciated the ride back to rest the feet & legs.

I am a huge proponent of saving your steps for the parks, but the walk between the MK and Contemporary is on flat ground and not long at all especially if you factor in the walking you would need to do between the MK entrance and the monorail.

I am a huge proponent of saving your steps for the parks, but the walk between the MK and Contemporary is on flat ground and not long at all especially if you factor in the walking you would need to do between the MK entrance and the monorail.
True that!!!
Especially on the way back up.that incline!

We would almost always walk over. For the trip back, it depended a lot on whether we wanted to do anything in the tower before settling back in the room. If we wanted to shop or dine, we would take the monorail. If we were just going straight back to the room, we would walk. We would also walk to the MK bus stops to go to various hotels for meals - it was very convenient to have a transportation hub that close.

We normally walk, but if we’re with folks who enjoy the monorail, we use that. We have been fortunate to visit WDW so often that we tend to forget that the monorail is a huge treat for many that haven't visited as often. And little ones especially get a kick out of it.

As others have said, the walk is really easy. And the "personal" security checkpoint is a major plus. We never wait more than a couple of minutes there, much shorter than those who take the monorail to the MK.

And here's something that emotional old fools like me like walking back at night: The breathtaking view of the lit-up Contemporary and BLT back from MK. And as you are walking approaching BLT or the Contemporary, the view passing UNDER the monorail with the palm trees is amazing. You don't get it on the monorail.

As others have said, the walk is really easy. And the "personal" security checkpoint is a major plus. We never wait more than a couple of minutes there, much shorter than those who take the monorail to the MK.

And here's something that emotional old fools like me like walking back at night: The breathtaking view of the lit-up Contemporary and BLT back from MK. And as you are walking approaching BLT or the Contemporary, the view passing UNDER the monorail with the palm trees is amazing. You don't get it on the monorail.
Yes, it is beautiful at night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter