Walking sandals - help me decide!

sarahothomas

Mouseketeer
I am torn between what pair of sandals to buy for our upcoming trip. I want something that is comfy but not terribly ugly. Some of these are very pricey in my opinion, so I want it to be a good investment. If anyone has owned a pair of any of these - please tell me how you like them!! It's important to note I am a size 9.5 and have wide feet, but can make do with regular width if it's not super narrow.

1. Blowfish Fishermen Sandal
These are probably the best looking pair I could find that were recommended for hiking or walking long periods. They don't have a super thick sole, but honestly that's what makes them better looking!

2. Teva Ysidro Universal Sandal
These are also better looking than most. It has a little bit of a heel which might offer some support.

3. Chaco ZX1 Classic Sport Sandal
These are crazy expensive for sandals, but the reviews really make me want to buy them. Not the best looking, but I'd go with all black on these and don't think they'd look so bad.

4. Rainbow Sandals
And then there are these Rainbows which I actually already own! I have had the same pair for 7 (!!!) years now, and they are my go-to shoe for anything casual outside of work. Mine are broken in but still in amazing condition. Best $50 I ever spent! I would love the save money and just wear these but - would they work for the parks?

edit - adding one more!
5. OluKai Upena Sandal
These look super cute. Not sure about the strap around the big toe. The reviews for these shoes are great. $90 is high, though.

I don't plan on carrying a backpack with me, so whatever I wear needs to get me through a 8-10 hour park day. Feel free to leave own suggestions, as well!

Last edited:
I bought my first pair of Chacos this summer after putting it off for years based on their cost. They are honestly one of the best investments I've made for myself. I find them super comfortable, but the arch support is what really makes them wearable for me for long days with lots of walking.

I bought my first pair of Chacos this summer after putting it off for years based on their cost. They are honestly one of the best investments I've made for myself. I find them super comfortable, but the arch support is what really makes them wearable for me for long days with lots of walking.

Awesome! Yeah I've been hearing about them for years and never thought they'd be worth the money, but now I'm reconsidering. Which style did you buy?

Awesome! Yeah I've been hearing about them for years and never thought they'd be worth the money, but now I'm reconsidering. Which style did you buy?

I have the Z/2s. I will say the only thing that took a while to get used to is learning how to adjust them, but once you figure it out you're golden. The Chaco website has a bunch on sale for around $70 right now if you decide to get them!

Update - In case anyone else is looking for sandals to where at Disney!

I ended up buying these bad boys - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KWKPY9U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They took a good week to get used to, since they have arch support and because I don't own another pair of sandals with a toe strap. But they are AMAZING. I have been wearing them everywhere - walks in the evenings, grocery shopping, beach, for hours at a time. If you are looking for a solid and comfortable sandal - buy these, seriously. Best $40 I've ever spent. I will provide an update when I go to Disney in a month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter