Walkway from OKW to DTD? Stitch3???

DianeL

DIS Veteran
Stitch3 I saw your answer on the SSR thread about the walkway to DTD and there being a walkway from SSR to the Westside. We stayed here in Jan2005 and did the walkway to the Marketplace which was lovely.

Well we are staying at OKW this January and wanted to trot over to SSR to grab dinner one night and I seemed to recall there was a walkway from OKW to DTD using the Westside end. I saw you were also a member for OKW and hoped you or someone else would know the answer.

I'm thinking we could bus to SSR then walk back to OKW via Westside or worst case take the nice walk back to the Marketplace and boat back to OKW.

So is there a path from Westside to OKW and does anyone know how long it is from SSR to Westside and then from there to OKW? I know the walk from SSR to the Marketplace wasn't long and rather nice and peaceful.

Both resorts are lovely. We had picked OKW when we had 4 ladies and needed the extra space. Now we're down to 3 and SSR is booked up for what we want. Always next year!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diane

The pathway from OKW begins near building 55 and ends near the plaza area for Cirque and House of Blues.

It's 0.93 mile long from OKW to the water tower at HoB. But keep in mind that just puts you on the edge of OKW. From building 55 to the rest of the resort can also be quite a walk. However, building 55 is at the South Point area and you can walk to the South Point bus stop and catch a bus there to Hospitality House, assuming that's your final destination.

I measured the distance from HH to building 55 once, but don't have that figure handy. It's probably about 3/4 mile, just guessing.

The path from SSR which leaves near the SSR boat dock connects to the OKW-DD path at a point probably 70% of the way from OKW to DD.

Going toward the SSR boat dock, veer to the right and onto the golf cart path. It has a line down the middle for carts on one side and pedestrians on the other. Follow that path across the bridge. Immediately on the other side you'll see the path that follows the canal. Turn left to go up to DD Westside, or turn right to follow it to OKW.

Keep in mind that the path from OKW to DD is not lighted - not a good idea to walk it after dark.

Best wishes -

Oh my! Thanks all for the info and the detail!

Carol good point on the path not being lighted, I keep thinking it will be light out but it will be in January and that is something for us to keep in mind.

Thanks all for the info and it gives us an option. This trip or next, now we know :)

We walked from OKW building 49 to the spa at SSR and it took about 15 minutes, walking at a decent clip. WOnderful way to get a little extra exercise and great scenery to boot. I had requested to stay near HH and instead we were as far away from HH as we could possibly have been...but loved it and found that being at the back of the resort did give us the advantage of good proximity to the SSR/DTD walking path (and very close to Turtle Pond pool area which is lovely...and relatively quiet!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter