Walt Disney Collectors Society to end

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
This memo has been released to dealers of the WDCC

Valued collectors of the Walt Disney Classics Collection will be pleased to know that we are committed to continuing to celebrate the artistic legacy of Disney animated films through these exquisite and innovative porcelain sculptures.

In just days we will be announcing an exciting lineup of new Walt Disney Classics Collection sculptures for 2010, which will feature both rarely depicted characters and perennial favorites to delight new collectors and those who have been with us since the beginning.

While the Walt Disney Classics Collection will continue with many new innovative sculptures planned, we regret that the Walt Disney Collectors Society will be suspended at the end of this year. Details are being mailed directly to Walt Disney Classics Collection authorized retailers and Walt Disney Collectors Society Members now.

This is sad. I'm a charter member of the WDCS.

I wonder if they will have any special gift for those of us who have been Charter Members and held our membership all the way through.

I would suspect they will probably just consolidate the Society membership into D23.

WOW! This is news to me and I renewed my membership in August...

Received my "official" notifiction today that the society is being suspended. Members will receive a special lithograph developed by Disney master artist David Pacheco in February 2010 in place of future issues of Sketches which is also "suspended".

I got my official letter this weekend. That is sad as I enjoyed getting a new little figurine each year. I'm glad I got my steamboat Minnie last year, I would not have been happy if I had only been at 9 years and missed it. I don't understand why they would end it. If it had not been for the WCS I probably would not have purchased many of the figurines I now have. "out of site out of mind" so now I'll only see what's coming when I visit the parks and won't have a clue until then. I guess I'll be saving ALOT of money in the future -- "thanks Disney"!

Received my "official" notifiction today that the society is being suspended. Members will receive a special lithograph developed by Disney master artist David Pacheco in February 2010 in place of future issues of Sketches which is also "suspended".

i never recieved anything. i signed up in the beginning of november, got no information at all. very upset

i tried phoning and going to their website, all are down. if i don't hear anything from them soon. i am going to phone enesco

I didn't renew until early December, and was told everything from the 2009 kit is on backorder until around mid-January. I would go ahead and give them a call to confirm this is what's happened to yours. If I don't get my 2009 kit by that point, then I'll be calling as well.

The last Sketches came to my house while I was away for the holidays. I think it's crappy, but what really bothers me is why are we not getting the new sculptures here at WDW? I have been waiting for the Evil Queen members only piece, and also all 3 of the Robin Hood pieces.

CRAP! I am also a Charter member and forgot to renewal 2009 ----- nor did I read my mail as of late because I just called and found out about the suspension!! I am saddened by this. I hope I can find a dealer with a 2009 kit left or ebay it is.

:sad:

It makes sense since Marshalls is now selling the figurines. Some which are still being sold at the parks.

^^^Get to a Marshall's everybody :thumbsup2!

agnes!
PS - Thanks, disneylove69 ::yes:: .

New to this, so please let me know if my question is out of place.

My mother has several Disney items that she is wishing to sale. Where do I go to sale such items?

ST

Members will receive a special lithograph developed by Disney master artist David Pacheco in February 2010 in place of future issues of Sketches which is also "suspended".

Just wondering if any former WDCS members have received their lithograph?

I received my "farewell" lithograph from the Collectors Society today. It's called "The Magic Marches On" and has a parade of Disney characters from
Sorcerer Mickey to Cinderella. Also the last issues of Sketches was included which I thought was suspended back in December. Hopefully the Collectors Society will be re-activated in the future.

I have no idea if the collectors soceity had my e-mail address. These are exceptional prices on these pieces.

WDCS Collector Appreciation Celebration!

Walt Disney Collectors Society Members has announced a special Collector Appreciation Celebration opportunity for eligible WDCS Members-Only pieces taking place at participating authorized WDCC retailers. An email blast will be sent to all active members whose email address was on file with the Walt Disney Collectors Society.

This special promotion begins today, Wednesday, June 16th and includes the following Members Only releases:

Thumper ("Did the Young Prince Fall Down?) - 2004 Instant Redemption Sculpture $20.00 US

Sheep ("Curious Companion") - 2005 Instant Redemption Sculpture $20.00

Tinkerbell in Lantern ("Pixie in Peril") - 2005 Open Edition Sculpture $199.00 US

Ariel ("Seaside Serenade) - 2006 Membership Renewal Gift $50.00 US

Scuttle ("Muddled Mentor") - 2006 Instant Redemption Sculpture $20.00 US

Blue Fairy & Pinocchio ("The Gift of Life is Thine") - 2006 'Of Dreams & Magic' Sculpture $110.00 US

Nemo & Gurgle (I"m From the Ocean") - 2006 Figurine Sculpture $65.00 US

Cinderella ("Wistful Dreamer") - 2007 Membership Renewal Gift $50.00 US

Bruno ("Canine Confidante") - 2007 Instant Redemption Sculpture $20.00 US

Peter Pan and the Mermaids ("Spinning a Spellbinding Story") - 2007 'Of Dreams & Magic' Sculpture $199.00 US

Ursula at Vanity ("Devilish Diva") - 2007 Villains Series Sculpture $140.00 US

Horace & Jasper ("Bumbling Baduns") - 2007 Commission Only Sculpture $160.00 US

Donald Duck ("Happy Camper") - 2008 Membership Renewal Gift $45.00 US

Nephew Duck ("A Real Trooper") - 2008 Instant Redemption Sculpture $20.00US

Belle with Enchanted Rose ("Forbidden Discovery") - 2008 'Of Dreams & Magic' Sculpture $130.00 US

Wendy ("Peter! Oh, Peter!") - 2008 Commission Only Sculpture $70.00 US

Johnny Appleseed ("Johnny Appleseed") - 2008 American Folk Heroes Sculpture $85.00 US

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter