Walt Disney Family Museum revisted

Belle Ella

DIS Veteran
Opening day is October 1st! I didn't know the actual opening date until I just opened my little newsletter just a few minutes ago. Too bad it's in the middle of the week. I'm already taking a full week off from school to go to DLR in September so I shouldn't push it and miss more than that. I may just have to settle for opening weekend and go on the 3rd.

Anyone else going opening day/weekend?

I'm going to try and get tickets for the museum members sneak preview on September 26 or 27. I'm just glad that the museum is in San Francisco, which is considerably closer to me than Disneyland.

I'm going to try and get tickets for the museum members sneak preview on September 26 or 27. I'm just glad that the museum is in San Francisco, which is considerably closer to me than Disneyland.

Tell me about it. It takes me an hour either by BART or by car. Much easier to get to than DLR!! With trip planning right now I can't shoot for membership (BOO) so would never be able to make it to that. Hope you get to! And if you do let us know what you think.

I'm glad to have something Disney that's actually day-tripping possible!

I'll be honest here. There's a possibility that I'll just let the museum take the place of park trips.

The recent skyrocketing price of a PAP has me questioning just how much the company values loyal fans like me. If the museum can come even close to what the parks do for me, there will be no reason for an AP.

S.F. not too far from me, about a 45 minute drive. I recently graduated, but I would ride the train into San Francisco about 3 times a week and spend the entire morning & afternoon there. No real need to go back since I've graduated except for the occasional trip to Pier 39 & the Wharf. I'll see if I can drag my friend along, don't really like to go to the city alone.

I was going to ask about this too. We are about a 45 min drive away and would like to see it this fall. Do you think the first few weeks will be really crowded? I noticed they seem to have timed tickets. From what I can tell it seems like you buy a ticket to arrive at a certain time. Anyone know anything more about how this works? It just seems odd. What if you are late? Or is it like FPs where you can't come early?

are going to plan a late November early December trip ( 2 hrs woohoo) to the museum. Since we are skipping DL for the holidays. This will be our fix :)

Opening day is October 1st! I didn't know the actual opening date until I just opened my little newsletter just a few minutes ago. Too bad it's in the middle of the week. I'm already taking a full week off from school to go to DLR in September so I shouldn't push it and miss more than that. I may just have to settle for opening weekend and go on the 3rd.

Anyone else going opening day/weekend?

Hey there, I didn't realize you are in Martinez! I work in Benicia. :) I'm going to consider going, BUT I've got a wedding that weekend and it's my BFF's so I don't know. We might go on Sunday, or try to anyway, but we haven't decided yet. We have a trip to DL that next weekend so if we don't get there that first weekend we will wait a couple weeks.

I'll be honest here. There's a possibility that I'll just let the museum take the place of park trips.

The recent skyrocketing price of a PAP has me questioning just how much the company values loyal fans like me. If the museum can come even close to what the parks do for me, there will be no reason for an AP.

I feel very much like you Sleepless, I'm so disappointed in how they decided to raise prices this year. :( Tell me about the museum membership, where do you find out about that? We are very much considering letting our APs lapse until 2011 or even 2012. Perhaps membership is just what we need to help us ease our addiction. LOL

Haven't decided if I'm going to take the day off and go opening day or not. Just depends on my workload. Really wish I could take advantage of the D23 early tickets.

I was going to ask about this too. We are about a 45 min drive away and would like to see it this fall. Do you think the first few weeks will be really crowded? I noticed they seem to have timed tickets. From what I can tell it seems like you buy a ticket to arrive at a certain time. Anyone know anything more about how this works? It just seems odd. What if you are late? Or is it like FPs where you can't come early?
It is my understanding is that they are tiering the ticket/entry times in hopes that it will help congestion in the museum rather than just letting everyone in en masse. The ticket that you purchase corresponds with your entry time and they are in 15 minute intervals I believe. Admission FAQ.

Hey there, I didn't realize you are in Martinez! I work in Benicia. :) I'm going to consider going, BUT I've got a wedding that weekend and it's my BFF's so I don't know. We might go on Sunday, or try to anyway, but we haven't decided yet. We have a trip to DL that next weekend so if we don't get there that first weekend we will wait a couple weeks.

Just over the bridge! I believe my aunt and my cousin live over in Benicia actually. I think I'll end up going the 3rd, 10th, or 17th since I believe the Disney on Ice thing my friend and I wanted to go to is on the following weekend and it's really the only days I can go in the mornings so I can get home for my overnight shift. I am dead tot he world on Sundays!!! :lmao: But hey, so much easier to try and factor in without a 6 or so hour drive!

Tell me about the museum membership, where do you find out about that? We are very much considering letting our APs lapse until 2011 or even 2012. Perhaps membership is just what we need to help us ease our addiction. LOL

Let's see, it looks like the membership page is here: Membership FAQ
And if you want to navigate the full page here's a good place to start: The Walt Disney Family Museum.

It is my understanding is that they are tiering the ticket/entry times in hopes that it will help congestion in the museum rather than just letting everyone in en masse. The ticket that you purchase corresponds with your entry time and they are in 15 minute intervals I believe. Admission FAQ.

Just over the bridge! I believe my aunt and my cousin live over in Benicia actually. I think I'll end up going the 3rd, 10th, or 17th since I believe the Disney on Ice thing my friend and I wanted to go to is on the following weekend and it's really the only days I can go in the mornings so I can get home for my overnight shift. I am dead tot he world on Sundays!!! :lmao: But hey, so much easier to try and factor in without a 6 or so hour drive!

Let's see, it looks like the membership page is here: Membership FAQ
And if you want to navigate the full page here's a good place to start: The Walt Disney Family Museum.

Yup, just over the bridge. :) Thank you for the info, I'll check it out tonight. :)

I feel very much like you Sleepless, I'm so disappointed in how they decided to raise prices this year. :( Tell me about the museum membership, where do you find out about that? We are very much considering letting our APs lapse until 2011 or even 2012. Perhaps membership is just what we need to help us ease our addiction. LOL
I've spent some time the past few days separating the man Walt Disney from the recent actions of the company he founded. While I have much to dislike from the company before the price increases, that does not impact my opinion of the man. If the spirit of the man is what makes his park so special, then I will have less reason to go there as often as I have been.

I found out about memberships through Facebook, though that information is also available on the museum website. I think it's a yearly membership, but it gives you free admission to the museum when you visit. I'm not sure if (and what) they charge members for the assorted special events they will hold there.

http://www.waltdisney.org

As of a few minutes ago, member preview weekend tickets (the same weekend as D23) were still available.

Thanks Sleepless. I don't let the current company color my opinions of the man Walt was rumored to be. But that doesn't lessen the feelings I have right now after this AP increase mess. I'm really upset by it, but again, it doesn't color my feelings or opinions of DL, just the people who make these choices.

I would do that.

Jack

I'm thinking of joining the Museum just to be in support of the man and all he did. I don't think I'll make it to SF for at least 3-5 years..but still..would love to see the museum. How about some reports from those of you who go??

I'm thinking of joining the Museum just to be in support of the man and all he did. I don't think I'll make it to SF for at least 3-5 years..but still..would love to see the museum. How about some reports from those of you who go??
When I get a chance to go, you betcha!!

I can't wait to hear too. From reading the links it seems like even members have to order their tickets ahead of time to get a time slot. I would worry about not getting there in time! Also, would love to hear how parking is. They made it sound like there wasn't a lot. That's what I hate about SF- huge city and nowhere to park.

Are there any reviews of this museum, yet? I'd love to know more and possibly visit next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter