Walt Disney World Skyliner Gondola cabin video, photos, info.

I have two curious questions and I am too tired to start Googling the info.

I believe that the Disney buses arrive to the parks or resorts every 20-minutes.

That is barring opening, closing, accidents, whatever.

How many seats are there for each Disney bus?

How many people do you think can pack into the bus?

About how many Disney Skyliner Gondolas do you think would move through a station in 20-minutes.

If the Disney Skyliner only loaded four guests with each Gondola, how many people do you think a station could transport in 20-minutes.

Let's just say we are using the Pop Century Resort Skyliner Gondola Station is being used to go to Disney Hollywood Studios.

I can't remember, but I think that the guests have to get off at the Disney Caribbean Resort before continuing on to Disney Hollywood Studios.

If not that would be even better and faster.

So...

One Disney bus holds ??-seated guests?

One Disney bus holds approximately ??-seated and standing guests to maximum?

The Disney Skyliner Gondola Station sends ??-gondolas per 1-minute?

The Disney Skyliner Gondola Station sends ??-gondolas per 20-minutes?

I am just curious.

Last edited:
I have two curious questions and I am too tired to start Googling the info.

I believe that the Disney buses arrive to the parks or resorts every 20-minutes.

That is barring opening, closing, accidents, whatever.

How many seats are there for each Disney bus?

How many people do you think can pack into the bus?

About how many Disney Skyliner Gondolas do you think would move through a station in 20-minutes.

If the Disney Skyliner only loaded four guests with each Gondola, how many people do you think a station could transport in 20-minutes.

Let's just say we are using the Pop Century Resort Skyliner Gondola Station is being used to go to Disney Hollywood Studios.

I can't remember, but I think that the guests have to get off at the Disney Caribbean Resort before continuing on to Disney Hollywood Studios.

If not that would be even better and faster.

So...

One Disney bus holds ??-seated guests?

One Disney bus holds approximately ??-seated and standing guests to maximum?

The Disney Skyliner Gondola Station sends ??-gondolas per 1-minute?

The Disney Skyliner Gondola Station sends ??-gondolas per 20-minutes?

I am just curious.
why use google when the main skyliner thread had your anser in the first post

• 3 busloads = roughly 180 people
  • The Gondola system will take that in about 5 minutes
  • A full bus is about 60-70 people
  • Capacity is rumored to be roughly 4000-5000 people per hour each way
  • That's the equivalent of 40 buses worth to Epcot each hour, and 40 buses worth to DHS
  • Testing shows a gondola leaving the station every 10 seconds
  • Over 300 gondola cabins will be in this system

in all, it will be faster to use the gondola

Have you watched people try to fold down their strollers? It's hardly a fast process with those giant things parents wield now!

Also taking a cab to parks seems absurd to me - free transportation is one of the perks of staying on-property! One of the bigger perks, honestly. As for All Stars, we've stayed there numerous times before and while peak times are pretty good about getting buses in and out to each resort, anything other than morning and evening rush has been pretty dismal for us, including (perhaps in particular) heading to dinner at Disney Springs. Not during a crowded time of year, either, but just a mess. Again, it just seems to me like this is a lot of money spent on transportation that won't make the door-to-door experience faster and will cause more problems than would be solved by spending a comparable amount of money on other options (like adding more buses/drivers). We'll see. It may turn out this is faster and fabulous and there's no problem loading at all. But at this point I can't imagine the people who can't figure out how to board a bus quickly and efficiently will do better when the whole thing is moving and swings and you have to transfer at least once.
Yes I have seen people fold a stroller up before getting on the bus I would say 25% can fold there without stopping 70% takes a few seconds maybe 4 or 5 and the rest maybe 10 seconds I do not see a problem with them holding the gondola down since they will be contusly loading and I can see there being a CM at the bottom of the ramp asking people to fold there stroller

last year I stayed at all star sports for 15+ night and most days I stayed there I took an afternoon break not once did I share a bus with another resort ( I went back around 2 and left for the paks around 6 the year before this I think there was 2 or 3 times we shared a bus

I think this will be one of the best modes of transportation at Disney I think it will be fast and fun and I have a feeling they will be expanding it to other resorts ( maybe the all-stars) and parks

I believe strollers will NOT need to be folded to board the gondolas. Whether they will use the alternate loading area with ECVs and wheelchairs remains to be seen. In cities where this type of transportation is used, people push strollers on everyday.

I believe strollers will NOT need to be folded to board the gondolas. Whether they will use the alternate loading area with ECVs and wheelchairs remains to be seen. In cities where this type of transportation is used, people push strollers on everyday.
. I can see this too. I do not think they will use the handicap load area I think then it would back it way up ( I am guessing about 30% if not more would then need it and it would back the line up. But as fair as leaving then field or unfolded I think it could go either way.

BlogMickey shows some photos of the Disney Skyliner Gondola Evacuation on land Procedure Testing Begins at Walt Disney World.

http://blogmickey.com/2019/04/photo...rocedure-testing-begins-at-walt-disney-world/

While visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios this morning we noticed a lot of vehicles on the newly constructed pathway under the Disney Skyliner gondola cabins. As you can see below, a variety of vehicles were being used to access the static Disney Skyliner gondola cabins as evacuation procedure testing began this morning.

Hvk1qWHT5CfW08tw90KBE1fmf0jd6bgHyL0YQBQ4hCln9FvBR7IdeUPKVa7AFnkZWk57AE1dGh1tKEvomyVljharCDO9KGC22Poiedj19HWKCMETGIpSaY3d1POxJybsZ5OGniRUPMmUZHO0ykgvulJ_owFplh8CIJy0RKx3toc69QDWZ-Tc6oLNFlRvX8qtaee5EE68kXYavEdgag6ZsmmAxlogbIKPaE_mohTCHBqUunWqigbKFprQp_G_sAOr7BpSf8j2l4QQxeBriKDBKfQSMw8r3vxsQzHQyfHPfS0fiHM8Vk7256vPuGC2O0vT9ab_L0p5wVKupG5zn9uDAIkgK5g70szEuTczbWqj4k5TuQiZJF5tDHp3KDxZjCVzcclPpK0B3fsMavcI_gf4Y62YAGxeiKxQ_0JqVYQTdpdE4oyOnALo2EZeAABcMO7Ec-iBz38pQMIWk-TQpx2cDSJZ5gOHuauKASyfXmo5M6SIfzcmoWHHrB2mdUhwOnW1DMH4KvFJe0bQMAifQhZaKqp7uQ4wd0HxwYZf_V6Yf7gxTv5AgSZp81Ynsjyye0V638dQta_pG60g5XaShzxb3D5FBCbYiXSE4Zr1mnqpRZq_0GG9OAOrIUfnzJzpXKHjUdKH_ZrvhtM9bu15YzIRPQ8XsF1yQR0=w1080-h720-no

ep_Sgk-RCUUuy7wJW7_elhPwtSHghQGThjw6i9D6rXbhslvfRpkVpG2k4u-MjFVfl49tozitWXGdYG6T5620hWKYlAYYrBDr4WeGnj_WCjP53snqDhaZeUXpMfOEshbGvuIvSwyJ6TDo3fyHkBMwXyyed8pwEWzc7kCAiOEuYnCeVWxt4hPRfzWr_GpseHMvz9xnveEJj71hjVnRK80aPOXurYf75Si1z61SD7HVOUzdhFOub-c36xwV9_u5_RaDddpYejDB_siKZYTTbAhJuR7L6ZutkDFd0jHX_Qv0yAdKju7edf8n3gcFqxFKVhv-TI2KhY-mKcu10Gk3eTzzQqskp9-5xNcg8nL9Nt5SWfMPznihNPmJ1CDhN9-CYzGxuAyGTwi0W8c_Ix0saaFZaeEkU7O2eGrN0SLPbYy8hdr9bWweC1-X5zZe91OPL_e5K61NWM4XV-KuRJwu3koBjwyK-ajyTb5hQ8Ufop0k_W5UQJOBlqyBtjqLriwXeD_3qi_5SYNB-1AvwTCCbEr5enuCr55ME8nYKO45YTWSegNhJ6aazjITVopRP8wN0H4-gfBZeLzP0MJb-e0clop93d2qY4ZrRCS1RE5bbXH3lj7sgqI7Ja0yTXwAMbFw7HR2mBuuKwxwrR_XTCI5DETloNolx2ACHNc=w1080-h720-no

-rTMd1ccVyfRIv2dcRE5w3PExN1n_D7oLZxJ116zEjdr1jaXCBokFL49e6mSuWx0_5ze_fy_9jkX3w6XFimxUWIzWYgiSALIEJAn4OztkuM3WTKHnmHqi9joVZZCl3mFXj12xc-gyJuAXwvn2WP2nPDj79UlBhGiQhKBkmItSIOVdbb1bd9q1xDQniiRpS_ORODz-fPdZbwg37bTJIXJzZuaAKEdUoC-QXIhW-Rj5ZZanzjDgRMHzpe2bvz6_OQxFtRuKpbUhWfx6bK0k9rczx5UlNipuIekx3xN-oC-W23a8WKO5CrqsrX1j3SSiIo0Xni4SJ7vNw_R85m9eBiIBucLWyPNZegPlx1LF_lc0UuiehwXJPsnL2b-lEdfhQBuEkhjeoOQRtS99ErIxHro4KcGTt4AC9kTwNkMeVTDujUK0LenwPeoISSSjPL2nIpMfCbBxc8vbXkDIAiEePlRWqkxZZ37l_aIgljM28Lf5WVddIlog5qcF-SEjf0dMbQy1cu4lqdKYUZR8E0MY08ucq1c9sKHCzVFFHLKHBGIisp02mZ8gv-xgWuZtwoG4V4fzvM0fnlVS0tnHGJdolNtL_jjACiwmJ7RJzEevpJ0N8xgM52aVLmJyPl_C9l1E-h5qz0Z7Kv3SgjyJ0ur2yPpIfjV1zi7gX4=w1080-h720-no

There was even support provided by the fire department.

OGQrQGqC99iCbwXhkz64cD7WS45gdnnZb35b6hg9eqMg9jcp82BujNweKezHezRwm0RiMnJSVCFhFFOiJwoiuQRlU5FkK7awCTaf4FbeRPqPVExMHzIpXxNJUVswzgZR0WQ2TotgCNnOL3KoenE5cYLu3076d5ojZWH3bwnRIhHmlwte29e5d9Mz9N-GmWfWHnV9Yx8rMwQc2uiIQRgjqBPiawq7fOlzNHhA_n4N9Dwd7M-e6biIxiJsdRO8rfxCEXXFxkm6bboKd3AbnKgvButxKUk1ZYPmBJuBlLVFKFanrWHtAwvfuaNZX-bJXN6L1rPDYOIZUmGawd2CKdNOL9hVqREpmIwKyykjm6ysNOPugZk6Ku02AHgHGHqp011heUwYDJ3SKp-XCHYdR_O7i7eg_lcBz8ZY9GXHWt51RicSaXcaiet_xameS-6OHM7dmftupepsmDJDZMuD7FasQ764wc2OS-5YzPg8hszqgDgIRW-opHs4eb7Byrxkpt9tEOBpOR8lhnImOVGNYJSlDFUJIYmZ86jPlgMCViXPf7_YA_MHPeeznEeg8ZERwMV8c5-KCoyXCe_-3Pbj3b27MmOwSl7QBicLB7itRQh-n4qd-fUKoZSVDfHbMmSQpKLb0nUtLeOD4lYTdoZv2DFwQoKLtFYK7XE=w1107-h694-no

IzIiToURM0S3AashzEYLiEH56n5byJuY_wbkIzBopuYGZNnyakZAd6Z6F4FQyUC8rxknlrgfRlYpguprpy4f3MKwgUHIb1Ru-hM4npWxtZdMkDqFqRM3vodLR-lmNZFzfIFPPmoWYDQu8eSSC_QKQcus0_DyJSrkO7O2qHIXu8dU5wnAMoK5RvSx8MPhu89aI-WBxuZu_bKt40OdD9uxTPmHXiwPk-GxuTetXvVJujMTbciScBB-KCZ81nWfDHh_QKEWVA7QrY31cigs_oXGdS_XZIxbdbHIQWm0nhlg5JYDe0sOw6Rnc5SlLYATnVRN5QKz_8-PvsyxqQjfDYXr12GXobcnOdb1IiSwVl5HSTgxmy-_lGye7evEpcit_D8WLP8z93uNJebgY1X5jkr21WzuwDT_yBvT1im_ak2tg2rfUYarY0VgXzh-PBBMO4YyBRsdwoLk_E9B3JCbX2dKjXenlrT54z7O7WKdSXDuIbWXU0zDOitmkZSX66CZTKfF8hBi1F_dqD3AJ6Hk3Toy-cZ7RVgPe9Ilk5tlY0LEDZetGSvZI8bdwiA_FTE_N8NBwLY8glCcVqCcjwsxLOMUDIWmRfDPHIvRtu3r1jAVHwAStLQFu_dMs0O3Hf8aLrudVe9BUZHj-Uc2DGoen8tohrenI2PN05A=w854-h720-no

XxmfqCjFU5P_vGEMzbc6Tng-qoRGh4X37QhC4N8FIWXE95lnFkz9BNCs4egBSOpeNoV3a6BNPXMRy-6k6h93RaVM1V78BnT_xkYa4D0rMmyBiZBnYjfc7Aa0IrvVlEJE26vlabc5RT3Rr54DFC84YYHjtdKgx6sW4n-YngPd8fj73CCds3FNNKR3zXTFXO8EqASnacgxU_6Cxuon5frYQI3g6sT6HEwNoVgagVLc-3GB9a_9_vke1i0N7NpAhAOAtHThXWd5nM6RBHGQEmgFpZdJDmqwfB3CwAq1JWJMvfsQBcBE1BiZCt0v6WcQjxE0LWCeZXNb5NvdqGKx5hj7Cvrp-wfUmdxlaNBQjZL4i0KvVpqCEjtoW9ob2G6wnRMCV0P7kkMn-N6tJPax90C6y6VazPy36moQoEfMjD2jEe5UAo5kTskf1CIA6B8Gc3EIU9ReUr79AXAO3PROL27hVE2XYvr-qt_MP2mZVSwIv7SEq7tCDSCcL8NAL10wavJSXE6Spj75GG53nAbOrzxW4Qbp0jLvx6dE9M83UGYBroNg5yb8UVDUh15kc36naw4KzJhMAraQarOBa6MeKuXgqmFkjVPANepZSSOLEGAUAtsmBe92j3RRlozF_hfgEdbKpRkXBgX31t2FTEKJhqWvbWuJCYwGYlI=w1082-h720-no

tNKlVABCWd2h4HYJM-mvp_S_UPl9kINW1Aw5GgmjwQpL0vAzYgbm1vKfAbLZCi5GajaeMZM4XwWbKtwb5fqwP22RhpURRBbcoQp-qkETLZgRtw_MQhbQWhJg78vis7vZ8kjrBZZX6JCBjsbW9CTPpMlfTqkPnU2ssDVNzn0qLaZgHgqHwPtty18FKNZEBIGECg72o-7pfcj5UnZe1E6y-GB5azvP23WijXphZrvsXnoNvrcdPrZE4FyHIc6idGLLCaE-z21Kp54dOMW0evjCxkWj5wlFIQUlNKC-KbhgkfRiOC3D6oUpjCJXUN5BHJiiywSfr9uLZx04NzWyPAvuvl8fKTE83AdgHO_oBUBIZmYg5fl69tLQRLl2NKF2jgC7P0PH1SjXzbgpfKG9XaKd4VMLCR2yEs0bcVbDKtQLDOpfH3UMG-BQBl0lKOmTGG6-1WhWXDPzNCBnXWquWzUT58nUkQpSCB8VHmUVQ1cWFjZpClf6CdMYFSszIfaaX1YX7rtvrqTb2kZggG6OsuYOY0gxWoAfeySoEED-SjGIoXohOdbCW3WkF6oNSbN7etcBJ--aiDhAeCA_DLf-CXF3jqjC5uTFFqq9KAnrvkN84r4sAHcKM2InE81d2R-aEjKQDQ1gVYojfYrbCpPS-DG5Enr6W_vSbBs=w994-h663-no

As we were heading into Disney’s Hollywood Studios we spotted the largest lift up in the air as it reached a Disney Skyliner gondola cabin.

This is new info as of today. They haven't shown anything yet about support over water. I can't wait to see that.
It looks like their large lift over land is large enough for wheelchairs, mobility scooter, and strollers.

Last edited:
why use google when the main skyliner thread had your anser in the first post

• 3 busloads = roughly 180 people
  • The Gondola system will take that in about 5 minutes
  • A full bus is about 60-70 people
  • Capacity is rumored to be roughly 4000-5000 people per hour each way
  • That's the equivalent of 40 buses worth to Epcot each hour, and 40 buses worth to DHS
  • Testing shows a gondola leaving the station every 10 seconds
  • Over 300 gondola cabins will be in this system
in all, it will be faster to use the gondola

Thank you, gap2368.

All I can say is...boy...am I getting old or what? I'm sorry, I didn't even remember that I posted that.

So if a gondola leaves every 10 seconds, that means possibly 120 gondolas leaving Pop Century in 20-minutes.

If they average 4-guests per gondola that means about 480-guests in about 20-minutes.

Or if they average 6-guests per gondola that means about 720-guests in about 20-minutes.

Or if they average 8-guests per gondola that means about 960-guests in about 20-minutes.

If a full bus is about 60-70 guests or 2-buses is about 120-140 guests every 20-minutes, then I think that Walt Disney World made a good decision to add the Skyliner Gondola System as an added transportation to ease road traffic.

I still don't know, unless I forgot if the Pop Century gondola can continue to DHS from the Caribbean Beach gondola station without getting off the gondola and getting on another gondola to continue on to DHS.

Last edited:

Thank you, gap2368.

All I can say is...boy...am I getting old or what? I'm sorry, I didn't even remember that I posted that.

So if a gondola leaves every 10 seconds, that means possibly 120 gondolas leaving Pop Century in 20-minutes.

If they average 4-guests per gondola that means about 480-guests in about 20-minutes.

Or if they average 6-guests per gondola that means about 720-guests in about 20-minutes.

Or if they average 8-guests per gondola that means about 960-guests in about 20-minutes.

If a full bus is about 60-70 people or 2-buses in about 20-minutes is 120-140 guests every 20-minutes, then I think that Walt Disney World made a good decision to add the Skyliner Gondola System as an added transportation to ease road traffic.

I still don't know, unless I forgot if the Pop Century gondola can continue to DHS from the Caribbean Beach gondola station without getting off the gondola and getting on another gondola to continue on to DHS.
You have to get off the gondola at the other resort and then get back on

When loading of the cabin on the secondary loop is complete, it would advance 90 degrees and pause just short of the main loop, waiting for an opening to enter the main loop. It will move thru the main boarding area with its doors closed. At the same time, another cabin would take its place to be ready for the next wheelchair to load.
This means there may be longer waits for handicap riders as even when loaded and ready to go the gondola must wait for an open spot on the cable. They can't just sneak one of these things in wherever they like.

I'm dubious of this number. A few observations I have seen put the number at 20 seconds or more between gondolas.

Thank you, gap2368.

If a full bus is about 60-70 guests or 2-buses is about 120-140 guests every 20-minutes, then I think that Walt Disney World made a good decision to add the Skyliner Gondola System as an added transportation to ease road traffic.

120 actually seems low for a modern system to me, I would peg it at about 500 per hour, so about 166 every 20 minutes, which bumps it up to 664 guests every 20 minutes.

Either way, the gondola system makes sense and something that no one really mentions, is even if it takes the same amount of time, people are constantly moving in line rather than standing there waiting for the next bus and this should reduce tempers.

What doesn't make sense is Disney not having bought the AC package (which is available for this system) for dealing with Florida heat. As one YouTube video stated, I am sure the temperature will be fine/acceptable; however, this is Disney, the goal should never be fine/acceptable, it should be going deluxe and making the ride as comfortable as possible.

This means there may be longer waits for handicap riders as even when loaded and ready to go the gondola must wait for an open spot on the cable. They can't just sneak one of these things in wherever they like.

I'm dubious of this number. A few observations I have seen put the number at 20 seconds or more between gondolas.
Actually, I was thinking his number was a little low, modern gondola systems don't have much time between gondolas at all now.

As for sneaking one in, yes it will take a short amount of time, but not that long. Basically what will happen is the Gondola coming into the station will be held for a short amount of time while the ADA one is added in. In fact you might find that the next Gondola coming in gets pulled off to be the next ADA Gondola while the ADA Gondola that was just loaded takes its place. Sounds complicated when written out, but it isn't, basically it is just trading Gondola for Gondola, Space Mountain at Disneyland uses a similar approach for their ADA vehicle to be pulled off to the side.

I'm going to be at Disney's Pop Century Resort next week.

If I could find someone at Disney during my stay that is knowledgeable about the Disney Skyliner Gondola system, what would you like me to ask that person?

It's not a matter of waiting for a hole; a cabin is pulled into the 2nd loop to make room for the loaded cabin.

The issue is ensuring that there is enough time to unload a cabin and advance it before the next cabin with a chair arrives. So they have to space out cabins that will be coming into the loop, which means there is some minimum time between dispatches of cabins with chairs. There's just no way around that.

What they might do is have a specific number, for example every 9th cabin, come into the loop whether it's needed for a chair or not. If there are no chairs in the queue, the cabin could leave the loop with its doors open and be available for boarding in the main boarding area. But a cabin would always be available at some predetermined interval.

It's not a matter of waiting for a hole; a cabin is pulled into the 2nd loop to make room for the loaded cabin.

The issue is ensuring that there is enough time to unload a cabin and advance it before the next cabin with a chair arrives. So they have to space out cabins that will be coming into the loop, which means there is some minimum time between dispatches of cabins with chairs. There's just no way around that.

What they might do is have a specific number, for example every 9th cabin, come into the loop whether it's needed for a chair or not. If there are no chairs in the queue, the cabin could leave the loop with its doors open and be available for boarding in the main boarding area. But a cabin would always be available at some predetermined interval.
It depends on how the system is designed, I have seen systems where they litterally pull a cabin off and out the loaded one in its place, no need to space anything out further than normal.

I guess for newbies, there might always be some issues entering a smaller space.i
Well, I must admit I sometimes have trouble too when I am really tired after a long day or I am so excited that I forget to pay attention when exiting the bus ramp.

And the Disney Skyliner Gondola open doors are about the same width of the ramp. The A.D.A. usually requires the width of 32-inch ramps, I believe. Someone could correct me if I am mistaken.

On the bus and monorail, mobility scooter drivers had to learn to drive straight up the ramp instead of turning into the raised side lip of the ramp. This seemed to happen more when exiting and when maybe the excitement of arriving at a park they took their eyes off of driving down the ramp and turned in the lip of the ramp and possible over the ramp.

I think that if you allow yourself time to drive straight through into the gondola opened doors, instead of turning into the opened gondola doors you will be fine.

Think of it like driving your mobility scooter into your resort room straight instead of turning into the resort room door.

I know some sidewalks in front of some of the resorts are not that wide and you have to turn to get in, but you could keep your mobility scooter as far as you could on the sidewalk away from the front door so that by the time you start to enter the doorway, your mobility scooter should be fairly straight.

I don't know if you have had to drive backward off of the monorail before, but just put your speed mode in slow and exit slowly or someone could stand in front of you and put their hands on your tiller and walk the mobility scooter back and off the monorail or gondola.

*If* I ever ride the gondolas, I will most likely dismount from my personal mobility device, walk in, and then have my daughter push it in backwards. Then I can sit down on it, and ride it straight out the door at our destination.

Based on the pictures we have seen, I think a lot of people will be better served by backing in when loading; to me it seems like it would feel safer - you wouldn't have to worry about anything except going backwards in a straight line at a slow speed; not unlike "bumper bowling", you can't really go too far astray. The hardest part would most likely be lining up the device to back in, and there should be at least a CM to help with that.

Backing out at the end of the ride just feels more stressful to me - you are backing onto a platform where you may have very little space (realistically, there may be another group waiting to board that constrains your space) and people can be moving behind you while you are backing up. I'm an experienced "daily driver" and until we see how it's all set up and works (not in theory, not based on any other installation in the world but the one at WDW) I'm going to advocate for backing in from the start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter