Walt Disney World Speedway

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Who can remember when the Walt Disney World Speedway opened to the public in 1996 with it's first ever race the Indy 200? I always thought that it was awesome that Walt Disney World Speedway was built and it was so cool that they added a race track to Walt Disney World and as a racing fan I had always wanted to visit it during my Walt Disney World trip in 1997? Does the Walt Disney World Speedway still exist or did it close? Because you don't hear about it anymore

It didn’t really work out as a full time professional track. There were some sanctioned races. I could hear and see some cars or trucks practicing as I went by once in while.

Towards its later years I remember it mainly as the Richard Petty Driving Experience and as a practice track for the Daytona races.

The stands were never permanent. It’s now TTC parking. I never understood why it was there to begin with.

It didn’t really work out as a full time professional track. There were some sanctioned races. I could hear and see some cars or trucks practicing as I went by once in while.

Towards its later years I remember it mainly as the Richard Petty Driving Experience and as a practice track for the Daytona races.

The stands were never permanent. It’s now TTC parking. I never understood why it was there to begin with.
I believe the trucks you saw practicing at the Walt Disney World Speedway were part of the NASCAR SuperTruck Series that used to feature NASCAR pickup truck races and I believe the old TNN network used to show that Walt Disney World Speedway race all the time in reruns

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter