Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Never mind, I called & added insurance for only $19. Worth it.

It was on the checkout page for me. $28... Don't usually do that, but things going on that may cause issue.
Also do Southwest since have free rebooking/changes.

Just wondering, wouldn't it be less stressful to book just one night, to be sure you get the correct hotel and when you have it nailed down--book the balance of your trip? Not sure how all of those sites work, just curious for future reference. :headache:

Hotwire says can add days before OR after, but not both, subject to availability.
It will generate a second reservation.
So guess that would be a strategy, as long as hotel doesn't make you move, or if that doesn't bother you

Then I personally can't imagine booking this unless it was last minute. There are so many factors that can change travel plans (factors that are not covered by insurance).

Yes, but for the amount of savings I risked it this time (will pay for airfare and probably 1/2 food cost for week)... Only my 2nd ever Hotwire reservation. Usually I only book the most changeable options. . But looking back at last few trips, usually stuck to days I book when decided.
Insurance covers the situations I wouldn't be able to go.

For Hotwire Hot Rate Hotel Reservations:
  1. All bookings are final and cannot be changed, refunded, exchanged, cancelled, or transferred to another party;
  2. The name and exact address of the hotel are not shown until after payment has been made for the booking;
  3. Once you book, your credit card will be charged for the amount shown even if you do not use the booking.
  4. Room type will be determined by the hotel based on the number of guests provided at time of booking. All reservations are booked for stays in non-smoking rooms (subject to availability).
  5. Hotel room assignments are determined at check-in and upgrades are not available;
  6. The maximum number of rooms that can be booked at one time is six. All hotel rooms will be booked under the same name and the guest under whose name the reservation is made must be present at check-in;
  7. Bookings made through Hotwire are not eligible for hotel reward or club programs;
  8. Hotwire's minimum age requirement for checking into a hotel is 18;
  9. Upon check-in, guests must present a valid ID and credit card in their name (the amount of available credit required will vary by hotel). Debit cards may not be accepted; and,
  10. Hotwire rates do not include special fees charged by hotels upon check-out (e.g., energy charges, convention fees, resort fees, parking fees). Customers will be required to pay these fees directly to the hotels at check-out time.
Dave

IDK about Hotwire specifically, but I’ve booked directly with the resort and received a confirmation number. I then had to call back to get it “converted” into a number that MDE would recognize, but once I did, it was generally easy to use for everyone to use for their MDE app.

Where is the link to this? I went back pages and pages and then looked on hotwire site. I'm so lost lol
No simple link to Hotwire for these great prices. First you need to go to the Hotwire web site, choose the Hotels option:
  1. Search for Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista with your dates (example below for Sept. 2018).
  2. Narrow your search by clicking on the map on the right side to focus on Bonnet Creek area (blob on the left of red location pin)
  3. The Hotel match currently needs to have 5051 TripAdvisor reviews as reported earlier in the thread and shown in the image below.
Hotwire capture.jpg

Note: An addition Resort fee of $32 is required in addition to Hotwire pricing

Dave

Last edited:
Never mind, I called & added insurance for only $19. Worth it.

Hotwire checkout page is a bit funky and depends on what browser you are using.
If you are using Chrome, you will be able to see the Trip Cancellation protection offer at checkout page, (where you put your info and credit card, before you click the final "book now" button).
If you are using Edge or Safari, you will not be able to see the Trip Cancellation protection offer at checkout page.

I have not tried the App.

No simple link to Hotwire for these great prices. First you need to go to the Hotwire web site, choose the Hotels option:
  1. Search for Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista with your dates (example below for Sept. 2018).
  2. Narrow your search by clicking on the map on the right side to focus on Bonnet Creek area (blob on the left of red location pin)
  3. The Hotel match currently needs to have 5051 TripAdvisor reviews as reported earlier in the thread and shown in the image below.
View attachment 315594

Note: An addition Resort fee of $32 is required in addition to Hotwire pricing

Dave

And remember, that while we are getting the Dolphin reservations and 97% sure that is it.. There is the chance Hotwire will give you something else. The Dolphin is not always available on there. Saw a few people from other times who thought were getting Dolphin, but got another hotel.

Wow! To whoever posted this deal originally, thank you! I just got the Dolphin (guaranteed king bed) for $78 per night over Labor Day weekend! My son lives in Orlando and works at the Boathouse - his birthday is 9/2, so this is perfect. We are DVC members and just moved to Florida, but we regularly use the Dolphin when not using points. We are trying out the Swan this weekend for $174 a night and I thought THAT was a great price!

No... Been 5 days and MDE still won't take the hotel reservation # Hotwire gave. Looks like will have to call.

If the reservation number under reservation details, in the middle of your confirmation email isn't working(not the hotwire booking confirmation at the top of the email) The easiest way to get a confirmation number that will work is to call disney dining and ask them to give you your resort confirmation number.

The disney resort reservation line won't be able to see it because it's through a third party booking site.

I'm speaking from experience! lol

This hotwire rate is very intriguing. If I'm calculating right. Initially, this is beating Costco by about 600 bucks for the dates I'm eyeing - hotel + 5 day hoppers. The Costco deal includes a "complimentary upgraded room" which as far as I could tell was a balcony/courtyard view. We didn't really use the balcony at all - nice to have, but, I'd rather just be as close to the pool as possible, tbh.

If I found the right one, the Hotwire listing shows the bed options are king or two fulls? (Which should be incorrect - 2 doubles, right?)

And the comparison was using rack rate tickets straight from the dis.

If I found the right one, the Hotwire listing shows the bed options are king or two fulls? (Which should be incorrect - 2 doubles, right?)
Correct, Hotwire does not show "Double" beds but that is what the Dolphin has along with a King bed option. Just make sure that you match the key items: Tripadvisor reviews of 5051, this hotel charges guests a resort fee of USD32.00 per room per night.

Note: there is another Hotel in the Bonnet creek area that charges the $32 Service but it does not have 5051 Tripadvisor reviews!

Dave

Last edited:
I wonder if these Hotwire rooms are the weird ones with odd angles - next to the dumpsters or something - lol. Those are some really decent prices.

Yes, double and full beds are the same size. The full bed choice is another clue that this is the Dolphin; not many rooms (if any) in this category have a choice of full beds. And of course, the previously mentioned 5051 Tripadvisor reviews seem definitely to point to the Dolphin!

The 5051 reviews is not the only way it will show up. I looked at the deal on my work computer which uses internet explorer, and it did show the 5051 reviews. When I got home and logged into the site with Firefox on my home computer, I saw the exact same deal with 2000+ reviews. Worried, I looked it up in Chrome. In Chrome, again, exact same details, but only 87 reviews! So I pulled up Microsoft Edge, and it was only there that the 5051 reviews came up. All the other details on the offer was identical in all three browsers except the number of reviews. I booked in the Firefox browser, confident it was the same deal, and it was.

All three browsers showed a 85% recommend, the $32 service fee.

Last edited:
The 5051 reviews is not the only way it will show up. I looked at the deal on my work computer which uses internet explorer, and it did show the 5051 reviews. When I got home and logged into the site with Firefox on my home computer, I saw the exact same deal with 2000+ reviews. Worried, I looked it up in Chrome. In Chrome, again, exact same details, but only 87 reviews! So I pulled up Microsoft Edge, and it was only there that the 5051 reviews came up. All the other details on the offer was identical in all three browsers except the number of reviews. I booked in the Firefox browser, confident it was the same deal, and it was.
Yes, this is true. My cell phone only shows 2000+ reviews but my Chromebook and my work computer using Chrome shows 5051. These are only clues to which hotel is could be; we all ran a risk booking believing it was the Dolphin. For me, anyway, $68 per night plus resort fee was worth the risk even if I ended up with another Bonnet Creek hotel. Certainly no guarantees with Hotwire or Priceline. And if I do get the worst room in the house, I will be grateful that I have the luxury of staying near the Boardwalk, walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and will enjoy all the amazing amenities at this hotel! As locals, we frequently take a few days here and there to go to Disney but usually stay at a Value. The cost of this trip, even with parking, will be cheaper than a value! We are so excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter