Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Dolphin Stay Review

June 26-July 7

First I want to thank everyone for all their help in planning our trip through Costco etc.

For the most part, we had a magical trip with a great room.

We arrived on 6/26/2018 and there was a service-pro convention checking in so check in was a little chaotic and then a fire alarm went off right as we were at the desk to get our keys and we had to evacuate. After 20-minutes we were let back in, and in line where we were when it happened.

I had tried to specify very specific room requests based on things I’ve read here and in a touring book but those rooms didn’t accommodate 5 people.

So Ryan at the front desk was a gem and asked what we were looking for in a room. I told him away from an elevator with a fun view for the kids (17,14,6). After 10-minutes of looking, he told me he found something great and upgraded us to a large end corner room on the 6th floor #6199.

The room was spacious at the end of a hallway and around the corner to the left. One of only two rooms there.

The room had two banks of large windows separated by a small wall. Two double beds and a rollaway and our rented stroller in the long “entry”. Our room overlooked the swan boats and the “beach” area. The bathroom was large and spacious.

Beds were DOUBLES. For some reason I assumed they were queens, and that’s on ME. When I was booking the trip I should’ve looked closer.

The two girls (14&6) shared a double bed, and that was a bit of an issue with the small bed. The 17 year old on the comfortable roll away bed and hubby and I in the other Double. While the beds were comfortable, they were SMALL. Neither of us slept super well, but like I said, that was my fault.

Housekeeping skipped our room 3x in our 11 night stay which was a bit disappointing since we had to call down for Tp, towels etc after long park days.

They give you one free bottle of water per person per day. In the parks those cost $3 each so that was good.

The pool was beautiful with a grotto and two other pools.

The hotel was a short walk to Epcot and the boats were running as of 6/30/18

The boardwalk was a nice short walk for added food options.

We were able to see some nightly Epcot fireworks from our room.

The picabu still offers 20% AAA discount. The other places did not honor it.

The shuttles were very easy to use but were full picking up to the parks since we were the last stop and a few times we had to wait for another shuttle.

It rained daily. We found in taking the shuttles back to the hotel that they keep them nice and cool. However after the rain and possibly being chilly the back row of seats sit against something on the bus thats warm and it was nice to be warm on the ride back.

Overall the Dolphin was a great hotel and we would stay there again.

I hope this helps someone!!!

Let me know if you have any questions!

The picabu still offers 20% AAA discount. The other places did not honor it.

The shuttles were very easy to use but were full picking up to the parks since we were the last stop and a few times we had to wait for another shuttle.

These 2 things are a bit concerning... What places did not accept the AAA discount ? Know I am planning on using it.

Everyone always talks about the Swan/Dolphin buses being less crowded than the normal Disney resort buses.

These 2 things are a bit concerning... What places did not accept the AAA discount ? Know I am planning on using it.

Everyone always talks about the Swan/Dolphin buses being less crowded than the normal Disney resort buses.

The fountain did not honor the AAA discount. Also Fuel. We didn’t try at the other places, we took uber out to dinner and did uber eats twice.

The busses were usually more crowded going to the parks, we didn’t have a problem coming back.

The fountain did not honor the AAA discount. Also Fuel. We didn’t try at the other places, we took uber out to dinner and did uber eats twice.

The busses were usually more crowded going to the parks, we didn’t have a problem coming back.
That's concerning about the AAA discount. When I emailed the resort about the AAA discount a few months ago I was told the discount is good at Fountain, Picabu, Fresh Mediterran Market, and Garden Grove. Has this list changed recently?

Keep your email about the discount. Ask at the front desk when you get there as well. I'd ask at BOTH front desk actually, and make note of their name tags. Lots of stories about misinformation. Maybe employee turnover, whatever. Have your ducks in a row.

Come to think of it. I'd ask the desk for a printout of the info about the discount.

That's concerning about the AAA discount. When I emailed the resort about the AAA discount a few months ago I was told the discount is good at Fountain, Picabu, Fresh Mediterran Market, and Garden Grove. Has this list changed recently?
Clarification about the AAA discount. Hubby said we tried to use the “kids eat free” at the fountain, not the AAA. Because we didn’t know they accepted it. Sorry for the confusion.

Clarification about the AAA discount. Hubby said we tried to use the “kids eat free” at the fountain, not the AAA. Because we didn’t know they accepted it. Sorry for the confusion.
You MUST have the AAA card with you. They punch the number in. It worked at Picabu without glitches.

Used the AAA discount at Fountain a few days ago, without any issues.

On a different note, I was disappointed late this morning when there were no grab ‘n go sandwiches available at Picabu.

We are staying on points for a week here in a couple of weeks. I've claimed this offer on my account and with our stay we have $220 in resort fees that I assume would count towards this $300, any recommendations on $80 in purchases that we could make to get us to the $300 mark?
The possibilities are endless. Dinner at one of the restaurants...drinks/lunch by the pool...picabu.... any of this can be charged to your room. :)

The fountain did not honor the AAA discount. Also Fuel.

We were able to use the discount at Fuel in May.

Used the AAA discount at Fountain a few days ago, without any issues.

On a different note, I was disappointed late this morning when there were no grab ‘n go sandwiches available at Picabu.

On our trip in May my DD was able to get grab and go egg sandwich from Fuel, but I don't remember seeing any at Picabu.

Hey Jen cook (or anyone that might know)

Was the "kids eat free" promotion a costco travel extra, or is it just included with a hotel stay for all guests? The reason I ask is because I don't see it listed with the newest costco "benefit," but I have seen it (and used it) before with a costco pkg.

On our trip in May my DD was able to get grab and go egg sandwich from Fuel, but I don't remember seeing any at Picabu.

A couple of evenings prior, I saw a very nice selection of sandwiches set out in the Grab 'n Go section, early in the line.

Last edited:
Just posting so I can "watch" this thread (don't know another way to do it - sorry.)

At the top of each thread, on the right-hand side, you should see a "watch thread". Click on that and it should give you the option to get email notifications whenever there's a new post or no email notifications. If and when you no longer want to follow a thread, click on "unwatch thread".

On our check out day, we have until 1:00 to be in a park. We want to make the most of that. From Dolphin - would you choose Epcot or HS for ease of getting to/from Dolphin so we don't stress about transportation? This will help plan our other park days. HS will have morning EMH. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter