Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I contacted the concierge via the online form 6 days ago, but have not heard anything. Would you suggest I try again, as we're staying there next week! :cool2:

That’s very unusual, that you haven’t heard back. Definitely contact them again. I hope the transition to Marriott that’s occurring next week (8/1) isn’t the cause, but I think not.

I read back pretty far but haven't seen this covered and could use some help! I know you can use the concierge form to make room requests...I'll be staying at the Swan for the first time and have no idea what to request--I don't even know what options there are (like how at Disney resorts you can say close to bus or lobby, quiet area, etc). Thoughts for first-timer with kids? Thx!!

I read back pretty far but haven't seen this covered and could use some help! I know you can use the concierge form to make room requests...I'll be staying at the Swan for the first time and have no idea what to request--I don't even know what options there are (like how at Disney resorts you can say close to bus or lobby, quiet area, etc). Thoughts for first-timer with kids? Thx!!

What is your family’s vacation style? Do you want to be close to the lobby? Near the elevators? Far from the elevators? Low floor? High floor? Room without a connecting door (usually quieter)?

The form allows you to state exactly what you hope for so fill It out; give them a little info about your family and your vacation styje and they will do their best to put you in the ideal room/area. :thumbsup2

Okay thanks! I wasn’t sure how spread out the swan is in relation to some of the Disney resorts where prioritizing being near the pool or bus makes a big difference!

What is your family’s vacation style? Do you want to be close to the lobby? Near the elevators? Far from the elevators? Low floor? High floor? Room without a connecting door (usually quieter)?

The form allows you to state exactly what you hope for so fill It out; give them a little info about your family and your vacation styje and they will do their best to put you in the ideal room/area. :thumbsup2

You can definitely do this at the hotel (my mom did), but I would suggest waiting until after you enter the park, just to be safe and ensure that you are getting them to bridge the price from the current ticket price for 5 day ticket. The only downside to this is you don't get to get advanced FPs for those extra two days.

TOTALLY forgot about bridging - thanks so much for the pointer!

Okay thanks! I wasn’t sure how spread out the swan is in relation to some of the Disney resorts where prioritizing being near the pool or bus makes a big difference!
The Swan makes little difference relative to pool or bus location. For others, who might stay at the Dolphin, for closer to pool, request west location.

Sent a PM :)

Thank you! I'm determined to finally take one of the swan paddleboats out on a complimentary spin - missed it last time! :boat:

I would love to know how to score a deal at the Swan on Priceline as well. Right now the best deal I'm finding is through a Costco package but if I could do better that would be great.

Just back from 6 nights at the Dolphin. And back at work unfortunately!

We had an "Alcove Room" at the Dolphin and it was FANTASTIC! I never got a good sense of what they actually were until we got there.

Two separate rooms across the hall from each other (at the very end of the hall). Not connecting in the traditional sense - it's actually BETTER than that! There is a door that closes off the hallway so you have privacy (key card opens all three doors) which in effect lets you use that fairly large space as well (my son and family used it for the strollers and still had room to move between rooms.)

We had two sets of these - on opposite ends. We had 8 people in total - we had originally planned on 9 but one had to back out.

The hallway was not terribly long (I wanted to count the rooms in between and forgot the do it.)

A morning ritual was the 4 and 2 year olds running down the hallway to say good morning to Grandma and Papa and their aunt.

One room was very large and had two double beds and a sleeper. I guess that's considered a suite of some sort. The other a bit larger than a normal room with a king and a sleeper as well.

We were on the 18th floor - in the triangle or pyramid. FAST elevator. And the views!! One side we could see MK in the distance and the fireworks. The other - Epcot (and Illuminations) and Hollywood Studios (Fantasmic twice nightly and the Star Wars fireworks). Obviously we only saw the fireworks - not anything else going on. But it was great. And we could see the Yacht / Beach resort and Boardwalk area as well as the water way. And of course quite a bit more in the distance.

Interesting that Disney finally is giving in and building "high rises" - Coronado hotel (15 stories) under construction - plainly in view.

The cost was about $450 for the combo (before tax and resort fee).

It was a great decision to book that - thanks to the S/D rep who suggested a pair of them for our party when I wanted to book 4 rooms at the Swan.

Welcome home, 52.

Sounds like a great trip!! Your explanation of your room setup is interesting. Never heard of that, but sure sounds nice,
Just back from 6 nights at the Dolphin. And back at work unfortunately!

We had an "Alcove Room" at the Dolphin and it was FANTASTIC! I never got a good sense of what they actually were until we got there.

Two separate rooms across the hall from each other (at the very end of the hall). Not connecting in the traditional sense - it's actually BETTER than that! There is a door that closes off the hallway so you have privacy (key card opens all three doors) which in effect lets you use that fairly large space as well (my son and family used it for the strollers and still had room to move between rooms.)

We had two sets of these - on opposite ends. We had 8 people in total - we had originally planned on 9 but one had to back out.

The hallway was not terribly long (I wanted to count the rooms in between and forgot the do it.)

A morning ritual was the 4 and 2 year olds running down the hallway to say good morning to Grandma and Papa and their aunt.

One room was very large and had two double beds and a sleeper. I guess that's considered a suite of some sort. The other a bit larger than a normal room with a king and a sleeper as well.

We were on the 18th floor - in the triangle or pyramid. FAST elevator. And the views!! One side we could see MK in the distance and the fireworks. The other - Epcot (and Illuminations) and Hollywood Studios (Fantasmic twice nightly and the Star Wars fireworks). Obviously we only saw the fireworks - not anything else going on. But it was great. And we could see the Yacht / Beach resort and Boardwalk area as well as the water way. And of course quite a bit more in the distance.

Interesting that Disney finally is giving in and building "high rises" - Coronado hotel (15 stories) under construction - plainly in view.

The cost was about $450 for the combo (before tax and resort fee).

It was a great decision to book that - thanks to the S/D rep who suggested a pair of them for our party when I wanted to book 4 rooms at the Swan.

Check this link for references on this thread. It may be of help. Hope the search link works.

https://disboards.com/search/123382320/?q=priceline&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=3264274

Again, welcome to the dis.

Thank you. Not seeing the Swan listed on PL or HW for my dates as of right now (10/30/18-11/4/18) so I guess I will just keep checking back frequently. Even if I do find it and can pretty much ascertain that it's the Swan, is there a way to guarantee 2 queen beds (w/ a balcony if possible)?

Thank you. Not seeing the Swan listed on PL or HW for my dates as of right now (10/30/18-11/4/18) so I guess I will just keep checking back frequently. Even if I do find it and can pretty much ascertain that it's the Swan, is there a way to guarantee 2 queen beds (w/ a balcony if possible)?
Hotwire will give you a “bed choice” if there’s an option. Meaning, if you’re at Swan and there are 3 if you, they’re giving you a standard room that has two queens. If there are two of you, you may be given the option to choose a king bed.
If you want a balcony, you’d have to call the hotel to upgrade I believe. I’ve booked on points and simply called and paid the $50 charge per night to get a balcony. I’d assume it would work the same way with Hotwire/Priceline rooms, but I’m not totally sure.

Probably won’t get a balcony and you may end up with one bed. They will give you what they have extras of tand if all they have extras of are king rooms that’s what you’re getting I have stayed there on Priceline in the past and I have had both two beds and a single bed. My upcoming stay, just to give you an example, the king bed is several dollars cheaper than the two beds and it’s probably because the king bed is not as popular at a Disney resort. To me that would mean you have a good shot of getting a king bed. I know people are telling you that Priceline is wonderful but there are some downsides and you need to be very much aware of them. Getting an upgrade to a balcony room is unlikely and there’s a high-risk you could get just one bed

There are no "Smoking" rooms at either resort. Both resorts are Smoke Free. You can't smoke in any guest rooms or even on a balcony. Well unless you want to pay the $250 cleaning fee.

Dave

Smoking is ONLY permitted WITHIN the several designated smoking areas. All are identified on the resort maps Smoking not permitted anywhere else. Balconies are definitely not a designated smoking area 20 feet from an entrance does not apply

I’ve been reading this thread in Anticipation of an upcoming visit.

On my last visit I was in my room and could see a couple happily smoking away on the balcony. At some point maintainence shows up to deal with something that is wrong with the sliding door. Couple smokes the entire time. Nothing appeared to be a problem. So I’m not sure how strict the hotels are

Yes, just look to see if there is an option. If it says "resort chooses bed" then you are gambling. For what it's worth, Swan and Dolphin are big convention resorts and I've had many more instances of not being able to get a king when I wanted one than not getting two beds. Your mileage may vary. We got Dolphin through Hotwire blind deals and I posted a very detailed "how to" in this thread, Hotwire changed some of the components of the blind deals but you should still be able to figure out if it's Swan/Dolphin based on the resort charge. Point being that I paid a couple bucks more per night to guarantee a king room for my reservation with my husband than my mom paid for her "hotel chooses bed type" reservation (she's okay with the double).

Yes, just look to see if there is an option. If it says "resort chooses bed" then you are gambling. For what it's worth, Swan and Dolphin are big convention resorts and I've had many more instances of not being able to get a king when I wanted one than not getting two beds. Your mileage may vary. We got Dolphin through Hotwire blind deals and I posted a very detailed "how to" in this thread, Hotwire changed some of the components of the blind deals but you should still be able to figure out if it's Swan/Dolphin based on the resort charge. Point being that I paid a couple bucks more per night to guarantee a king room for my reservation with my husband than my mom paid for her "hotel chooses bed type" reservation (she's okay with the double).

Thank you. Found your "how to" but it looks like they are only listing ranges for the number of reviews for the blind deals (2000+ etc). And I don't see anything that looks like the Swan at this point anyway.

For those trying to figure out when to book...I booked one month out and got a great deal on Swan through express deals but it's even cheaper 3 weeks out and other good deals popped up (Like Port Orleans). Trying not to be too disappointed! I don't suppose Priceline honors cheaper deals...?

I booked the Swan for upcoming trip (just 1 night post cruise for the Disney Halloween Party). There is 4 of us. Then I switched to the Dolphin because I read that the Dolphin as the vanity is separate than the bathroom (which I prefer). But now I just heard that it is actually the Swan that has this. Can anyone confirm one way or the other.

I booked the Swan for upcoming trip (just 1 night post cruise for the Disney Halloween Party). There is 4 of us. Then I switched to the Dolphin because I read that the Dolphin as the vanity is separate than the bathroom (which I prefer). But now I just heard that it is actually the Swan that has this. Can anyone confirm one way or the other.
We didn't have the typical Dolphin room (had an Alcove pair of rooms which I described in an earlier post on this page - 342, #6828) but both of those rooms had the vanity separate. But maybe they weer not typical rooms? They were both larger - both had sofa sleepers in them.

I believe all rooms at the Swan have one sink/vanity in the bathroom, as well as one outside. The Dolphin rooms, on the other hand, mostly have the sink/vanity only in the bathroom, though there are a few which have the sink/vanity area both inside the bathroom, as well as outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter