Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone stayed recently? Do they have individual bottles of shampoo/conditioner (and is it that nice orange-ginger Marriott product) or do they have those horrible wall dispensers?

(I just want to know how much of my own toiletries I need to pack for our January trip...)

Also, what are the platinum elite benefits in the COVID-age?

Just leaving today and I confirm they have individual bottles. :)

We are leaving our first stay at the Swan after spending the last 30 years of my life staying in Disney Hotels. I really liked it and it was well worth the Priceline express deal I was able to get. The best part was all the money we still have in our pocket!

We are staying at the Dolphin King Balcony Resort View Room in March. Anyone with specific room request suggestions? We would love a view of SpaceShip Earth. Is that possible? Thanks.

Has anyone stayed recently? Do they have individual bottles of shampoo/conditioner (and is it that nice orange-ginger Marriott product) or do they have those horrible wall dispensers?

(I just want to know how much of my own toiletries I need to pack for our January trip...)

Also, what are the platinum elite benefits in the COVID-age?

There were individual bottles and I used the app to request replacements. It was very easy and the staff was quick in their response last week.

We are home after a 6 night stay at the Swan, balcony resort view. It was a great trip, but beware that the Mear’s bus now takes you to the TTC and that was a HUGE disappointment. We had the reservation before they switched but could not get a better deal onsite. Our experience was that it really does seem to eat away at time—especially if you are a family that likes to rope drop.

The Swan staff were great from valet, housekeeping, and front desk. The hotel is in a fantastic location, especially for EP and HS. We would certainly consider it again but would probably do a split stay for MK park days.

We are home after a 6 night stay at the Swan, balcony resort view. It was a great trip, but beware that the Mear’s bus now takes you to the TTC and that was a HUGE disappointment. We had the reservation before they switched but could not get a better deal onsite. Our experience was that it really does seem to eat away at time—especially if you are a family that likes to rope drop.

The Swan staff were great from valet, housekeeping, and front desk. The hotel is in a fantastic location, especially for EP and HS. We would certainly consider it again but would probably do a split stay for MK park days.

Did you consider walking over and taking the bus from the Yacht club stop, or is that not allowed?

Did you consider walking over and taking the bus from the Yacht club stop, or is that not allowed?

We did consider it but honestly were not sure if it was “allowed” and we are rule followers 🤣

I was a little worried about them asking for my magic band and scanning it to see I was at the Swan.

We did consider it but honestly were not sure if it was “allowed” and we are rule followers 🤣

I was a little worried about them asking for my magic band and scanning it to see I was at the Swan.

Not sure how it would be against the rules since your allowed to use any of Disney's Transportation but I understand why it would be debated. Personally I prefer to drive to MK and AK and walk to HS and Epcot. I stay as far away from the buses as I can

New Annual Passholder Discount (Up to 30% off selling rates) about to launch - Rate Code QWH

I'm one of the passholders that cancelled but still haven't got my refund. Does anyone know if Swan just looks at your gold card or if they verify it's still valid electronically?

Because the qwh code saves me about $100 compared to the best rate i can find elsewhere.

They don't scan bands to get on buses. Note some people come from other resorts to have meals there and then bus it back to the resorts, so you won't have any issues. However, since the COVID social distancing on buses, the buses from YC and Boardwalk in the mornings to MK can be long and you may have to wait for a bit. This said, if you want to make rope drop at MK, take a Lyft or Uber to the Contemporary and walk to MK. Sometimes the guard at the gate will ask if you have a dining reservation or QS order. I make a QS order and then cancel once I get dropped off. When I was there 2 weeks ago, both times I went to MK and got dropped off at Contemporary, the guard just waved the driver through...but better safe than sorry with QS order to show.

As for AK, I had no issues making rope from from Swan on Mears bus.

Last edited:
I'm one of the passholders that cancelled but still haven't got my refund. Does anyone know if Swan just looks at your gold card or if they verify it's still valid electronically?

Because the qwh code saves me about $100 compared to the best rate i can find elsewhere.
When I was there 2 weeks ago, the woman at front desk checking me in just glanced at my AP card. They don't scan your AP card so I don't think they would not have any way of knowing you cancelled your AP.

Any clue when Christmas 2021 week will open up?
Marriott's website is currently allowing reservations through 12/18/21, so it looks to be about a week or so before you can book through 12/25/21, and obviously a few days longer if you are staying past the 25th.

However, if you're a Costco member, you can book it right now through Costco Travel.

Edit: I looked at booking via the WDW website, and it appears that you can also book packages through Disney Travel right now as well.

Last edited:
My son and I stayed at the Swan Dec. 8-15. After reading here that the buses aren’t the usual Disney buses to the parks, we followed the recommendation to walk to the Yacht Club (or the Boardwalk) to take the bus to the theme parks and Disney Springs.

A friend of mine is staying at the Swan right now, and I suggested that she take the Yacht Club or Boardwalk bus to a theme park. However, she said signs appeared at the resort bus stops today - saying the Disney buses were for guests only.

A friend of mine is staying at the Swan right now, and I suggested that she take the Yacht Club or Boardwalk bus to a theme park. However, she said signs appeared at the resort bus stops today - saying the Disney buses were for guests only.

IIRC, that should mean guests of any Disney resort, not the particular one? Or is this a new policy? That is interesting, but to me I’d read it as discouraging folks who were not staying at a Disney resort at all.

I know in some groups the “hack” is to park at swan/dolphin to walk to Epcot or HS, so maybe they mean that? You have to have a reservation somewhere, not just stay in an offsite hotel and park to make it easier?

I just looked up on the S/D website, parking fees are up $2, now $29 self parking, $39 valet.

S/D parking fees

5. Is there a fee for parking at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin?
Yes. The nightly fees for parking are listed below and subject to change.

Self Parking FeesValet Parking
Non-Registered Guest*$29.00 for each exit$39.00 for each exit
Registered Guest **$29.00 + tax per day$39.00 + tax per day
*A non-registered guest is a guest who is visiting the hotel to use the facilities and services, but is not staying over night.
**A registered guest has a room reservation to spend one or more nights at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter