Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Our upcoming stay at Swan Reserve was booked through Disney with 4 day base tickets as part of the package. When I went to set up our park reservations Guest Services had to put park ticket "placeholders" in my account and said the physical tickets will be handed to me at check-in which then I will link to My Disney Experience so we can use our magic bands. Is that information from the cast member accurate? We will be handed physical park tickets?
Yes that is correct. There should be a note on your reservation that there is an envelope waiting for you at check-in, the tickets will be in that envelope.

If by chance something goes wrong like it did for us about a week ago and you are not given your tickets at check-in, Guest services at the park should be able to help you out. I posted about my experience a few days ago in this thread. Hopefully you won’t run into any problems though, I think my experience was unique.

Have a great trip!

Yes that is correct. There should be a note on your reservation that there is an envelope waiting for you at check-in, the tickets will be in that envelope.

If by chance something goes wrong like it did for us about a week ago and you are not given your tickets at check-in, Guest services at the park should be able to help you out. I posted about my experience a few days ago in this thread. Hopefully you won’t run into any problems though, I think my experience was unique.

Have a great trip!
Ok thanks, I just read your previous post. Now I know to say, check the bin!! So the cards in the envelope are ready to be linked to MDE or will also need a visit to guest services? We have dinner at Disney Springs on night one and could stop at guest services there or take a visit over to the international gateway.

Last edited:
I am in the middle of a combination of point stays at both Swan and Reserve sandwiching a few nights of a ticket/hotel package booked via Costco. Had zero issues with anything dropping from MDE. Our rooms have been nice and clean. Staff is friendly. Requests were prompt. I'll tell you... this laundry room situation sucks though.

There is one. For the entire complex. People aren't exactly keeping an eye on the time and are leaving their stuff in there.

When i was there - people were HOLDING dryers. I didn't know it was a thing. Two women actually stood in front of empty dryers and said they're waiting for their wash to finish "in just a few minutes" and so those empty dryers aren't available. Meanwhile my whole wash (completely done ) had to wait for another dryer to free up. It was really time consuming and made worse by people who hogged.

When i was there - people were HOLDING dryers. I didn't know it was a thing. Two women actually stood in front of empty dryers and said they're waiting for their wash to finish "in just a few minutes" and so those empty dryers aren't available. Meanwhile my whole wash (completely done ) had to wait for another dryer to free up. It was really time consuming and made worse by people who hogged.
Wow, yea... That would make me a tad angry. Not looking forward to that.

Could you use one in a pinch at a different resort next door? Y&B or BW? Inconvenient, but if you absolutely need to do laundry.... maybe?

Ok thanks, I just read your previous post. Now I know to say, check the bin!! So the cards in the envelope are ready to be linked to MDE or will also need a visit to guest services? We have dinner at Disney Springs on night one and could stop at guest services there or take a visit over to the international gateway.
Correct, if they don't hand you tickets, insist they check the bin. :) No need to visit Guest Services. You will need to manually link the physical tickets to your MDE account if you'd like to use your MagicBands and/or use Genie+ or Virtual Queue. That's a simple process though. Guest Services is only needed if you have trouble linking for some reason. You could also visit the Disney Planning Services at the Swan or Dolphin if you have trouble linking, the desk at the Dolphin is open earlier and the desk at the Swan is open later. I'm not sure if the Swan Reserve has a Disney Planning Services desk.

@jlundeen IMHO that would be crossing the "is this right" line. The buses are open to all, but using facilities like laundry and pools is not. If anyone is standing in front of a drying I'd ask them to move then I'd call the Front Desk or Security. Before I'd consider using another resort I'd pay to have my clothes washed or uber/lyft to a nearby laundromat.

@jlundeen IMHO that would be crossing the "is this right" line. The buses are open to all, but using facilities like laundry and pools is not. If anyone is standing in front of a drying I'd ask them to move then I'd call the Front Desk or Security. Before I'd consider using another resort I'd pay to have my clothes washed or uber/lyft to a nearby laundromat.
Sorry, didn't mean to suggest something that is considered crossing the line. I usually don't do laundry when I'm there, (yes I overpack!) so I haven't been in one of the laundry rooms in probably 10 years.... but then, I don't travel with little kids, so....

But it seems pretty limiting if there is only one laundry for all three Swolphin resorts....

@jlundeen I agree I was surprised they didn't add one to the Reserve when it was built. If it's an issue I'd be sure to complain to management at S/D. Like you we tend to over back, but with our Motor home we've had to stop and do laundry (thanks two our 2 dogs being ill) and the spot we used was adamant that clothes be out of the dryers within 3 minutes, else they would remove them and put in a basket. That's why I suggest calling the Front Desk or whoever if somebody is trying to "reserve" a dryer. They are all first come first serve.

Wow, people are just downright rude. I have not done laundry at Swolphin but I have done it at other WDW resorts and have never had any issues, especially like people holding washers/dryers.

This reminds me of when our boys were little (ages 2 and 4) and it rained every day of our camping trip. By day 7 everything we owned was soaked. I went to throw a few clean wet towels into a dryer and an older woman freaked out on me as it was her dryer after her clothes finished washing....my boys were with me and got very scared...I just said "okay lady relax, we'll just come back later..."

Is there anywhere that we can see the room/floor layouts. - Like we have with Disney resorts where you can see the room number/location/type of room/connections etc? I'm wondering if there are any king rooms connected with doubles and if they have balconies and just the general location of rooms. TIA!

@brockash no map of rooms but most kings connect to a double rooms at the Dolphin & Swan. The balcony situation is more tied to the architecture of the buildinjgs than anything. Rooms with balconies are a booking category.

Dave

@brockash no map of rooms but most kings connect to a double rooms at the Dolphin & Swan. The balcony situation is more tied to the architecture of the buildinjgs than anything. Rooms with balconies are a booking category.

Dave
Thx...we're booking a balcony I think, but just trying to get an idea as to where those are located. Do you know if there are/are not balcony rooms in any specific area of the resort?

Loved our stay at Swan 2 years ago and used laundry room with no issues. There are rude hateful people everywhere unfortunately. Just luck whether you run into one. I, personally, wouldn't confront them but my son would. Unless they physically restrained you, you could step around them I guess. I thought the hotels were very clean. Florida is tropical so bugs are more numerous than most other states and cleanliness doesn't matter to Palmetto bugs. On the other hand, overall cleanliness of DW has dropped. In Georgia no one can find employees. Jobs everywhere but no takers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter