Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Also, I don't see pix of Donald or Mickey anywhere. That means it's "sterile," and it might as well be in Iowa, somewhere.
Sort of like the rooms at Coronado, Port Orleans and Caribbean Beach Resorts? I don't think the rooms inside the Gran Destino tower have any IP in them. Though the recent Poly & Contemprorary do - but before those Disney seemed to be wiping the IP out of their rooms. S/D never has had any Disney IP in their rooms, so really nothing new there.

Curious for the fountain right before Christmas- is that a place that takes reservations? We change our trip to Dolphin and looking for casual table service and I think this place looks good.

Has anyone staying at the Swan done the extended Evening hours? I'm wondering what they look at to verify you are a deluxe guest. I don't plan on getting Magic Bands for our trip. Wondering if they will take the MDE showing our hotel?
Renewing this question as well. I have a stay that keeps “unlinking” from MDE and I really don’t need it there except for extra hours. In previous years I was able to just use my Swan or Dolphin room key for EMH. If anyone is going soon, could you ask or try a Swan or Dolphin room key for the extra hours? It would certainly soothe my anxiety about the unlinking thing.

I did read through the other thread but that person just used their magic bands and that won’t help me if my stay comes “unlinked” again 😖

Also, I don't see pix of Donald or Mickey anywhere. That means it's "sterile," and it might as well be in Iowa, somewhere.

Some of us prefer it that way!

Curious for the fountain right before Christmas- is that a place that takes reservations? We change our trip to Dolphin and looking for casual table service and I think this place looks good.
Don't think so. We ate there 4 times the last week of Sept, it was pretty empty especially during non-peak hours.

No, they are walk up. We really enjoy it, it doesn't have a huge menu but what they have is good and a lot of food. If you don't eat large meals it would be easy to share (especially if you add an ice cream or milkshake, just saying).

No, they are walk up. We really enjoy it, it doesn't have a huge menu but what they have is good and a lot of food. If you don't eat large meals it would be easy to share (especially if you add an ice cream or milkshake, just saying).

I had a banana split one night for dinner on my last trip at The Fountain :rotfl2: (Edited to add: and it was wonderful - and the staff was really lovely)

Last edited:
Has anyone taken the boats to HS and/or Epcot with the early opening hours? What time do they begin picking up guests? (I am guessing 1 hour before the early opening?)

Just wanted to add my thought on my check in day at the dolphin. Got our email about 5pm made our way got our bags no issues. Noticed only 1 pillow for the pull out so I put in a request around 6:30 for 1 pillow. It is now 9:30 no pillow after being told it was on the way. Now I don't mind waiting I know staffing is low. But like my kid needs a pillow :/. Gonna have a stiff neck I gave him mine. I put in another request to stop delivery because we are now going to bed and don't want a knock. Kinda frustrated but we are in wdw so I can't complain to much.

Just wanted to add my thought on my check in day at the dolphin. Got our email about 5pm made our way got our bags no issues. Noticed only 1 pillow for the pull out so I put in a request around 6:30 for 1 pillow. It is now 9:30 no pillow after being told it was on the way. Now I don't mind waiting I know staffing is low. But like my kid needs a pillow :/. Gonna have a stiff neck I gave him mine. I put in another request to stop delivery because we are now going to bed and don't want a knock. Kinda frustrated but we are in wdw so I can't complain to much.
Curious if you made the request through the s/D app, the Marriott app, or by phone? It’s a massive pain when you’re waiting for something to be able to go to bed! In Waikiki, we had that same experience but it was the rollaway bed we were waiting on! Ugh. Hope that’s your only hiccup….

Curious if you made the request through the s/D app, the Marriott app, or by phone? It’s a massive pain when you’re waiting for something to be able to go to bed! In Waikiki, we had that same experience but it was the rollaway bed we were waiting on! Ugh. Hope that’s your only hiccup….
I used the app, waited an hour than texted, than used the app again I talked to a person a few times and they even called housekeeping and said "it will be there in less than 20 min" an hour later I canceled the request lol.

I used the app, waited an hour than texted, than used the app again I talked to a person a few times and they even called housekeeping and said "it will be there in less than 20 min" an hour later I canceled the request lol.
Which app—the S/D app or the Bonvoy app?

I tried both. Got replays on both and told they were on there way on both. We woke up to a pillow outside our door. Assuming it was delivered this morning
On the floor?? Yuck. But thanks for the app info; just wondering which works better ahead of our stay. Sounds like no clear winner. Again, hope that was an isolated incident and the rest of your stay is great!

I tried both. Got replays on both and told they were on there way on both. We woke up to a pillow outside our door. Assuming it was delivered this morning
Yeah recent stays at Marriott's have been like this for me - they are really taking advantage of COVID IMO to not clean room every day - and in general the cleanliness is lacking - there needs to be a deeper clean between stays IMO - too many dust bunnies etc... in general at Marriotts

Basically they clean the room every three days for "extended" stays - so for a three night stay dont expect to see anyone. So they did not bring water every day or towels. Not worth asking them as it takes hours for them to show up. So why am I paying a resort fee every day?

Still can't beat the price compared to Disney - especially as life time Titanium.

I used a suite night rewards for an upgrade - what else can you do with these things - they expire at the end of the year and it is rare they work - they are pretty cheap with upgrades these days though - I have always gotten a full suite at check in in the past - was annoying especially considering the hotel was pretty empty - but I was on my own so did not push it.

I got the upgraded room I booked - it has a partial view of the fireworks that they raved about on check-in - nothing special at all - just a preferred king room - 35% or so of the fireworks were blocked by the other wing.

Some small things from my recent stay at the Swan - the halls need a major referb - the carpets are worn to say the least.
The restaurant's are closed early in the week - they really need to make this clear on check-in.

I made the mistake of eating at Shula's on Sunday night on on Monday and Tuesday night almost everything was closed - so no Kimmono's and no Blue Zoo for example. Again why a resort fee for a resort that is mostly closed?

As elite you get a $20 credit for breakfast at the restaurant in the Swan - but its closed early in the week and restaurant in the Dophin would only give me a $10 credit towards their buffet. NDB - front desk fixed it - but its a PITA - and the buffet in the Dolphin is not very good compared to the menu at the Swan.

Also - although it is back now - during my stay there was no extra hours for Disney Deluxe Guests so that was also disappointing - but not the hotels fault.

I probably should have pushed to have the resort fee removed -but I got better things to do with my time.

One other issue - so it is no longer a shared Disney bus for Swan Dolphin - they each have their own bus and its a Mears bus - this goes to the TTC - so you then need the boat or monorail to get to the MK - was not happy with this at all. Simple solution get the bus to from Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Club. Cant beat this location for HS and Epcot - especially for the price

Last edited:
Does anyone know: we are staying in an alcove room + connector. That means we’ll have two small refrigerators , right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter