• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Want to still play VMK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotGhosts

Earning My Ears
vmkhx7.jpg

More info coming soon.

;) ;) ;) ;)

ARe u talking lie GPVMK or like Walk Around, Change Clothes, talk, trade VMK.

Let me know!

~P izza

That is GPDOT's bc the monorail mixer hasn't been under cool stuff since like beta :P!

This isn't a museum-like thing, it's actual VMK playable. I found out how to make a VMK private server.

I found out how to make a VMK private server.

I don't believe you.

And nobody else should, either, unless you come up with something that can't simply be Photoshopped.

Like, for starters: Describe your project in technical terms. Convince me.

I don't believe you.

And nobody else should, either, unless you come up with something that can't simply be Photoshopped.

I'm going to go with Electric on this one.

I might not fully understand the description in technical terms-should there be one-but you ought to prove what you say.

I don't believe you.

I agree
lol you can't even host VMK on your own computer.. (at least to my knowledge)
:thumbsup2
I'm going to go with Electric on this one.

I might not fully understand the description in technical terms-should there be one-but you ought to prove what you say.
:thumbsup2

I don't believe you.

lol you can't even host VMK on your own computer.. (at least to my knowledge)

This works like a CokeStudios retro and and a Habbo retro. VMK has all files on one seperate server, such like a game server. With all the files, like the game engine, items, you can use that server. If you download the files, changing the code a bit, and compiling it, you have yourself a server file, that can be used by anyone that is put on a server you can buy from a company.

This works like a CokeStudios retro and and a Habbo retro. VMK has all files on one seperate server, such like a game server. With all the files, like the game engine, items, you can use that server. If you download the files, changing the code a bit, and compiling it, you have yourself a server file, that can be used by anyone that is put on a server you can buy from a company.

I would not play this game

It probably involves downloading temporary files, like VMK. But they would probably be infested with viruses :sad2:

GPDot's game is making me totally nostalgic... :sad1: So many memories...

I want VMK back so bad. Pirates Online just isn't doing it. I miss seeing all the little kids' avatars running around singing Hannah Montana and HSM songs. I loved the way our avatars moved around and how cute they looked. I loved seeing the hosts and staff interact with all the players. I loved the overwhelming feeling of not only being a kid again, but experiencing the parks from my own home. I loved that feeling I got when I came into VMK everyday and escaped from the pressures of the real world.

R.I.P. to one of the most fun games I've ever experienced. VMK, you are missed.

This is like saying: put together a mixture of 65% oxygen, 18% carbon, 10% hydrogen, 3% nitrogen, 1.5% calcium, and small amounts of other elements, and you've got yourself a human being!

Nope. Simply having the pieces won't work.

Yes, there are people who have been able to reverse-engineer Habbo servers (and these are called "retros"). And yes, VMK was based on Habbo. But VMK had a lot of custom programming put into it - not the least of which was the dictionary! - and so I don't believe that anyone can make a VMK retro. It simply can't be done.

Prove me wrong if you'd like; but screenshots won't do it, because it's a whole lot easier to fake an image with Photoshop than it is to reverse-engineer VMK.

This is like saying: put together a mixture of 65% oxygen, 18% carbon, 10% hydrogen, 3% nitrogen, 1.5% calcium, and small amounts of other elements, and you've got yourself a human being!

Nope. Simply having the pieces won't work.

Yes, there are people who have been able to reverse-engineer Habbo servers (and these are called "retros"). And yes, VMK was based on Habbo. But VMK had a lot of custom programming put into it - not the least of which was the dictionary! - and so I don't believe that anyone can make a VMK retro. It simply can't be done.

Prove me wrong if you'd like; but screenshots won't do it, because it's a whole lot easier to fake an image with Photoshop than it is to reverse-engineer VMK.

darn i was just gonna ask you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter