Warner Bros Studio Tour and Harry Potter

Susan2771

DIS Veteran
Has anyone here done the Warner Bros Studio Tour? I am wondering if this is a must for a Harry Potter fan? Will they be excited with the amount of Harry Potter movie props and experiences? How about Gilmore Girls? Thanks in advance :thanks:

Last edited:
There's a room where you can get a picture with all of the Hogwarts letters flying out of the fireplace, you can see Harry's cupboard under the stairs, there's a sorting hat you can put on and it tells you your house, a potions classroom, and other lab, I think it was maybe Newt Scamander's? They also have a flying car suspended above one of the rooms, and some virtual reality broom riding stuff we didn't do because we didn't plan on buying their video of it.

Overall I thought it was very well done. I don't know if someone would be happy with the admission price for *just* the Harry Potter stuff, but there's quite a lot of other attractions on the tour as well. It was well worth the visit to us.

There's a room where you can get a picture with all of the Hogwarts letters flying out of the fireplace, you can see Harry's cupboard under the stairs, there's a sorting hat you can put on and it tells you your house, a potions classroom, and other lab, I think it was maybe Newt Scamander's? They also have a flying car suspended above one of the rooms, and some virtual reality broom riding stuff we didn't do because we didn't plan on buying their video of it.

Overall I thought it was very well done. I don't know if someone would be happy with the admission price for *just* the Harry Potter stuff, but there's quite a lot of other attractions on the tour as well. It was well worth the visit to us.
Thank-you for the feedback. Appreciate it.

We loved it! We did it back in 2019, and unless things have changed, they had a lot of props and costumes from Harry Potter. I don't want to spoil it for you, but we were really impressed by what we got to see. There is also an area at the end where for an extra price you can get pics and short videos flying on a broom in front of a green screen and then they add in CGI backgrounds. We did that and DD loved it.

As far as Gilmore Girls, none of us had ever watched the series. Our guide threw out a bunch of shows at the beginning and asked if there were any fans of them, and we had a couple of huge Gilmore Girls fans on our tram. I felt like a big chunk of our backlot tour was Gilmore Girls- houses, filming spots etc. LOL. So, I would suggest telling your tram guide you are Gilmore Girls fans and asking if they can point out some of the filming spots for you.

If you are interested in the making of tv and movies, I highly recommend the Warner Brother's tour.

We loved it! We did it back in 2019, and unless things have changed, they had a lot of props and costumes from Harry Potter. I don't want to spoil it for you, but we were really impressed by what we got to see. There is also an area at the end where for an extra price you can get pics and short videos flying on a broom in front of a green screen and then they add in CGI backgrounds. We did that and DD loved it.

As far as Gilmore Girls, none of us had ever watched the series. Our guide threw out a bunch of shows at the beginning and asked if there were any fans of them, and we had a couple of huge Gilmore Girls fans on our tram. I felt like a big chunk of our backlot tour was Gilmore Girls- houses, filming spots etc. LOL. So, I would suggest telling your tram guide you are Gilmore Girls fans and asking if they can point out some of the filming spots for you.

If you are interested in the making of tv and movies, I highly recommend the Warner Brother's tour.
Thank-you for sharing. Sounds like my girls will love this opportunity as huge fans of both Harry Potter and Gilmore Girls. Can't miss this tour I guess!

Pretty Little Liars was also shot on the backlot and shared sets with Gilmore Girls. When I did the tour , it was PLL focused :)

We went in December of 2021.

As others mentioned, at the beginning of the tour, the guide will ask everyone in the vehicle what their favorite show(s) are. This is to help tune the tour towards what people on the tour want to see. The guides will do their best to customize it.

I found the Harry Potter stuff very interesting. There is also a large DC Superhero section that was nice to go through.

Note that for the guided tour guide section, almost every tour will be different, based on what people say they like, and what is available that day. For example, there is a couch from the show Friends near a fountain outside, that was from the show's credits. It was not available when we were there due to weather, but normally they have you take pictures with it if you wish. If their is filming or a crew, of course you will not be able to visit that section, etc.

The second part of the tour (The self guided section), is almost always exactly the same, other than any new exhibits they have.

We went in December of 2021.

As others mentioned, at the beginning of the tour, the guide will ask everyone in the vehicle what their favorite show(s) are. This is to help tune the tour towards what people on the tour want to see. The guides will do their best to customize it.

I found the Harry Potter stuff very interesting. There is also a large DC Superhero section that was nice to go through.

Note that for the guided tour guide section, almost every tour will be different, based on what people say they like, and what is available that day. For example, there is a couch from the show Friends near a fountain outside, that was from the show's credits. It was not available when we were there due to weather, but normally they have you take pictures with it if you wish. If their is filming or a crew, of course you will not be able to visit that section, etc.

The second part of the tour (The self guided section), is almost always exactly the same, other than any new exhibits they have.
This is good to know. Thanks for taking the time to share. I asked my daughters last night if they would be interested in it with the chance of seeing Gilmore Girl sets and the Harry Potter sections and it was a very enthusiastic yes! With the information about the DC Superhero section, my husband will be happy. From what I am reading, this is the type of experience that will make everyone in our family happy, and to make some nice memories. Thank-you everyone :)

I love love the Warner Bros experience; have gone three times this year! I mentioned to our tour driver that we were sad to have missed the residential street part of the tour one day, so they arranged a private four man golf cart and took my friend and I back to that section and a few others! No charge. Go Monday-Saturday and you will see film crews in action!

We did it in 2019. Absolutely loved it. I didn't feel there was a huge Harry Potter presence, but enough for a fan. We had just come from Universal Orlando so we weren't on the tour for that. I was a fan of Gilmore Girls but also felt it was more Pretty Little Liars focused. It was still great to see. And so many other things from some other popular shows.

Just booked us for end of October. This will be my first time back in a long time (I used to work at WB Studios in Product Development). Taking the hubby for his first visit. Can't wait to see the old place again.

Just booked us for end of October. This will be my first time back in a long time (I used to work at WB Studios in Product Development). Taking the hubby for his first visit. Can't wait to see the old place again.
We will be there next Saturday! So looking forward to it. Must have been a fascinating place to work.

We will be there next Saturday! So looking forward to it. Must have been a fascinating place to work.

It was, but it was also stressful. We did movie merchandise, as well as other stuff like the Looney Tunes postage stamps, etc. ALWAYS busy!! Never any downtime.

It was, but it was also stressful. We did movie merchandise, as well as other stuff like the Looney Tunes postage stamps, etc. ALWAYS busy!! Never any downtime.
Your post is interesting....I work with someone who used to do what you do and she talks about the extreme stress she was under. Totally changed careers 180.

Your post is interesting....I work with someone who used to do what you do and she talks about the extreme stress she was under. Totally changed careers 180.

It's a lot more stressful than people imagine it. They think it must be fun, and there are some fun aspects to it, but definitely hard meeting deadlines/expectations. The fun part came when companies would bring in their product samples for us to review. Usually got to keep them. And watching movies at the Lot's theater with friends was a lot of fun. You'd see the occasional celebrity, but they pretty much stayed in their lane, so to speak.

It's a lot more stressful than people imagine it. They think it must be fun, and there are some fun aspects to it, but definitely hard meeting deadlines/expectations. The fun part came when companies would bring in their product samples for us to review. Usually got to keep them. And watching movies at the Lot's theater with friends was a lot of fun. You'd see the occasional celebrity, but they pretty much stayed in their lane, so to speak.
It must have been a very creative environment. My work is pretty dry and boring and stressful :) Was there a favorite product sample you got to keep and still have?

I saw the first piece of the collectors pieces (porcelain pieces done like the WDCC pieces). It was Bugs Bunny. The collection never really gained any traction, but I still have my Bugs Bunny. I also still have a few of my WB beanie babies (DC characters). That's all I still have.

DD15 is fully into Pretty Little Liars now. I was thinking a quick trip into LA to do the Warner Bros Studio Tour and maybe a day at Universal Hollywood would be fun. How extensive is the tour of the backlot? Do you get to get out and walk around? I know she would like to see all the areas that are in the show like the church. She also loves Friends so I figured the Central Perk portion would be fun. Younger child is into Looney Tunes and Animaniacs so I figured there will be something for her as well.

We'd tack on a day at Universal to do the new Super Mario Land. We've never gone before. I'd assume a day is enough for each?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter