Warning about 3rd party tour guides

Am I the only one who in all my years of visiting has never noticed a “vlogger” “vlogging”?
Lucky you! I watched a dozen of them walk through the empty lightening lane while the rest of us stood in an unmoving line at Pirate during a Halloween Party. I had to stand behind a roped off area with at least fifty of them during a castle show at an After Hours Party. In both cases I paid a premium to be in the park, while they got in in for free but they got the better experience. Thanks to vloggers I don't attend the first night of any special event or the opening of any attraction any more.

Lucky you! I watched a dozen of them walk through the empty lightening lane while the rest of us stood in an unmoving line at Pirate during a Halloween Party. I had to stand behind a roped off area with at least fifty of them during a castle show at an After Hours Party. In both cases I paid a premium to be in the park, while they got in in for free but they got the better experience. Thanks to vloggers I don't attend the first night of any special event or the opening of any attraction any more.
Right. It is usually the first night a lot of them go.

It's kinda creepy though. My DD had 4 couples stay last weekend. None had ever been to WDW. She's a master WDW planner and said it would look exactly like she was a 3rd party tour guide, because she was-just not paid.

That said, she thinks like others have said- they likely watched constantly changing "friends" on the app which she wouldn't have if they approached her.

Also mentioned very obvious social media advertising esp TT, but who knows.

She did feel a bit bad for them, explaining they generally are some of the biggest fans of WDW, and besides the money enjoyed making trips better for folks often related to helping with kids.

They can apply again in a year though.

I think addressing the Vloggers needs to happen too,
I agree with this as well. It’s out of hand (and technically against Disney’s existing rules). I get that Disney likes the free “press,” but they could easily go to a system that requires permission to film commercially, to cut down on the sheer volume of streamers.

I agree with this as well. It’s out of hand (and technically against Disney’s existing rules). I get that Disney likes the free “press,” but they could easily go to a system that requires permission to film commercially, to cut down on the sheer volume of streamers.
I'm shocked that hasn't happened yet. But that free publicity is good for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter