Washer and dryer in AKL studio villa's?

rroberts

The family that vacations together, stays together
Good evening all. You all have been great with answering my questions. One more for ya. From the you tune videos I have seen so far it looks like the studio AKL villas do not have a washer and dryer. Is that true? Since they don't is there a place to do laundry? We will be staying for 9 days this coming December and I see they don't do daily housekeeping I am worried about getting clean towels and cleaning our cloths. We are renting points for it and are not DVC members yet (can't wait to pay off those school loans). But at 1400 for 9 days. Hard to go wrong.

Thanks all

DVC studios do not have laundry machines in the room, there is a laundry room at each resort for use. DVC owners get their use for free and I would guess that you would also. You need to provide your own soap which is available in all resort stores.

You will get a full cleaning on day 4 with check in being day 1. You will also get fresh towels on day 8.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for the information! Going back a few weeks later with another family for the princess half marathon. Going to try and get a two bedroom for that one. Will be great being able to do laundry in the rooms.

I usually splurge and get a one BR instead of the studio,for the laundry convenience, as well as having a better kitchen area, and more room, in general. In my experience, the washing machines/dryers are often broken. The very first time I stayed in an AKL villa, there were two washing machines, and one was broken. So, I stayed in the laundry room all evening to be sure to get my laundry done. Not a fun way to spend vacation. We have had DVC now for 9 years, and every time I have used the communal laundry room, there has been issues with dryers not drying, washers just not working. Once the front loading door leaked.

I only stay in a studio in a situation like our last trip, when we only stayed 4 days, I didn't intend to do laundry, just brought the dirty clothes home.

I feel sorry for my fellow guests who have trouble knowing how to use household appliances without breaking them, however. My last trip, the microwave was broken in a way that appear it was misused (ie, the magnetron worked, but the turntable wasn't working). I have a microwave oven at home that is older than my son, who is 15 and it still works. Finally, the magnetron is losing power. I think AKL villas/Kidani village are only 4-5 years old. Nothing should really be broken with normal use.

I usually splurge and get a one BR instead of the studio,for the laundry convenience, as well as having a better kitchen area, and more room, in general. In my experience, the washing machines/dryers are often broken. The very first time I stayed in an AKL villa, there were two washing machines, and one was broken. So, I stayed in the laundry room all evening to be sure to get my laundry done. Not a fun way to spend vacation. We have had DVC now for 9 years, and every time I have used the communal laundry room, there has been issues with dryers not drying, washers just not working. Once the front loading door leaked.

I only stay in a studio in a situation like our last trip, when we only stayed 4 days, I didn't intend to do laundry, just brought the dirty clothes home.

I feel sorry for my fellow guests who have trouble knowing how to use household appliances without breaking them, however. My last trip, the microwave was broken in a way that appear it was misused (ie, the magnetron worked, but the turntable wasn't working). I have a microwave oven at home that is older than my son, who is 15 and it still works. Finally, the magnetron is losing power. I think AKL villas/Kidani village are only 4-5 years old. Nothing should really be broken with normal use.

This is OT but how good is DVC at fixing broken items? For the costs I would expect everything to either be working or to have a quick service call if something wasn't. Otherwise I would be tempted to tell them that a portion of my payment wasn't working either :). We have been watching the resale market. We love The Wilderness Lodge Resort but I don't like the old looking appliances. I know it might be part of the theming but electric coil range tops... Yuck..

This is OT but how good is DVC at fixing broken items? For the costs I would expect everything to either be working or to have a quick service call if something wasn't. Otherwise I would be tempted to tell them that a portion of my payment wasn't working either :). We have been watching the resale market. We love The Wilderness Lodge Resort but I don't like the old looking appliances. I know it might be part of the theming but electric coil range tops... Yuck..

We had a problem with our bathroom sink in a 1bdrm AKV Value room last year. I turned it on and got two spurts of water then it stopped all together. Maintenance was up within 30 mins and had the problem fixed and resolved in an hour. It required the poor guy to fix it in the smallest of spaces. That's the only time so far we've ever had a problem that needed fixing, but for us we consider that really quick :). While I always hope everything is in working order when we arrive for the dues I pay I fully understand that things happen. Just as long as they resolve the issue in a timely manner I'm happy :goodvibes.

DVC is the middle man, the resorts who are a business partner to DVC deals with Mousekeeping and maintenance. I get the feeling that we aren't a priority to them. During the last few years we have been given rooms that were never cleaned, had cleaning issues, defective new refrigerator, missing kitchen drawer, broken kitchen cabinet, missing kitchen items, AC that wouldn't cool, TV that didn't work, hole in kitchen ceiling, damaged light fixture above dining table, patio door that wouldn't lock, burned out light bulbs, broken toilet, wet carpet, and a broken faucet.

Most of these issues were fixed or we moved to another room but IMO they shouldn't have existed in the first place because the Mousekeepers should have reported or fixed the problems. The prior guest should have also reported the problems and they may have.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter