• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Washington State Info

missstcroix

Mouseketeer
I am planning an Alaska Cruise for July and will have several days in Washington/Vancouver before and after. Looking for any info on Mt. St. Helens Monument, Mt. Rainier Ntl Park or any northern Oregon beach towns would be helpful.
But mostly I am looking for hotel recommendations for Olympic National Park . Also is there a ferry from that side (Olympic Park) to Vancouver? Oh one more thing, Hotel recommendations for Friday Harbor? Thanks!!!

I am planning an Alaska Cruise for July and will have several days in Washington/Vancouver before and after. Looking for any info on Mt. St. Helens Monument, Mt. Rainier Ntl Park or any northern Oregon beach towns would be helpful.
But mostly I am looking for hotel recommendations for Olympic National Park . Also is there a ferry from that side (Olympic Park) to Vancouver? Oh one more thing, Hotel recommendations for Friday Harbor? Thanks!!!

I can only answer a couple of your questions---for lodging at Olympic National Park, consider Kalaloch Lodge. I've only camped at Kalaloch but have visited the lodge during those trips and it's beautiful. http://www.visitkalaloch.com/

Here's another link to other lodging at ONP: http://www.nps.gov/olym/planyourvisit/things2know.htm

As for ferry service to Vancouver from that side, no. There's a ferry service from Port Angeles to Victoria, B.C., and I know there's ferry service from Victoria to Vancouver, but nothing from that side of the water to Vancouver.
http://www.victoriaexpress.com/parking-pa.html

This link shows some private ferry companies going from Port Angeles to Victoria.

I would have *sworn* that there was service from Sequim (up at the very tip, basically, of WA above the Olympics) to Victoria, but I can't find anything about it now. Oh well.

We did a RCCL cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and back for our honeymoon, it was soooo wonderful. Of course, we focused on the Vancouver sightseeing b/c we absolutely love that city and we live in WA, but WA is nice too, I suppose. :upsidedow

I would have *sworn* that there was service from Sequim (up at the very tip, basically, of WA above the Olympics) to Victoria, but I can't find anything about it now. Oh well.

There is service from Sequim, bumber...well kind of---it's the link I posted for the service from Port Angeles, which is just west of Sequim. But there is no service from that side to Vancouver. Just Victoria. :)

the best way to see Mt ST Helens is to go through castle rock wa. the best visitor centers are located on this side of the mountain but going up through woodland wa. there are some good sites too(like the ape caves, ect....).... i was 10 when the mountain blew and i vividly remember that day and will for the rest of my life...i try to explain to my kids what it was like but they have no clue...... be sure if you make it this way you watch the movie of what it was like that day well worth the time for a first time visitor..have fun enjoying some of our beautiful Washington state

Thanks so much for the info! Every trip I plan I end up with valuable information from this board :-) Anyone know anything about Seaside, Oregon? Or any northern Oregon points of interest?

The previous poster is right, my folks live in Sequim and we drive to PA to catch the ferries to Victoria. It's about 20 minutes away.

Check out Cannon Beach. It's the nicest town on the Northern Oregon coast IMO.

seaside is very family friendly where cannon beach is beautiful and caters more to couples when its just hubby and i we do cannon when the kiddies come along it is seaside...tons of fun and they love the lil 4 seater bikes to rent and drive around town...what ever you choose you cant go wrong the washington and oregon coasts are beautiful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter