Watching Illuminations from Boardwalk - parking question

TammyC

DIS Veteran
I have read the threads about parking at the Boardwalk and going to Epcot. I would not want to break any rules or take a parking space from a BWI guest. But we were considering eating at a Boardwalk restaurant, then watching Illuminations from the bridge. We will be staying at AKL and there is no direct bus. This will be on a non-park day, so we will not go in Epcot. I know you can't see everything from outside the park, but we would rather catch a few fireworks then get back to AKL quickly (DS age 3 bedtime is usually 9:00). So is this a bad plan? Will I get directed to the lot across the street?

Thanks!

It depends on how full the main lot is. They may direct you to the area behind the guard shack, or if that's full, then across the street. You may also want to consider valet parking, which is $6.00. If you paid for valet earlier at AKL or anothe resort, you will not have to pay again.

Originally posted by TammyC
But we were considering eating at a Boardwalk restaurant, then watching Illuminations from the bridge.

I assume you mean the bridge outside of the International Gateway? Be warned you will not see about 50% of the show, IllumiNations is a very low lying fireworks presentation and aside of the opening sequence and the finale you will not see of know what is going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter