Water leak at SSR last weekend of April

DVC4US

DVC Member Since 1998
Been meaning to post this for a while now - so this happened to us at SSR the last weekend on April.

Yes, this is water pouring out of the room into the walkway. While getting ready to head out to Epcot we hear a loud noise and notice water coming out from under the kitchen sink counter. The shut off valves did not stop the water and after 3 calls to maintenance and the front desk(yes I know you get a call center and not the front desk) explaining it is a major leak, maintenance finally shows up 35 minutes later. We now have 3-4 inches of water in the kitchen/living room that is spreading to the bedrooms, the walkway, and pouring into the room below us.

Astonishingly, they agreed it was a major leak! The staff at SSR was great we just could believe it took them 35 minutes to get there. We left them to handle the problem and headed to Epcot. Had to change our room(last night which was a bummer) but the staff at SSR was amazing and packed up our room for us and placed everything in the new room exactly where it was in the old room. We couldn't believe the service!

If you were in the 1800 building of SSR the last weekend of April and had your water turned off or had to change rooms this was the reason.

Attachments

• IMG_3132.jpg
    IMG_3132.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 40
Wow. Lucky you were there to call maintenance. On a side note I’m shocked and disappointed in Disney’s response to “emergencies”. I was at MK last May and witnessed a true medical emergency. The cast members at Haunted Mansion were absolutely no help and it took paramedics at least twenty minutes to reach an adult male suffering from a seizure and not breathing. Ironically in November also at the MK I had a small medical emergency where I passed out and it took paramedics over 40 mi utes to get to me

I had water leak out from under my sink at SSR twice in two days last November. It wasn’t this bad though!

Wow. Lucky you were there to call maintenance. On a side note I’m shocked and disappointed in Disney’s response to “emergencies”. I was at MK last May and witnessed a true medical emergency. The cast members at Haunted Mansion were absolutely no help and it took paramedics at least twenty minutes to reach an adult male suffering from a seizure and not breathing. Ironically in November also at the MK I had a small medical emergency where I passed out and it took paramedics over 40 mi utes to get to me
Yeah, it was lucky we didn’t leave 5-10 minutes early. It was surprising the length of time it took even though I made several calls trying to describe how bad it was. They could have saved a lot of damage if the water was turned off sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter