water parks best time

pruff

Earning My Ears
Going to wdw in early August. What is the best time of day to goto water parks? My experience says go early until they become to busy and then leave. But how are they later in the day? An hour or two before close?pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

I would generally plan to spend the whole day at a waterpark - get there for opening - ride the slides as much as possible before lines get longer - once lines get longer take a lazy river ride, get some lunch, kick back - a couple of hours before closing, the crowds start to disappear

If bad weather hits, all bets are off - people will leave quickly

thanks
jaysue

we have always gone to the water parks at opening, but this year we are going to go about 4:00 or 4:30. I think this will work for us because with the exception of the lazy river, we are not much for just sitting around. We want to go go go. After climbing those steps at blizzard beach a couple of hours we are just exhausted...In other words, we just want to slide until we are tired and go back to the hotel....I'd rather just sit around at the resort than at the water park....My kids are older, 15 & 16 so we have no whining or anything when it's time to change to something different.

We always go at park opening. We hit all the best slides before the crowd builds and are usually ready to leave by early afternoon. I know that many people say that if you go when we usually leave that the crowd is thinning out, but I can tell you that when we leave, the crowds are usually huge, and we're glad to have been there early. I've never waited til late in the afternoon (after 4), but that seems like a possibility, too.

Julie

I'm not sure how the crowds will be in August but right now BB closes to capacity and then they allow people in at 2:00. Which by that time there are alot of people leaving. Then usally around 4:00 (if it doesn't rain) the wait times for the rides aren't that bad. We usually pull into the parking lot right around 2:00 and have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter