Way advanced notice -- CD case calendar swap

If you're going to store them all in a case the "jewel cases" will be too thin - can you order normal CD cases from e.g. amazon or do you have to "lose" a CD specially:rolleyes1

I think you can still buy regular size cases at Walmart or Staples or something. I'll have to look tomorrow.

So we will each be doing 1 sheet? Disney themed for 1 group please....or even better Princess themed since this is just for me :teeth:

Really cool idea!

That would be so cool to have a Fab 5 one and a Princess one. I think it would be hard to decide! :)

hey mickster!! just saw your new countdown in your siggie!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

I just got off the phone with disney, thinking about changing my ressie a bit... $$$ yikes!

Yes, when I made mine, I made them double sided so there are only 6 sheets in the case.

We can have different groups: Fab 5, Pooh, Princesses, and regular non-Disney :)

I think I might be able to pick up a multi-pack of the thick jewel cases and then I can just return it with your swapped items, instead of everyone having to buy a package to get just one....And you can just include extra $$ with your postage or something. Heck, I'll even take payment in Forever stamps.

Yes, when I made mine, I made them double sided so there are only 6 sheets in the case.

We can have different groups: Fab 5, Pooh, Princesses, and regular non-Disney :)

I think I might be able to pick up a multi-pack of the thick jewel cases and then I can just return it with your swapped items, instead of everyone having to buy a package to get just one....And you can just include extra $$ with your postage or something. Heck, I'll even take payment in Forever stamps.

that would work, we would just need the measurements.

This sounds really neat. When would you be taking sign-ups for this? I'd like to get in on it, especially the Princess one.

I have pics of the sample I made for my class, but they're on my computer at home so I will try to remember to post tonight...

The only downside is that if you want to fit/store all 12 months into the case, you have to do them double-sided and use flat embellishments and thin cardstock or pp.

I don't know if most people will just put one month on display and store the other 11 months elsewhere.... if that is the case, we can go with thicker embellies.

May be hard to picture without seeing what I did so I will post the pics tonight!

I was fooling around with it last night and I wondered if you did 2 months back to back. I used card stock and 6 would be the max, I think. I also noticed that the pages only fit on the side where the cover is, they are a bit too big to fit on the side where the CD would go. This is really so cool!

Suckered me in! When the sign-up comes I'll be there ;)

Argh... I can't find my pics... so you'll have to use your imagination!

I'll take signups in September... maybe even make it due 11/15 so everything can be finished before Thanksgiving and the holiday mail rush... or do you think 11/1?

What I did with mine was to set aside a mat or area for a 2x3 photo on each page, so that it could be personalized. We can do a group for Fab 5, one for Princesses, one for general family photos. Maybe even one for the parks -- what a great way to use up vacation photos!

Anyway, just tuck that away till the end of the summer and I will take signups then.

YOu need to look on another board- I beileve that might be on the community board or in the resort board. The swaps on this board are craft swaps for scrapbooking and altered items and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter