Wdw At Christmas

MACDADDY

Earning My Ears
We are considering a trip to WDW at Christmas time. (Late November/early December) It's my understanding that this is the least visited time of the year. Does Disney offer any deals at this time?

Yes
The Hotels and packages are discount priced, but book now. We love going at this time. It will probably be too cold to go to a water park (could have a warm day), but the small crowds and decorations more than make up for it.

We went around December 11-17th. The up side was that the weather wasn't as hot as it usually is every other time we have gone. Another upside is that the crowds were definitely not evident, as we didn't have a line wait over 15 minutes during the entire stay. Typical waits were in the order of 0-10 minutes.

Downside is that, because the crowd size is down, the parks close earlier. EPCOT was the latest one, and it closed at 9PM, with MGM and MK closing around 8ish. So, we spent most every night in Downtown Disney, and the Adventurer's Club (woo-hoo!).

Would we do it again? Absolutely! Take advantage of the Early Entry mornings, and the resort discounts. Get up early, go to bed early, and you won't notice the shorter hours. If you are a nightowl like me, you may find yourself getting bored after 9.

But, all in all, the cooler temp, non-existent crowds, and the 'Pre-Holiday" festivities were a blast. Kind of like a pre-show before Christmas. Have fun!!

We are going just before Christmas (Dec. 20th - Dec. 23rd). The 21st will be our Fifth Anniversary. We got about 10% off of Rack Rates for CBR using DC. That is the only discount that I am aware of right now, for that time period.

:bounce: :pinkbounc :) Hi we had the chance to stay this past Christmas at Fortwilderness and had a ball!It was Cold to central Fla. standards 27 F.But really nice in the afternoon.Santa even delivered a stocking to our camper!If you and your family have a chance to go... GO! we are headed back for mothers day weekend using our Disney club discount at Fortwilderness. Wish you were there!

IMO it is the absolute best time of year, especially if you love Christmas Decorations. We went the week after Thanksgiving last year, and will be going at the same time on our next trip (in a couple of years). We even made it to Blizzard Beach (only water park open). Definately, go then.

Mostly, the discounts you will find for then will be from the Disney Club. AP's normally don't discount then. If possible I would also suggest staying on site. And spend some time resort hopping. Enjoy!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We went to Disney years ago in December. We stayed at Fort Wilderness in one of the nice trailers they have. To me this was the most beautiful time to visit. It was cool out and we were able to get discounts at the time. Everything was decorated in Xmas theme, Enjoy!
Vicky:pinkbounc

That is the best time (IMHO) to go. We were there after Thanksgiving last year. Being there really got us into the Christmas spirit. I know this year I'll be disappointed that we are not there. But in 2002 - we'll be back!!!

Have a great time.

Oh yeah, the weather was mixed so bring all types of clothes (shorts and long pants, jackets....)

:jester:

We are also going this December and I can't wait. I have heard that the decorations are breathtaking!! I agree with the above posters...BOOK NOW!

The only deal they've offered in the last 4 years has been one of their Holiday packages... you can get significant discounts on deluxe or home away from home resorts... but it's actually cheaper to do it yourself if you want to stay at a moderate or value... I think they usually start offering the Holiday packages in June... I'd keep my eyes open for the dates...

My husband and I (and my dad and sister before that) have been going every year at Christmas time. Their aren't big
discounts per say but the rooms are cheaper that time of year. Usually early December gets you the lowest rates of
the entire year. And the weather and crowds can't be beat...

Enjpy:p

This is the best time of the year to visit DW. Crowds are minimal,decorations are beautiful.There is only one thing I can't get used to,that's wearing shorts this time of year.Coming from PA,we just don't do that.Going again Nov 24- Dec 1. CAN"T WAIT. It will be first time for my husband at that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter