WDW Best Resort if you are not doing the parks?

KJMickey

Earning My Ears
We may make a trip to WDW, but not do the parks or just hit MK one day. Which resort would be best to have alot to do....but avoid the parks?

several - WL/VWL, AKL - WL has lots to do a long list of activities and it is within easy walking distance of FW - with its stuff to do too.

AKL has the animals.

SSR has DD next door.

OKW love it!!! you aren't looking at any parks - so the need to go to the parks is down. It is a great site for outside shopping (so would SSR be).

I'm not planning on doing the parks much when I go next month, so I've got a BW view at BWV. That way I can sit on my balcony and people watch, or go down to the lounge. If you've got kids, maybe the pool or community hall there would entertain them (solo trip for me, so just a book and the balcony will be enough to keep me entertained).

VWL has a plan where you can rent boats and bikes for a week. I do not remember what it is called but we thought that would make a wonderful addition to a trip when we did not want to spend too much time in the theme parks.

I can see advantages to each of the DVC's depending on what you want to do with the vacation.

BCV ------- pool pool pool
SSR ------- I love the night life at Down town Disney
BWV -------- Love the boardwalk Jellyrolls, ESPN etc.
OKW--------- nice quiet relaxed vacation
VWL ------- boats bikes and more

Have lots of fun whatever you choose.

Thanks for the input. We were thinking BWV...We love to people watch!

We like the points at OKW...but are wondering if the kids would get bored after a couple days. DD is 12 and DS is 4.

With kids your kids' ages, I'd recommend Beach Club. The location is very similar to the BWV, with access to the Boardwalk & all it offers. It also has Stormalong Bay, which is a spectacular pool complex...blows away the Boardwalk's pool, and I think the Boardwalk's pool is very nice. If you had a desire tot go into Epcot one night to see IllumiNations, it's within walking distance. You can rent bikes, boats etc. for that area.

We do AKL and watch the animals. For children they have activities all day and Simba's for childcare in the evenings. I think the Boardwalk would have a lot going on to.

Given the ages of the children, I would stay at BCV. They will love the pool. SAB is like a mini water park and children love it. Plus, you are not far from great places to eat at BC&YC, BW, and S&D. Cape May's Cafe has a great character breakfast. You can rent boats at YC. At BW, you can rent surry bikes that you can ride all around the lake. BW also has family entertainment (like magicians, jugglers, etc.) on the Boardwalk during some of the evenings. Beaches & Cream is a great place to get a treat and there is an arcade next door. The 4 yr old, might like the Sandcastle Club (is that the right name? :confused3 ). You might also enjoy sitting on the very large balconies just off the lobby at BW. There is so much to do in the area and yet very relaxing. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

the 4 year old is too little for the big pool and the 12 year old will get bore in the smaller pool.

go with OKW - it has a new slide - so your 12 year old should be happy, and it has a nice pool for your younger child in the same area - I think you can sit in one area and see them both.

Now that say - I really like the quiet pools at OKW - there are 3 of them - and each is unquie. No one pool is like the others. So it make that fun too!!!

OKW has animals - rabbits, birds including eagles and hawks, some animals I am not sure what they are called...

the rabbits at OKW are quiet friendly - they will definitely come up to people for food. but these are WILD animals don't let anyone tease them or they will bit.

also in the wood section you can sometimes see a deer or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter