WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

In the Netherlands we should hear this Friday when our biggest themepark (Efteling) will reopen, I have seen some articles and pictures about their social distancing in restaurants and queueing plans. But I wanted to share this picture. They will be using hooks for the safety checks for coasters. I didn't hear or see anything about this from Disney. I take it, it will be something similar?
050520stang.jpg

That’s interesting, I had a room-only reservation starting May 3rd and when I cancelled and asked about Free Dining they said that was only for packages with tickets. (We have separate tickets already purchased) I wonder if I should call and ask again for our rescheduled trip?

Free dining is a package that includes tickets. It won't do any good to call, you have to buy the package. It is available to anyone who was cancelled, room only included. But you have to buy the package that includes tickets.

That’s interesting, I had a room-only reservation starting May 3rd and when I cancelled and asked about Free Dining they said that was only for packages with tickets. (We have separate tickets already purchased) I wonder if I should call and ask again for our rescheduled trip?
Yes, call back. I had a one night room only reservation in March and was able to get the free dining offer.
Edit: I did buy 2 day tickets to take advantage of the free dining offer, but my original reservation was room only.

Yes, whether you had a room only reservation or a package, you are given the offer to reschedule with free dining. But free dining requires a package. So if you had room only before, you would need to be willing to reschedule with a package that includes tickets in order to take advantage of the offer.

There seems to be some confusion- those who booked room only and were cancelled, qualify for the free dining offer. That offer however, includes tickets- whether you already have them or not. As an AP holder, I would still be paying for tickets in the free dining package.

There seems to be some confusion- those who booked room only and were cancelled, qualify for the free dining offer. That offer however, includes tickets- whether you already have them or not. As an AP holder, I would still be paying for tickets in the free dining package.

If I read everything right a million pages back you can use the value of the 2 day PH tickets to apply to an AP renewal?

It is, but you have to buy tickets/package to get the free dining, so not sure how well it would work out if you already have tix.
Ohhh ok. Thanks all for the clarification. That is definitely not what they told me on the phone either way. But considering our tickets still only work until July 31, we may look into getting the ticket package with FD to go towards an AP.

American and Delta have already issued a statement that guests are required to wear a mask in the gate area and on the plane (children 12 and under are exempt per the CDC guidelines). They have also issued a notice that the plans will be fog sanitized between flights. The other precaution is that they are reducing the number of people on the planes by not making the middle seats available. I think they will likely be one of the more cautious places to be.
So what happens if a family of 2/3 are traveling they cant sit together? I do agree with the middle seat being left empty for when the aisle and window are booked by "single" travelers makes sense even though overall the rows are on top of each other anyway.

So what happens if a family of 2/3 are traveling they cant sit together? I do agree with the middle seat being left empty for when the aisle and window are booked by "single" travelers makes sense even though overall the rows are on top of each other anyway.
they have said if you are travelling with family to see the gate agent for seating together.

Some movement on the calendar now. MDE is showing some changes already, over on the HUB everything is closed on the calendar through May 30th

Epcot only park showing closed right now. What is going on?! Ugh, the news anticipation...

I am wondering what Disney will do regarding cancellations if they open, but certain states still have travel or shelter-at-home restrictions. Being from NJ we are still pretty far from reopening and I may not be able to travel for my August dates. Any thoughts?

This is purely speculation, but, in the past, WDW has a very good track record of offering a more flexible cancellation policy if, say, your area is affected by bad weather and your flights have been canceled. I will speculate that, if you are unable to travel due to local stay-at-home orders or travel restrictions put in place by FL, WDW will offer a flexible cancellation/change policy.

So you’re saying 5/31 has a chance. 🤣

(just a joke)

So now we wait for next Wednesday for further rolling resort cancellations or further information from Disney. :yo-yo:

You mean there isn't a chance for 5/30???? or a snowballs chance... Alas, back to knitting my Mickey mask.

If you had a stay during the closure, you qualify to book the Free Dining promotion, but all the terms of that promotion apply. You have to pay rack rate for your room and you have to purchase at least a 2-day package ticket for everyone over the age of 2 on the reservation. Your previous ticket does not satisfy the package requirement. Some have had success getting a refund for their previous tickets so they could book the free dining package, but it's most certainly a YMMV situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter