WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

This is pure speculation. But I wonder if part of the new reservation system will be a change to how fastpasses are booked. It seems with shorter hours and needed flexibility they may benifit from using a system like Disneyland’s maxpass for while.

And a 7:00 closing takes out a huge chunk of dining opportunities. TS reservations where money-making alcohol is served will have to be canceled. It will be interesting with dining plans how that will be handled, with reduced capacity AND reduced hours.

I was just thinking that too on them losing out on dining. But I guess most people would either manage to eat at the park earlier or, like us, try to maximize park time and eat at the resort cafeteria, which could be a madhouse. Ugh. I hope they don't really shorten the hrs that much. Did we find out what the opening times were?

I just got notification that the hours for our October trip have been changed to 7 pm closing. I was hoping in 3 months it would be better, but we will see. Also the days the park closed for MNSSHP were changed to 7 also. So not party?
The party is still listen from 7-midnight. We have tickets for October 23rd for the party.

I just got notification that the hours for our October trip have been changed to 7 pm closing. I was hoping in 3 months it would be better, but we will see. Also the days the park closed for MNSSHP were changed to 7 also. So not party?

Our party is on Labor Day. We booked UT instead of direct. I guess we still have to wait to make sure they're canceled, but not sure if refundable at all since UT? Was going to be wife's 1st ever MNSSHP too (my 2nd - but 1st was like 10+ yrs ago).

I think we need to wait and see. They just changed MK closing to 7pm for every date through 10/31 (they had stopped posting the park calendar totally past 11/1 several week ago). They could easily change things back at any time, so I don't read 'too' much into that time for those further out dates. I don't necessarily read into that they changed the party days to 7pm vs 6pm as they'll cancel MNSSHP, but obviously TBD.

Our trip is scheduled for that week July 11-19, so I am happy and nervous at the same time. Luckily the phased opening only affects one day at Epcot so no big deal. We have gone many times and my kids are older so no parades, fireworks and characters don't bother us, what I am more concerned with is dining and our FP. I guess we will see in the days to come.

One thing to keep in mind about dining is that I believe restaurants in the park have often taken reservations right up until closing even before this, obviously staying open beyond closing. Who knows, maybe they'll let restaurants book past park closing. Might help ease the flow out of the park as well. Or not. We won't know until we get more info.

for those wanting to cancel or change anything in your plans, today is not the day. wait a couple of days and it'll be easier to do online or to call

Yep. I called to cancel our June trip instead of waiting for Disney to do it, and they can't get into the system. The CM said I can call back another day or just wait for it to be canceled.

I was just thinking that too on them losing out on dining. But I guess most people would either manage to eat at the park earlier or, like us, try to maximize park time and eat at the resort cafeteria, which could be a madhouse. Ugh. I hope they don't really shorten the hrs that much. Did we find out what the opening times were?
Still 9:00 am opening that I'm seeing for MK. Hoping MDE calms down a bit and we can try to move some things around soon, we have FP and ADRs at the end or after closing. But so far only MK is listed as closing at 7:00.

One thing to keep in mind about dining is that I believe restaurants in the park have often taken reservations right up until closing even before this, obviously staying open beyond closing. Who knows, maybe they'll let restaurants book past park closing. Might help ease the flow out of the park as well. Or not. We won't know until we get more info.
It could be reservations until park close, say 7pm, but that you can stay until you're finished eating, within reason. With buses running 90 minutes after park close. That would be interesting if they let you actually reserve past park closure.

I think we'd either sap up as much park time until they kick us out, and then eat at the hotel or go to DS for a later dinner. We always neglect to go to DS. Maybe we'd even go to a new Cirque show or something.

Seriously. Would it have killed them to throw a simple yes or no blurb out at some point today!?!?
Im extremely frustrated with Disney and if you've read any of my usual posts im quite for them, I've even been called a Disney apologist. But this is truly inexcusable, I understand this is all brand new to everyone but im getting a far superior guest relations experience from Universal.

Can the OP be edited to give factual opening bullet points, or at least someone with 100% accurate info post one?
I see many different things and it is hard to tell what is facts and what is hope/assumptions.

MK and AK opening 7/11
EP and HS opening 7/15
masks required
and so on
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter