WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

How does SDL reservation system work? What time range for entry into the park? How far in advance can you make your park reservations? Can you pick your time to enter the park?
https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/
Just out of curiosity I went on the website the day and time they were selling the tickets for first day, and the site crashed on me a couple of times, and when I finally got on it, about 5 min after they had started selling, all day tickets for opening day were gone

Last edited:
For those that go frequently and don't need that 'perfect' experience and perhaps those of the mindset that the parks have grown too crowded over the last few years, this could possibly be a great time to go.

If antibody testing were more reliable and I could actually confirm my hunch that I had the virus in mid-March right when it started exploding in NYC, and I didn't have a high risk person at home, I might think about a late summer/early fall trip "just to see". As an AP holder who goes frequently enough that a lesser park experience wouldn't necessarily be a deterrent, I would honestly be fascinated to see a post-C19 WDW in the age of social distancing. Historical curiosity if anything.

This is a perfect example to me of being careful what you wish for though. What was the #1 complaint about the parks prior to all this, after price? Crowds, crowds, crowds. Some even openly rooted for a recession to "thin" them. I'm guessing a lot of folks want to walk back some of that sentiment now.

Just came across this

https://blogmickey.com/2020/05/annu...rn-to-walt-disney-world-during-soft-openings/
If I had to guess for AP , it'll be like what it was for GE preview , premium and platinum members, wonder if I can go ahead and upgrade to Platinum LOL

I usually like BlogM (and I'm not being critical of you posting this), but that is such a click-baity headline - with the punchline towards the bottom that 'affinity groups' is Disney speak for groups such as AP & DVC, but then goes on to say no announcements have actually been made.

While I don't doubt there will be previews, seems a little misleading at this very moment.

As someone who straddles the line between common sense precautions and germaphobia, one of my concerns is transferring germs when picking up food at QS or waiters not washing their hands after handling money. It's not that I necessarily think it's the greatest of risks but it kind of negates a lot of what they do if people who touch their masks off and on all day can contaminate food service counters. I like how resort food courts already have the sanitizer right there but almost everyone ignores it. I wouldn't mind seeing a CM there to encourage it

Isn’t what most of what Disney is putting out to public basically click bait. There is no details.
I have had to do this for a living. Disney putting out whatever info (or lack thereof) is not click bait
Fansites write articles like these for people to visit the page and they generate income just by the click. After having done this for a while (and hating every click bait article I put out there) I always now go to the source of information, which is DPB or the WDW site
Just wanted to add that these fansites have to make a living, I'm not against that, I just go straight to Disney if I want Disney information

Not sure if this qualifies as "operations" info, so please delete if it's off-topic.

My wife's ticket for our December 2020 trip has had it's expiration date changed to September 26, 2021. However, strangely, my ticket still has it's original 14-day expiration date.

Not sure if this qualifies as "operations" info, so please delete if it's off-topic.

My wife's ticket for our December 2020 trip has had it's expiration date changed to September 26, 2021. However, strangely, my ticket still has it's original 14-day expiration date.

Yeah, there have been some reports from this afternoon (in other threads) about erratic expiration date changes. It appears something is up, but it hasn't stopped moving yet in terms of what they are doing so not sure exactly what is going on at the moment.

Was able to modify my resort reservation today from July 6 to July 20. Fast passes, however, will not move from original dates. Something weird going on.

Was able to modify my resort reservation today from July 6 to July 20. Fast passes, however, will not move from original dates. Something weird going on.
Just curious, where are you staying? My reservation is July 7th at Fort Wilderness Cabins and its says I cannot modify it at this time.

Just curious, where are you staying? My reservation is July 7th at Fort Wilderness Cabins and its says I cannot modify it at this time.
Had to be a system glitch for that pp I would think. My ability to modify was locked down when they made the announcement, and when I called in yesterday I was told no modifications were allowed (I wanted to change my package to remove the water park tickets and add theme park days to replace the water park days).

As far as I know, the only reservations that can be modified are those with a check out date of 7/11 or later. I have that and can modify to any available DVC or FW. It doesn’t matter what your current reservation is, mine is the YC. It only matters when you check out or in- the 11th. I agree, had to be a glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter