WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Sharing a helpful link to a local official website to track virus info is OK as that is something travelers may want to monitor for their trip planning, but further virus specific discussion is best suited for the Community Board. Thanks all.
Thank you for allowing and I am sorry for asking this question here. I didn’t know there was another board for this type of information.

Thank you for allowing and I am sorry for asking this question here. I didn’t know there was another board for this type of information.

Your question was totally fine, more just getting out front of the likely ensuing discussion. As most COVID threads tend to go (including this one from time to time), once we start talking numbers it tends to go a little sideways quickly, so more just trying to avoid that. :-)

Can anyone summarize briefly the covid conditions order of planning....

Get hotel first, then apply for park reservations
or
Get Passes first, and apply for park reservations
or
Get Hotel AND passes, then apply for park reservations

or
or
You cannot get a parks reservation without tickets. I don't think there's any issue right now with availability for parks reservations. Hotel can be before or after.

or
or
Missing a step 1: check availability for the passes in the website before getting hotel or tickets. Has not been an issue yet because there is lots of availability (aside from APs) for the near future, but in case this is something you plan to do down the road keep that in mind.

You can book park passes after getting tickets. If, down the road, passes are more limited, there may be more availability once you’ve booked your resort as there are different “buckets” of Pass availability for Resort and non-resort guests

Missing a step 1: check availability for the passes in the website before getting hotel or tickets. Has not been an issue yet because there is lots of availability (aside from APs) for the near future, but in case this is something you plan to do down the road keep that in mind.

You can book park passes after getting tickets. If, down the road, passes are more limited, there may be more availability once you’ve booked your resort as there are different “buckets” of Pass availability for Resort and non-resort guests

Oh yes I wrote passes when I knew that only tickets are available right now. Looking at October and park reservation calendar is wide open, and plenty of DVC availability, so hoping passes will start selling and I can upgrade my tickets by the time we get there. I have a lot of banked points from a 2-week stay canceled by the closure, and an annual pass is the only way to go.

Has anyone heard if it’s ok to go to Wilderness Lodge just to eat at Geyser Point? They don’t take ressies and I’m not sure if we can go over there without having a room reservation at CCV or BRV. We love their menu, especially their drinks!

Has anyone heard if it’s ok to go to Wilderness Lodge just to eat at Geyser Point? They don’t take ressies and I’m not sure if we can go over there without having a room reservation at CCV or BRV. We love their menu, especially their drinks!
You can bus from Disney springs, they won't let you park without a dining or room reservation

Thanks for this information about eating at quick service at resorts. We would like to eat at Capt Cooks and/or Pineapple Lanai and will be taking the monorail from MK. I hope we will be able to eat at the Poly (or possibly GF) quick service.

Thanks for this information about eating at quick service at resorts. We would like to eat at Capt Cooks and/or Pineapple Lanai and will be taking the monorail from MK. I hope we will be able to eat at the Poly (or possibly GF) quick service.
Yes, it's not a problem, have eaten at the poly, contempo and boardwalk bakery by using Disney transportation

Hi - Scheduled to be at the Yacht club in the beginning of October (after having been moved twice...). Does anyone know if the NBA folks will be gone by then? Also, any other general info about staying in the BW area during the pandemic would be appreciated. We've stayed in the BW area many times before but are worried that with so much closed, we might be frustrated. Any insights about the current situation welcome! TIA!

Last edited:
I was told that back in June when I called and added a day to my tickets. I left the park hopper on at the time. Our trip is next week so I called this past Sunday and asked them to remove the park hopper portion. I asked if there was a possibility we would be able to park hop by our trip and the CM said no.
Interesting. I didn't even have an option to keep my park hoppers for the week of December 18th to 24th. My TA said they took them off and made them regular park tickets.

Last edited:
Hi - Scheduled to be at the Yacht club in the beginning of October (after having been moved twice...). Does anyone know if the NBA folks will be gone by then? Also, any other general info about staying in the BW area during the pandemic would be appreciated. We've stayed in the BW area many times before but are worried that with so much closed, we might be frustrated. Any insights about the current situation welcome! TIA!
for specifics you can head to the resort forum. There's also an NBA thread on the news and rumors forum but yeah, by October the NBA games are done

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter