WDW Event Swap: Due 11/7 - Update pg 29 post 429

TPCShauna

<font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo
We are making mini page kits consisting of 1 topper/title and 2 elements of your choice for all groups except for groups with specific instructions. See list below for more details. Here is a link to pics from last years' Event Swap - WDW Event Swap 07.

You are limited to signing up for 2 groups total if you have never participated in a swap I’ve hosted before. Otherwise, you may sign up for one spot in each category type on your first round of sign-ups. Once everyone has a chance to sign up for their chosen spots, I will open the remaining spots.

Important Dates:
Sign-ups close: 8/29/08
Mail Date: 10/31/08
Due Date: 11/7/08

Check-in Dates:
8/29
9/12
9/26
10/10
10/24
10/31 - Mail by date
11/7 - Due date

This is a firm due date. These must be swapped out and out of my house by 11/15 at the latest as I will be preparing for a family wedding and trip to WDW.

NOTE: I will ask you to check in every 2 weeks (by posting a check-in by date in the thread title). If you miss a check-in, I will PM you. If I haven't heard from you in 3 days, I will angel your spots. It is your responsibility to let me know beforehand if you will be gone for a check-in.

Packing and Labeling Instructions: Package your items individually in Ziploc bags and place all of your bags for each group in it’s own, gallon size Ziploc bag. Please don't use anything smaller than a gallon bag as your return pieces might be larger than those you send. Please be sure to package each group separately. Include your name, DIS name and group number on each larger bag.

Mailing Instructions: Write your DIS name and the name of the swap on the outside of your mailing container. If you are in 4 or more groups, please send $9.80 in cash/check for a flat rate box. If you are in 3 or fewer groups, send $4.85 in your choice of method (cash/check/stamp) for a flat rate envelope. If you want delivery confirmation, don't forget to send in the extra money for that as well as a completed DC slip. If you send cash or a check, DC is free since I print labels online.

Please don’t send metered or click-it/ship-it postage – some hostesses have had issues with these.

Contact Info: PM me with your name, address, email address and phone number if you haven’t swapped with me before. I will only use the latter two in case of emergency but I MUST have a way to reach you outside of the boards. I will PM my contact info to everyone after the swap closes. If you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know ASAP so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help as needed.

A Final Note: This swap can quickly add up to a significant commitment once you add up 3 pieces times 6 participants in a group. Multiply that by 5 groups and you are making 90 pieces. Having said that, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up for more than you can handle. It is not fair to me or the other participants to expend the time and money to make something for someone who does not reciprocate. We all want everyone to enjoy swapping but we also want you to think about what you are getting into when you sign up.

Last but not least, HAVE FUN! I know we all stress about our work and that is OK. The important thing to remember is that you just need to make something you would be proud to have in your own albums and everyone will love it. If you get stumped or have a question, anyone on here would be happy to help; all you have to do is ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now for the fun stuff!

Feel free to use any cardstock or patterned paper that fits the theme of your group. You should include at least two types of embellishments or embellishment techniques (such as, but not exclusively limited to: embossing, distressing, inking, ribbons, brads/eyelets, flowers, charms, stickers, die cuts.)

TOPPER - The size and orientation is up to you. Please do not make it more than 8 inches wide. You may cut letters out to spell a title but make sure the letters are at least 1 1/4 inches and have a shadow matted behind each letter. If you choose to cut out a title, place letters in a separate baggie and let us know what they spell.

Element Selection:
- Journaling Box: 1PP at least a 3x3 writing area, double matted and embellished with actual journal area placed on top of the two mats
- Tag: 1 PP for medium or large tags, 2 pp for 2x3 tags, double matted and embellished, include either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole - may include both...the fiber and or eyelet does not count as an embellishments
- Embellished Shapes: 3PP 1-1/2x1-1/2 or larger if you wish, double matted and embellished. These can be circles, squares, flowers, etc. be creative. If it is a shape that would not look right double matted please use your best judgement.....Just make up for it in another way. Maybe make a few extra or throw in something extra.
- Photo mats: 2PP, double matted and embellished. Smallest mat must be no smaller than 4 1/4" x 6 1/4".
- Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please
- File Folders or Matchbooks: 1 PP if medium size or larger, 2 pp if mini sized. Please make sure to enclose a blank page in the matchbook if this is the element you choose to do.
- Bottle Caps: 2PP if metal, 4PP if paper
- Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold 2x3 a tag that should have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
- Shaker Box: 1PP be creative please
- Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please
- License Plate: 1PP be creative please
- Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
- Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished
- Altered CD cover: 1PP be creative please
- Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches
- Altered Paper Clips: 3 large size ones
- Embellishment baggie to include the following items: 3 yards of fiber, yard of ribbon, 2 pieces of 6 X6 coordinating paper, 8 brads and 8 eyelets.
- Individual wrapped store bought embellishment package.(example Jolees, shaped clips,etc.)

NO hand written lettering on ANY items. Please use computer fonts, rub-ons, stickers or stamps. NOTE: Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon/fiber, 3D stickers (matted stickers/cliparts are okay too) or embossing (dry/heat).

If you have questions about any of these elements, check out the Swap Glossary thread or Swap Photo Gallery thread at the top of the swaps board, post your question here or PM me. We are all happy to help!

Mini Page Kit Groups

A1 – MNSSHP - FULL
General Party - 123SA
HalloWishes - hopemax
Mickey’s Boo to You Parade - JohnsonsLoveDisney
Trick or Treat Stations - Tigger1221
Alice & Mad Hatter’s Treat Trail - Mischief_Managed
Halloween Dance Parties - NemoMom07

A2 – MNSSHP - Make 5
General Party - sanapp
HalloWishes - rlovew
Mickey’s Boo to You Parade - 123SA
Trick or Treat Stations - hopemax
Characters in Costume - TPCShauna

B1 – MVMCP - FULL
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade - hopemax
Holiday Wishes - Mawnna
Mickey’s “Twas the Night Before Christmas” Show - Mischief_Managed
“Celebrate the Season” Show - Tigger1221
Belle’s Enchanted Christmas - missesdisney
Meet Santa - 123SA

C1 - WDW Holiday Misc. - FULL
Epcot Christmas Tree Lighting - hopemax
Candlelight Processional - rlovew
Holiday Décor at the Resorts - Tigger1221
Osborne Family Festival of Lights - BAMB
Epcot Holiday Story Tellers - missesdisney
Christmas Trees at AK – Mischief_Managed

D1 - WDW Holiday Parades - FULL
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade – Mischief_Managed
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas Time Parade – missesdisney
Jingle Jungle Parade – hopemax
Jolly Holly-Day Parade - TPCShauna

D2 - WDW Holiday Parades - Make 2
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade – PixieDust32
Jingle Jungle Parade – rlovew

E1 - Holiday Décor at the Resorts - - FULL
1. TPCShauna - AKL
2. rlovew - Comtemporary
3. hopemax - Port Orleans Riverside
4. SusieStone - Saratoga Springs
5. missesdisney - Wilderness Lodge
6. Yodasmom - Grand Floridian

F1 - Pirate & Princess Party (areas) - Make 2
Jasmine's Court - mla1977
Ariel's Court - Mischief_Managed

G1 - Pirate & Princess Party (events) - Make 4
Captain Jack Sparrow (meet –n- greet) - JohnsonsLoveDisney
Sebastian's Under the Sea Dance Party - bearbear
Enchanted Adventure Parade – Mischief_Managed
X marks the Spot (treat stations) – Tigger1221

H1 - Star Wars Weekend - Make 3
Join the Alliance – Rebel Base (name of area) - Mischief_Managed
Join the Empire – Imperial Sector (name of area) - rlovew
Legends of the Force – Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade - Michellepooh

Single Element Groups - Select your element when you sign up.

1 - Boo to You Parade (MNSSHP Parade) - FULL
1. 123SA - paper piecing
2. hopemax - journal boxes
3. BAMB - matchbooks
4. Tigger1221 - tags
5. NemoMom07 - photo mats
6. Mischief_Managed - embellished shapes

11 - Boo to You Parade (MNSSHP Parade) - FULL
1. hiclarke - journal boxes
2. hopemax - paper piecing
3. nemomom07 - library pocket and tag
4. PixieDust32 - embellishment baggie
5. Mischief_Managed - matted lyric
6. sanapp - tags

2 - Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade (MVMCP Parade) - FULL
1. hopemax - journal boxes
2. Tigger1221 - tags
3. Mischief_Managed - matted lyric
4. Michellepooh - photo mats
5. missesdisney - slide mounts
6. Mawnna - paper piecing

3 - Enchanted Adventure Parade - Make 4
1. Tigger1221 - tags
2. Mischief_Managed - photo mats
3. 123SA - journal boxes
4. Michellepooh - topper

4 - FnWF - FULL
1. rlovew - journal boxes
2. TPCShauna - Altered letters?
3. Tigger1221 - tags
4. minniegarden - embellished shapes
5. mischief_managed - title
6. NEE - altered CD

41 - FnWF - Make 5
1. missesdisney - slide mounts
2. NEE - photo mats
3. hopemax - title
4. TPCShauna - journal box
5. Mischief_Managed - license plate

5 - FnGF - Make 7
1. hopemax - paper piecing
2. Tigger1221 - tags
3. minniegarden - embellished shapes
4. hiclarke - library pocket and tag
5. Mischief_Managed - title/topper
6. 123SA -
7. randon82104 - altered paper clips

Check-ins:

Have Address :flower3:
8/29
9/12
9/26
10/10
10/24
Mailed :moped:
Recieved :cheer2:

Participants:
123SA***** - A1, A2, B1, 1, 3, 5 :cheer2:
BAMB * - C1, 1 :cheer2:
bearbear** - G1 :cheer2:
hiclarke****** - 11, 5 :cheer2:
hopemax***** - A1, A2, B1, C1, D1, E1, 1, 11, 2, 41, 5 :cheer2:
JohnsonsLoveDisney**** - A1, G1 :cheer2:
Mawnna**** - B1, 2 :cheer2:
Michellepooh** - H1, 2, 3 :cheer2:
minniegarden***** - 4, 5 :cheer2:
Mischief_Managed**** - A1, B1, C1, D1, F1, G1, H1, 1, 11, 2, 3, 4, 41, 5 :flower3:
missesdisney**** - B1, C1, D1, E1, 2, 41 :banana:
mla1977* - F1
NEE**** - 4, 41 :cheer2:
NemoMom07**** - A1, 1, 11 :cheer2:
PixieDust32*** - D2, 11 :flower3:
randon82104*** - 5 :cheer2:
rlovew*** - A2, C1, D2, E1, H1, 4 :cheer2:
sanapp**** - A2, 11 - :cheer2:
Tigger1221***** - A1, B1, C1, G1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 :cheer2:
TPCShauna***** - A2, D1, E1, 4, 41 :banana:
Yodasmom**** - E1 :cheer2:

HI Shauna:

Here is Rebecca's Request:

Food and Wine - elements will chose later
Holidays @ a Resort - will chose one later
Special Events: 1st choice :Candlelight Processional 2nd: Osbourne Lights 3rd choice: Jingle Jungle parade if that is a group & 4th choice: Epcot Tree lighting

Susan (123SA)

MNSSHP Mini Kit: General Topic
MNSSHP element - p. piecing (this is different that what she said before)
**if there is a second group in this section, she would like photo mats.

Hope:
MNSSHP - Mini page kit
B2UP - element
MVMCP- pg, kit
Christmas parade
Holiday at a Resort- pg. kit
Special Events
Flower & Garden - p.piecing

I'm home! Thanks Nancy! It looks like just general MNSSHP is not a topic choice? I'll take the parade in the mini-kit then. THanks TPC Shauna

Nan, you are a good friend. :lmao:

rlovew - Jingle Jungle Parade is a different group. Do you think she wants in that group also?

123SA - There is no "General Topic" for MNSHHP. What should I list her in?

Hope:
MNSSHP - Mini page kit - which topic?
B2UP - element - what does this mean?
MVMCP- pg, kit - which topic?
Special Events - which topic?

Please sign me up for the following:

A1 – MNSSHP
Mickey’s Boo to You Parade -

C1 - WDW Holiday Misc.
Candlelight Processional -

E1 - Holiday Décor at the Resorts
Saratoga Springs

F1 - Pirate & Princess Party (areas)
Jasmine's Court -

G1 - Pirate & Princess Party (events)
Sebastian's Under the Sea Dance Party -

H1 - Star Wars Weekend –
Legends of the Force – Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade -

Single Element Groups

1 - MNSSHP Parade

4 - FnWF

I think that Hope wants the Boo 2 You Parade in the page kit...
She didn't say.. Let me pull what Hope posted in the other thread..

I'd put Rebecca in that group and she'll let you know for sure on Monday!

Since Rebecca wanted Candlelight Processional first....sign me up for the lights.

Nan, you are a good friend. :lmao:

rlovew - Jingle Jungle Parade is a different group. Do you think she wants in that group also?

123SA - There is no "General Topic" for MNSHHP. What should I list her in?

Hope:
MNSSHP - Mini page kit - which topic?
B2UP - element - what does this mean?
MVMCP- pg, kit - which topic?
Special Events - which topic?

We posted at the same time -- my answer is above yours -- parade please.

B2UP = boo to you parade I think.

Shauna

When I was packing for this trip, I found the maps from last trip I collected for you. Sorry. Do you still want them? I'll be glad to put them in the pet swap.

Here is what Hope posted on the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna
MNSSHP Group - mini page kits
Boo to You Parade - elements
MVMCP Group - mini page kits
Christmas Parade - elements
Holidays Around the Resorts - mini page kits
Special Events at Disney - mini page kits (includes Candlelight Processional, Epcot Tree Lighting, Osborne Lights, etc.)
Flower and Garden Fest - elements

I'm in Tahoe for a family wedding, and don't know if I will be able to post when the signups actually happens. I want to be in these groups.

In the Flower & Garden group I would like to do a paper piecing (yes, I will be making another topiary character). That's the only element I need to pick, I'll decide on other elements on Monday when I get back.

Thanks!

Here are my choices

A1-
Mickey’s Boo to You Parade -
Trick or Treat Stations –

B1
“Celebrate the Season” Show

C1
Holiday Décor at the Resorts

G1
Sebastian's Under the Sea Dance Party –
X marks the spot

Single Element Groups
Mnsshp Parade
Mvmcp Parade
Enchanted Adventure Parade
FnWF
FnGF

Thats it for now.:goodvibes

OK, this is all I know for the ones I signed up for... so I'm signing off and hope they don't beat me for signing them up for something that I shouldn't have.... :)

Good Luck ladies! Enjoy!

I'd like to do the Flower & Garden Festival and the Food & Wine Festival. Still deciding which elements though.....

Ignore me if this causes more confusion -- I already made a paper piecing for the mini kit. It is a Mickey shaped jack - o -latern. I made it thinking I could use it for either the parade or just a general topper "Mickey's Not SO Scary Halloween Party" Since there have been multiple requests for the parade (And since I had this spot last year:scared: ) could we change Halloween Dance Party to MNSSHP and put me in that spot?

If there is a 2nd group to open, maybe we could do the Dance party in that one as well as Characters in Costume?

I see there is a request for Dance beelow me -- how about 5 people pick out of the 6 topics, and then I'll take the 6th spot with MNSSHP? Or I can just stick with the parade.

I would like to sign up for library pocket for Flower and Garden Festival.

Thanks!

Hannelore

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter