WDW Express Transportation worth it in your opinion?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Have you had good or bad experiences?
Is it worth the money in your opinion?

For this trip it will just be my sister and I and she thinks we should do it.
It would be $29 each and we'd be using it for 2 days.
Going from MK to either Epcot or AK and the second day going from HS to Epcot.
Does it save A LOT of time?

FYI - According to a post earlier tonight in the main Express Transportation topic here, the last day to purchase Express service is August 16 and the service will end August 23. This is unconfirmed, but stay tuned.

FYI - According to a post earlier tonight in the main Express Transportation topic here, the last day to purchase Express service is August 16 and the service will end August 23. This is unconfirmed, but stay tuned.

The post claiming Express Transportstion would end was deleted, so I'm REALLY hoping that rumor is untrue. I LOVE Express Transportation and totally think it's worth it! It's a little harder to take that $29 price tag when it's only for two days, but it's so convenient (and so fun to see the "behind the scenes" areas, even if they are just things like parking lots) that we love using it even on short trips.

Have you had good or bad experiences?
Is it worth the money in your opinion?

For this trip it will just be my sister and I and she thinks we should do it.
It would be $29 each and we'd be using it for 2 days.
Going from MK to either Epcot or AK and the second day going from HS to Epcot.
Does it save A LOT of time?

We're going to assume the rumor about it ending is just that a rumor.

The time saved is two-fold. One is you don't have to go back through security at your second park. The bus lets you off INSIDE your second park which saves you the walk in too. Two is it's on a schedule, so you don't go out to the bus lot and wait 20 min. You know what time your bus is leaving and when you need to be there. For most routes, it's a 15-20 min hop and you're right back into the mix. With regular buses, it COULD take you 30-45 min.

I really hope it's a rumor! We leave Friday and I'm counting on that service to save me many steps in the heat!

Oh I hope that rumor is false, SO MANY of my plans for our trip 9/6-9/13 are based on using Express Transportation. Will be a MAJOR bummer if they stop it.

I did not know about this, but would definitely be needed to make the most of this trip! Thanks Disney Gang!

Seriously? Why would they stop it already? Has there been a lack of interest?

For us I doubt it would be worth it, but we don't hop between parks unless it's after nap time!

I loved it in the 95 degree Florida heat! One day I used it three times! I think it saves a lot of time with not having to go through the main gates and security again! Most times I was the only one on the bus. I felt like a VIP when they walked me to and from the bus. Hee hee!

Seriously? Why would they stop it already? Has there been a lack of interest?

Most reports have said there were only 4-6 people on most busses... it's been going on for 8 months now, so I can see why they would end it. In my opinion, Disney has done a terrible job promoting it. Without the Dis, I would have no idea what it was and how it worked (based on Disney's info alone).

We've used it twice and absolutely love it; yes we think it's totally worth the price, even for 2 days and does save time. I had heard rumblings of it being discontinued also as the buses are never full (which I also love) and it's never been advertised particularly well, but haven't heard anything definite yet so really hope they haven't made that decision yet!

Oh I hope that rumor is false, SO MANY of my plans for our trip 9/6-9/13 are based on using Express Transportation. Will be a MAJOR bummer if they stop it.

We're in the same boat...trip is 9/9-9/16 and while we don't have specific reservations relying on using Express Transportation, it would be a real shame to miss out on it. Especially since I had planned on not carrying a bag into the parks due to the new security checks, but changed my mind with the news of Express Transportation :(

The post claiming Express Transportstion would end was deleted, so I'm REALLY hoping that rumor is untrue.

I hope it's just a rumor as well. As noted in the main thread, the Express Service page on Disney's website is unchanged and no other sites are reporting this. Very unusual if this rumor is true. At the same time, however, the service is not widely, known, promoted or used - so this type of rumor is at least plausible. We will find out for sure later this week - but I'm optimistic that this is just a rumor.

We used Express Transportation extensively on our trip at the end of May beginning of June 2017. It was great. Not having to go through security again is a huge time saver. The buses were never crowded, 5-8 people in addition to our 4. The cast members working this perk were very friendly and informative. The buses were always on time as scheduled. We were sure to tell the cast members how much we liked the service. It would be a shame if the service ended, but it did seem that it was under used. I think Disney tried this to get more people to buy Park Hoppers. I don't know if it worked or not. We loved it! Cheers!!!!

We don't go from park to park - we always go back to our resort in the middle to swim for the afternoon. So it would be a waste for us. But, our good friends used Express Transportation all week long earlier this summer and really loved it. To them, it was definitely worth it.

Most reports have said there were only 4-6 people on most busses... it's been going on for 8 months now, so I can see why they would end it. In my opinion, Disney has done a terrible job promoting it. Without the Dis, I would have no idea what it was and how it worked (based on Disney's info alone).

I had no idea about it either (or the minnie vans). These forums are awesome.

We're in the same boat...trip is 9/9-9/16 and while we don't have specific reservations relying on using Express Transportation, it would be a real shame to miss out on it. Especially since I had planned on not carrying a bag into the parks due to the new security checks, but changed my mind with the news of Express Transportation :(

Right there with you guys. There's only one reservation we have (and cannot change) that relies on Express Transportation... and I would really hope that it's still available :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter