WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wrapped up our DAS call for DB. Went through the process much quicker than anticipated.

3:30-ish- Accepted T&C, requested live video chat. Within 5 min, they had automated questions (Who DAS was for, who was their guest, if the trip was within 2-30 days). Once those were answered, live chat almost began immediately. They are being a bit more scrutinizing about why DAS would apply for DB, but we did get approved relatively quickly.

Was on Advanced DAS selections by 3:55, and did have to sign back in twice but got our first 7 park days set up for our thanksgiving/holiday trip. Some of the times weren't the best, but we reminded ourselves that day-of DAS will help too. Still have 4 more days to do after that.

When can we do the last 4 days all at once? After we use up the 4 days, or starting the 5th day? Can we do them in the park at Guest Services/Relations, or do we have to do it online? Our 4th day is switching to a diff on-site hotel and grocery shopping after the day in the park, and 5th day is MVMCP, so being online is gonna be limited.
I was able to do the last 5 days of my trip the first day at one of the blue umbrellas in the parks and was able to do all of them at once

We are still 60 days out so we have about 30 days before we start our online conversation. My daughter has been approved before for DAS. My question is this time my sister's family will be with us as well during this trip. They are staying on Disney property at a different resort. Will they allow them to be apart of our DAS pass? We have 4 in our family and they have 4 in their family. Let me know if you all have any experience in adding an additional family. Were there issues? thanks

We are still 60 days out so we have about 30 days before we start our online conversation. My daughter has been approved before for DAS. My question is this time my sister's family will be with us as well during this trip. They are staying on Disney property at a different resort. Will they allow them to be apart of our DAS pass? We have 4 in our family and they have 4 in their family. Let me know if you all have any experience in adding an additional family. Were there issues? thanks
You can link everyone to the DAS, but you will only be able to take 5 people in addition to your daughter. Any five out of the seven people can be chosen. If you will all have G+ you can use that sometimes to line up with DAS return times.

I will be doing my DAS Reservation Request this Friday for our Dec 3 trip. Since I've had it many times in the past, I don't expect any problems, but you never know, especially since I've read about some folks experiences lately.

If it is again granted, I'll be setting up some of our days with Adv bookings and wondering if the list has changed of the attractions that are not allowed for advanced DAS ...

I seem to remember these as the ones we can't request in advance:

MK - Seven Dwarfs, TRON (of course),
EP - Guardians (of course)
HS - Rise
AK - Flight of Passage, Everest (is this still not allowed?)

Can someone who has booked lately please confirm and/or update?

Thanks!

I don't believe it's changed, but this is the list of attractions available for DAS Advanced Selections:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...lities/attractions-available-for-das-advance/
Thanks, I have that one, but was just wondering if they had updated it...we know that sometimes the website doesn't get every page updated quickly. It just seems weird to leave Everest out since it really doesn't have a HUGE stand by queue anymore, but I guess Space Mountain is also still not on the list either...

Not a big deal, as they are both still available as Day-Of so we'll go with that.

To my knowledge it has not changed, even when the parks dropped from 2 LL options to 1. I have not compared the original list to the current but believe it is accurate. You can always ask when making your Advanced Selections, the worst they say is "no" so have a back-up choice as well (maybe a couple back-up choices).

Thanks, I have that one, but was just wondering if they had updated it...we know that sometimes the website doesn't get every page updated quickly. It just seems weird to leave Everest out since it really doesn't have a HUGE stand by queue anymore, but I guess Space Mountain is also still not on the list either...

Not a big deal, as they are both still available as Day-Of so we'll go with that.
On that note, is anyone ever actually able to get Slinky?

I've been trying to "practice" the DAS registration process (by just bringing up the chat session, but not requesting to START), just to get familiar with it again before Friday.

The process has gone without a hitch since around Jan of 22 for me. Now, I'm getting nothing but a spinning cursor when I click the button to start the chat window session. This is bringing back memories of hours on end trying to get in the first time when they changed to this online, until I found the correct combination of setting needed... this time, nothing is working. (Camera, microphone, pop-ups, ad-blockers, clearing cache....etc).

I wonder if it's the website that is just too busy? Has anyone encountered the spinning for really long periods of time with never really connecting? I always get a little nervous before re-registering and am hoping that there are just lots of folks trying to get set up......

My family’s experience is exactly as @AprilsZoo described, but other than changing who went on rides, the process to add all 8 was easy. (which only 6 going worked for our group since we often do split off due to preferences/disabilities)
I've been trying to "practice" the DAS registration process (by just bringing up the chat session, but not requesting to START), just to get familiar with it again before Friday.

The process has gone without a hitch since around Jan of 22 for me. Now, I'm getting nothing but a spinning cursor when I click the button to start the chat window session. This is bringing back memories of hours on end trying to get in the first time when they changed to this online, until I found the correct combination of setting needed... this time, nothing is working. (Camera, microphone, pop-ups, ad-blockers, clearing cache....etc).

I wonder if it's the website that is just too busy? Has anyone encountered the spinning for really long periods of time with never really connecting? I always get a little nervous before re-registering and am hoping that there are just lots of folks trying to get set up......
Are you on a phone or laptop?

On the laptop, we had to not use chrome, Firefox worked though. I think that’s happened both times DD did the process this year. (Previously not an issue though)

Are you on a phone or laptop?

On the laptop, we had to not use chrome, Firefox worked though. I think that’s happened both times DD did the process this year. (Previously not an issue though)
I'm using a desktop, and tried a small laptop (Chrome). I tried Firefox and Edge also. I always use my desktop and Chrome, and since that first nightmare in fall of 21 when it was all new, I haven't had any issues getting in.

I think it might be on Disney's end, as a friend who also uses DAS tried it and it did the same for him. I'll try again tomorrow - maybe it's just very busy today, or they are doing some kind of maintenance on the system.

You can link everyone to the DAS, but you will only be able to take 5 people in addition to your daughter. Any five out of the seven people can be chosen. If you will all have G+ you can use that sometimes to line up with DAS return times.
Thanks...Hopefully they will make an exception for my whole extended family to be a part of the DAS. Anyone else have any luck? Via online or in the park?

I will be doing my DAS Reservation Request this Friday for our Dec 3 trip. Since I've had it many times in the past, I don't expect any problems, but you never know, especially since I've read about some folks experiences lately.

If it is again granted, I'll be setting up some of our days with Adv bookings and wondering if the list has changed of the attractions that are not allowed for advanced DAS ...

HS - Rise

Thanks!
I did my advanced bookings today. For my MK day on 11/24, the cast member said I couldn't book Jungle Cruise because of the Jingle Cruise holiday overlay. For Epcot on 11/25, she told me I wasn't able to book Remy, Frozen Ever After, and Guardians. It's possible I misunderstood, and she was saying they were full vs. not eligible for advanced booking. Hope this helps a bit.

HS - Rise

Thanks!
I could only do MMRR day of when we went in November of last year.

I'm still getting the spinning cursor when I try to launch the REGISTER. I have turned off my ad-blocker, ensured that camera, mic, and pop-ups are allowed, dumped cache, logged in to Disney, accepted terms and conditions, and the REGISTER button just spins....

I use Chrome on my docked laptop, have tried Firefox, and Edge, have tried my phone, and another laptop all with the same results.

Anyone else getting that over the last few days? Any ideas?

I have sent an email to the DAS team, and will report back if/when I hear back.

I'm still getting the spinning cursor when I try to launch the REGISTER. I have turned off my ad-blocker, ensured that camera, mic, and pop-ups are allowed, dumped cache, logged in to Disney, accepted terms and conditions, and the REGISTER button just spins....

I use Chrome on my docked laptop, have tried Firefox, and Edge, have tried my phone, and another laptop all with the same results.

Anyone else getting that over the last few days? Any ideas?

I have sent an email to the DAS team, and will report back if/when I hear back.
I had the same issue yesterday, but it ultimately worked on my phone using the Safari browser. Hope something works for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter