WDW to host LGBTQ convention

It's really not newsworthy, imo. People are acting like it's a statement, but WDW hosts all kinds of conventions, including evangelical and GOP. I keep seeing the stories, too. I think the coverage is more a reflection of how fraught things are politically.
Eta: not dismissing your post at all! I was just saying I think the news stories are a bit much.

A big convention often affects hotels. Don't know how big this one will be, but it's helpful info for those heading to The World in September. Thank you!

Yes, Disney hosts all sorts of conventions. But I think outlets are treating it as newsworthy given the disturbing climate as of late with anti-LGBTQ laws being brought to the table left and right. Florida (and the whole Reedy Creek business) is obviously at the center of that. I know its just for clicks as this is not something out of the ordinary for WDW, but given the current climate and context, its a nice story to see.

Yes, good to know!

Five of the WDW resorts are convention hotels according to their website. Coronado, Yacht & Beach, Boardwalk, Grand Floridian and the Contemporary. Plus the Dolphin/Swan which are owned by another party. And they say they have rooms at the other hotels for "smaller" events.
Expected 5000 attendees from around the world (potential to bring families) so I would expect it to absorb a large number of hotel rooms.

I am looking forward to joining OOE Summit this year, any other dis members joining? We should organize a meetup :)

It would be interesting, but I already have my DVC reservations made for June and January, and 3 trips in a year is a bit too expensive.

It would be interesting, but I already have my DVC reservations made for June and January, and 3 trips in a year is a bit too expensive.
Chuck, I have some AUL points you could rent, you know all about those :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter