WDW vs. DL rides

Wackiemommy

Earning My Ears
Are Peter Pan, BTMRR, Star Tours, Jungle Cruise, and Small World just like
the ones at WDW? If needed could I just skip these since I've been on them at WDW? Thanks to everyone who has helped so far!!!

I don't know about the other rides, but IASW at DL is apparently quite different from IASW at WDW, and I won't be skipping this one. The one at DL has a largely outdoor queue with a lot of topiaries, etc., and is considered to be more of an experience than the queue at WDW, which is under roof (for good reason in a wetter climate) and much less of an experience. I don't know about the ride itself.

PotC at DL is supposed to be better than its WDW counterpart as well. But, of course, it's closed right now for the rehab until late June.

Of the rides listed, I would definitely ride BTMRR. It is a must do every trip. The DL version is not as large as the WDW version. However, I think it has a little more zip to it. It is really tight on the curves, which makes for an enjoyable experience. It also gives you some good views of DL.

Star Tours is the same. POTC at Disneyland is much better, with two drops and an extended cavern sequence with additional scenes. The Haunted Mansion in the Magic Kingdom is longer, but the one in Disneyland is in much better condition with updated effects.

I thought IASW at WDW was weak compared to at DL. (I've been to DL a million times but only to WDW once -- last month). At WDW, it's all indoors, including the waiting area and the outside area is not nearly as nice!!

When we went to WDW we tried to hit the rides that weren't at DL for the same reason.

Have fun!
JULIE

of all of the rides you listed I would say just Star tours is the same, and even then the queue is different.Unless time is very limited, half of the fun is trying rides and comparing the experiences!

You didn't mention Space Mountain, so I don't know if you are interested, but you should definately check out the DL version. I rode it last year, and it is (in my opinion) a much better coaster that the WDW version. And the DL RR is a very nostalgic ride that is different from the one at WDW.

Also, I'm assuming from your question that this will be your first trip to DL/CA. Don't miss the Aladdin stage show, the original Enchanted Tiki Room, the Indiana Jones ride, or Mr. Toad. You can't get those at WDW. :teeth:

I wil comment on Peter Pan since no one has mentioned it yet. I was disappointed with the WDW version of Peter Pan. Don't get me wrong. I really did like it. I just like it near as wellas the one in DL. So I would suggest definately trying the DL version. Oh, and be sure to ride it right away in the morning. The line gets very long and it has no fastpass.

Now Mom of 3 said:
I wil comment on Peter Pan since no one has mentioned it yet. I was disappointed with the WDW version of Peter Pan. Don't get me wrong. I really did like it. I just like it near as wellas the one in DL. So I would suggest definately trying the DL version. Oh, and be sure to ride it right away in the morning. The line gets very long and it has no fastpass.

How is Peter Pan different in DL? I really LOVE this ride in WDW, but you think it is even better? Cool! :woohoo:

crzy4mk said:
Space Mountain . . . it is (in my opinion) a much better coaster that the WDW version.

Also, Space Mountain at DL was updated last year for the 50th Anniversary. It is faster, longer, darker, smoother, louder, and colder than before.

I've always thought that though the show is identical to the WDW version, the special effects are in some cases barely noticeable. Any one else feel this way? I don't want to elaborate and spoil it for those who have seen neither version.

Now Mom of 3 said:

Granted, I've only ridden Peter Pan at DL a couple of times, but I thought it was pretty much identical to the one at WDW. How is it different?

In Peter Pan WDW there is a shadow effect in the first scene that is not at DL, WDW has a bigger volcano (where you can actually see the tinfoil they use!!) and at DL the scene is better, smaller volcano....no tinfoil! Also, tmost of the scenes are different, but since I have only been to WDW once, I can;t recall exactly. I know the mermaid scene is different....also this wasn't mentioned but Splash MTn is different, better at WDW than DL, but still worth riding at DL-great ride! Winnie the POoh is also different (better at WDW) and there is no Pinocchio at WDW, so it's a must ride at DL! I am not sure if anyone mentioned this but the jungle cruise is different, I think the one at WDW is slightly better-they have the whole tunnel scene that DL does not have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter