WDW with young child

kenny

DIS Veteran
Do you think a 2 year old would enjoy WDW or are they still too young. My wife and I want to plan a trip (partly to take our dd and partly because we NEED TO GO TO DISNEY). At what age did you first bring your children?

My daughter turned two on her first trip to WDW. She loved it! She could do maybe half the attractions, and had a great time looking at the sites and characters. We're taking her back in December.

My children were all at Disney before they turned 2 and everyone of them had a great time and every trip was wonderful for us as parents.

Don't hesitate to bring kids of all ages.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I think it depends on the child and what your intentions are. If you are willing to leave the parks or skip rides because DD is hungry, tired, needs to go potty, overwhelmed, etc., you'll be fine. My DS turned 3 right before we went in April. He had a blast and still asks when we're going back. We gave them the choice throughout the day to ride or leave. Luckily he never wanted to leave, but if he had we would have been out of there.
We did lots of planning. In MK we did the Dumbo or Die touring plan from the Unofficial Guide. We rode everything we wanted to and were never stressed. Also, DS didn't like the fireworks, so we took off for Fantasyland and walked on all of the rides. Just be in tune with DD and have fun!

We took my son when he was 17 mos, and again at 23 mos. On the second trip he became scared of the loud noises that hadn't bothered him 6 months earlier, like the fireworks and fantasmic. Other than that, nothing else was a problem. When he was 3, he again liked the fireworks and fantasmic. Even at 17 months, he really lit up when met the characters. Those are some of my fondest memories and I was very glad he was there and I could capture them on video and pics, even if he won't remember them.

Yes, I think 2 is a perfect age! We've been twice in my dd's second year...at 27months and again at 33 months. She had a blast both times. Family and friends questioned why we would bring her so young saying, "she won't remember it". Well, I don't believe that because she talks about it all the time. BUT and for me this is a big BUT--even if she doesn't remember it...I will remember it! That's good enough for me.

Two is also a great age because they never, ever get bored. DD was happy when we just sat on a park bench. She just ran around in little circles! She never asked for this or that, didn't care what we did next and was able to take a nap in the stroller. I would recommend at this age to bring your own stroller rather than renting. Lots of walking outside the parks. Plan your trip and have fun!

I think I was in kindergarten when I first went to Disney so I was about four or five. I think that is a great age to go because there are more rides to go on and meeting the characters is a BIG thing. I think my family and I stayed there all day and I would just take naps waiting for parades and things like that,

My DS first trip was for his 1st birthday. He had a wonderful time. We returned for his 2nd birthday and again just a perfect vacation. We are heading back again this year just before his 3rd birthday (gotta take advantage of him being free ;) )

I second everything roserae said. She is much better with words than I ever would have been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter