We’ll Use Any Excuse To Go During the Holiday Season. Another food-focused trip report. 11/28-12/6 (Complete)

12/1 - Resorts/Disney Springs Day Part 1

We woke up this day with only one thing on our mind - beignets! Usually we get them on our arrival day but arrived way too late and the next two days were park days. We were excited to see that the new hot cocoa beignets were making their debut on December 1st and made our way to POFQ to be some of the first to try them.

Our plan was to get one order of the Hot Cocoa Beignets and one order of the regular beignets.

Here is what the poster of the Hot Cocoa Beignets looked like (Photo Courtesy of Disney Food Blog)

arDGy9FUuLSr_NXDHZMiPip3jYEoQHFKzmNyjHiWhl5ea97YBZ1bzpBBETieJBrc17kcoEVjHgLb7AeByOGwh8nFCHlww8Pt0YnkGkJnd7caspXaQxFhwXQjBywA0oVS8EY7FgMDTRTeUljsYUDHEAI

Here is what we received:
5UvHB420UoLbcNycJOOU0shp_Pq_5OETmNbigAJaRuxAJ5hVLliiI_HsevdZ3YNKEIDCaDI0hbzhI6n6gx9wi-G_3qxVnspZCbcW63ahIPEIpy4SQXgliAbbihV9U5trO0lzUb7UoDNMxb9qRZGdFn8

Not really the same thing. These were disappointing, not just in appearance but also in taste. There wasn’t enough hot cocoa powder to taste it, the amount of fudge drizzle was way too little, and the pipette of chocolate milk just made the insides really soggy. You really couldn’t taste chocolate milk. They even skimped on the little sprinkles. Definitely wasn’t executed well.

Luckily we had also ordered the regular beignets with chocolate sauce.

-w98muhH_C9m_ZgBRKedQZrc2kDujm1mKfmdKJX-wvcRcp6p6UoCj2foNzyQt_7_h1_YtCxHiHfVG8IRGZBVdCM-Sz3Ud22JhmA_tjJybXTTB7C3wRxGQk47L7GxGF0Hz5BlktqxqfBXVHPfjLeWCQo

These were warm and delicious as always! So far we’ve tried two different specialty beignets, last year’s peppermint beignet and this year’s hot cocoa, both disappointing. From now on, we’ll stick to the OG beignets.

After our beignet breakfast, I took a picture of one of the French Quarter’s Christmas trees:
fiHSNwmjRXUrgbOlEoBx8oHZl5IajL5-Oi-F73h302jQ4u_G4TwAnsU5Q5GtMchz8Xwe5C9tz_Pj-Rk2NHuS-qntR4xQLMzVGUjnvApBPXU9xS7agev1pft5EfZwhD4-9vlhNAFAKTmDTwt0bSuUQ8E

We then walked down to Port Orleans Riverside to see their tree as well:

cvWYjkkFgqeVg2qdzoqctaY9UmIJhjByfzgoWp3cE0rJ1EMipzfU8e7WUqhdWSZ00GE7DLYtAnuYEdKE5UG9BsRANYORMaJtIFZ02hUksghIkLp9aeMCcq_2b7HrDBSfjsmP_0AmHDdBoYMoSaQk-OQ

We just love the POFQ/POR resorts. We walked off breakfast by walking along the Sassagoula and then drove to Disney Springs to begin the Christmas Tree Stroll and, of course, visit Gideon’s. We stopped by Gideon’s to see if there was a virtual queue and found a very long line. The CM said there was no VQ and that she estimated it to be a 1.5 hour wait. We decided to start the Christmas Tree Stroll and hope for a shorter line or VQ later.

We did the Stroll last year and I wasn’t sure if the trees would be the same this year. I was surprised that even though the trees had similar themes to last year, their decorations were a little different.

Annual Passholder Tree:

zoNuG6ee-wNFYdwBtMwbjDS_MoK45HRNljgquQx5cqUnxFSPj6HG8ZZ1_qK3Pr6qCwZxKo5LvN3YQGGKlJF7eI3Qd5FFGYvSEl_AVL7HFPffbszccr_eeQqdM9CNXTaEutRPBRioubY6O6WCeLNFK8U

Haunted Mansion Tree:

uFE73YXe6KpO7bO6S8l1gZ-f84Dn5WpaHQn9a_4Dbuo-B9dcgZe_JtUs0ZJO4Sj1CFmwrHmKG5uqjUg0G3q-rstxznYOpJkf5uoAJUIsUXVs4mpdRQ0iV0d2zT9VxYlzPiLDmwE04WpGQ8p6pX147m4

Disney Vacation Club Tree (We really liked this one):

hBhfvs4lGhWQuOLFyjbpUScfKgyLpvW4Sfd7-8w4F4HFQOPCTP7T31nS9NcaKP-7AAhXhAIfaT_oqeMKjf90t0P0GMWvas1J-xUBduFY7cBB1AyiQSxr0xRale3OsB0vOXhqjBFg-phvTJC4Hv1n0cQ

It looks like the newly resigned DVC Fort Wilderness Cabins are on there as an “ornament”.

The Encanto Tree:

qVyus9ilzgTcdfhgvj8aHMqG1A0mGYKUDj-6jb4zK8zP-_uDWqFREgiIoX7pxW6E5brrDfeTwUPbd8vspx8heRKDRT7aHXrAvPaYhIE3HQ75JgnjG3-RgIewb_93z0qGmY6qoN31HFaY29RUyrJp0Dc

Lion King Tree. We love the Simba topper to this tree.

NIasOqvPT5RQChsl0Fwo7TBngNtd7vKzrgNC4M4eee3sV3IF3CiAJs3glkazeypJyLmnUmQkT2LlgYO_pv2eaPcC-5C0AmrqWcVfthjbZv0uYgd3Kvt0W25LNVAqzcKy9S4s45blIXcFkaW-ZO4Ln2c

Up next...we continue the Christmas Tree Stroll.

These were disappointing, not just in appearance but also in taste.
Not the same thing in picture at all! I wonder if they were running low on ingredients? Seems odd they wouldn’t come even close.
The CM said there was no VQ and that she estimated it to be a 1.5 hour wait.
I’m hoping you say the VQ was there later! I didn’t realize they would have it off when the line is that long. It was turned off when the wait was 25-30 min on our last trip but that wasn’t a bad wait.

Not the same thing in picture at all! I wonder if they were running low on ingredients? Seems odd they wouldn’t come even close.

I’m hoping you say the VQ was there later! I didn’t realize they would have it off when the line is that long. It was turned off when the wait was 25-30 min on our last trip but that wasn’t a bad wait.
I saw many vloggers get the beignets later and they always looked like mine. Not sure why they didn't at least attempt to look like the photo.

Gideon's for some reason was hesitant to have the VQ. There were several times during the week that the line was at 1.5 hours and they were not having a VQ...I don't get it. We walked away a few times. I'm not waiting 1.5 hours for a cookie or even for a slice of cake, especially when they have the ability to have a VQ. You would think the other vendors at Disney Springs would be annoyed that Gideon's is monopolizing potential customers by keeping them in line for over an hour when they could be shopping at their stores and still buying Gideon's cookies with a VQ....I have more to come on our Gideon's experiences...

I saw many vloggers get the beignets later and they always looked like mine.
That’s so strange! It looks like they’re skimping on toppings and you don’t see that much of a difference too often with Disney food.
You would think the other vendors at Disney Springs would be annoyed that Gideon's is monopolizing potential customers by keeping them in line for over an hour when they could be shopping at their stores and still buying Gideon's cookies with a VQ....I have more to come on our Gideon's experiences...
I agree! I’m surprised to hear that. The VQ seemed to work pretty well, you still wait 20+ minutes but they have a constant line with that so not sure why they wouldn’t use it. We won’t be waiting 1.5 hours in line either.

12/1 Resorts/Disney Springs Part 2

We continued walking around Disney Springs, taking in the decorations and Christmas Trees. For some reason, I love this wreath at Splitsville.

jVfi69Y09TWhP9r3S-gEwpcyPBT6BP2x1ferV9ddFBt_6RVIJ3tQiNV1bOrPgnXH5nxYtiyRkHrShv9Ksa_ZGJJ9uXKcIhwIniBdcE1d8xLjJRQTi9xrVSa4qWQsSOpgkDJvNnIaDgS1drGPSeykypU

Here’s more of the trees:

Guardians of the Galaxy:

66l1Wdi0qasTgdNKfoQol7KK_iOtNUT6v5yUSFo0p-utcS2_xJ6Yy10TYEiq5u1WfsxrK2cpDZXvx2LrNwmAN7iJxtzG_6yEN8cEzwrHtItc410jDwWGzqe1oahpC3pay3-bp4e5r4kzjDtlQ9VxAb4

Disney+:

9axqRdbVZOqgxzwpXuzrLxZ65FonGw9Z6FPRE9rirwvT5I1ocT7-pn9wX6BTGIp_Cw9xZ9Off3NbD70tRuv06nLP_2sBI8HnRZ4uaBH98NSWTxdSJb2UCs_VjV8UXTsCqMDr-nN2UZ_ujtiAWczzpPc

Star Wars:

Q9BDawpEeWRu25frxtR6MzWZLq62eevKjN8P_pDKZskC6iMFsRET6O4E7B2oOQEtn0SUrqz22D99DmBjJdOp8L6WaX2u1t4plO5f9hEQvNn01dSODAZKt2DM5SLcJxy8NtqDL-PEyfV4Y3lEbCHDwZs

Coco:

9gvxlzPDHhqXgfI5iCndt8ppA1fRQsMYAzYx7OxIYBStjs3Nb4FHwHA8qdoPHmCjrvEZoefxOEH5cVCHH9ayTWmV-CXiWZESQJ6IaG69yiEHAR3kDPxZOBHCKEcFpOVKNJwW22xhGfwzZFukdzCFBKc

Minnie Mouse (this was another of our favorites):

91I8tMB-YTQdDlbN_DaQczNYEmAJ3haHxL6mplhGiLj0cybFUi1tD1IBfFFnD4aH-Xfi22nUeP0rVVaeB2flNZAgciKo5498nohu5jEB7TOOxis8cWxwK7QpffABMl8FTVpsUClCLBoIYNpR6nAg4-g

We caught the last two songs of a high school band performing Christmas songs. They were quite good.

xmSobb3q8Mmsnukae6uxYgaWOLaAE2vkzl_LwFVNzWl_2bsZN_9U5mR2vysKLHCTkOTnozRCb_AkMqKxhBr67xPsK7Z2H6X_aoZmEz13rzN0wy4WWMnnb7FC1XLqIFm5_bQbIPEC75BHq5rEu8CeyrU

Once Upon a Toy Tree:

7hRHOGtruISFi6UURnsSIaUsb6_DYtOz9PwdLRLt-v95QihxQGnBgA2gL_Ph2Xsn009jGaBZ9DOPG15c9AMrm1lQNDFF9VjODwKr3R7SRXawwiaLia8JqJTiVhBOY4OV4l1PIzDqs-8Zq7IYU1XCn58

Frozen Tree: (this picture is actually from a later day, since the one from 12/1 had a lot of people sitting around the tree):

yqgUSmoLVPakIkZ2iNXSDPluvY4XmZEcLpllUWzNyuNFG1rn37REn_s651dcHMqCSnU4srR6SkOoK3AYtp8zkF_8UskxKMQ_l4OB0OYtKUOlnLUksHrHnm1za0YKQNJLTnHK1ob2xRG-EA18qXS7IMY

As we strolled around, every time we passed Gideon’s we checked the line…still at 1.5 hours with no Virtual Queue.

Up next…finishing up the Tree Stroll and a delicious lunch and snack.

12/1 Resorts/Disney Springs Day Part 3

Princess and the Frog Tree:

0KpB_YV-SP63z1fszcGclm6piRbyvtE6XNfJkESriZWG3HD5-0mLgdMm-y-__VGQQ9NZxGWf78MgzwO4m0m-EBjL97VvcdLiPnpG8_3jQ2RMdK09r51I-qCkBetxR6UGSg1vIuh8JfTLb2r3wFHtoZQ

Toy Story Tree (another of our favorites):

KzPRG0wr2UJVNlYadjjyuYY1xN_ef8wIys8MNGVB8v6rLQecLepbXn2tDtTYKlRCl-AcMdNatoKK-4rPC2-ulltG10Jv0RNcQ4Pgy1iE07jJLrbZdb3hD4cOe_pPwfA7ITgStI7AYGUNvLhbCoCnmJ4

Disney Treasure Tree (that’s not really a tree):

rGSgD5ui9jc2XzpUwTbXmfUaAUWQYGVRfhbXWctb-1aGz9LCii3s8b9pgCK5r8_H-uwZvAhQkQ-pXYl7JYVMURPCkZs_JJUUV15EFW-Dl8N_DRVaOUgI-ZsOyU-okwY8gT1YW_bpLxJcsj5t5BlyDos

Wish Tree:​

uDTALjGvXoRtPGX93U0udiNiTwAOOSpbCiU6MQgKg1nu66koQPjGUrmFbl_k5UPiEUAujLJfoPiHUQPAC-6VPSc4NaN_YHFhbUTltBm5xHlqYNW3qPOWPNySbDiQ2Tzg-RZYnoiuiwVJx5fVXV_iYGs

Town Center Tree:

baR2pAKe3ouvAS1yAfMKSmR5FdKKyNcS27bnjbibstm43hjPCPZJZcviL4NcOMECkbMricjx41Dsw9timkkKCU0Zcp77YSnjrrUkaXHb9npXP86X2AufyV-721ASSp_5PgokD8Lw99ER15IfIjOUJNs

Moana Tree:

Vb6VxBPsiXxM6qQ7eHQTb8U9red1EKJywMHZKoS9xyK2Vxf7MXAGYfIXNoJ-nsNQq9EMfP7rRR0KaLq_5Cqon35MpWGgk643OLBPrl73dvtFMcdzkyOtXuZMaDNP4qBFt5L7S6ho1OXU3RLKeABgmi4

Nightmare Before Christmas Tree:
xwYkuSrO8HLbnm0-nuXE5C6NFoM8jbFMmMGzsC3xQwaPar4QXw9Cbiu4mlm_xim2e_4K0teeG3zgmtDGAB2rW15LRVNuqSotIcCSyKkHYfzVi3DmDztsENLT05ctX7TojNWTyIl_2s9jXd1V5EcyHgU

After completing our Christmas Tree Stroll, it was time for lunch. We placed a mobile order at D-Luxe Burger for the Bacon & Blue Cheese burger and large fries to share.​

TzL7ZbxMQ2ch-O5gEkCpGLXEctYx3cgdCSk1JwHzpvkmH4spYeQVACJn2d1lfozDk6ptD9QjOJCwZP-qMRF3q5q1amu62hyvZjJQbG7C_o6Sys9SoP0GRBYWerOKCXF19XQiXrsG_icnTBRE1W8-wzg
gSXMd3TA5FhJBkQ4s-S2v9a6xJ5ihcQapiyVL4Wsxf5C2QkbBU_F84wi_HtLSQqgNhBoEAPIPS-VAGb2m2dzM9nod_224fVMqk82P_BnnAEcgcMQkH52Y3SPc-NEe-lkOxA39HlhZDqHJWmDGN7mwS4

This is our first time trying the Bacon & Blue Cheese burger. It was so delicious! The fries were also really good! This is our second time at D-Luxe burger and both times we really enjoyed our meal! It is already on the list for our next trip.

After lunch, we decided to swing by Gideon’s again to check the line. It was still at 1.5 hours. We saw a manager and asked her when they were going to switch to a Virtual Queue. She said she had no plans to open it up at any time that day. It was about 1:30 at that point (which is significant later).

So, since we still had no interest in standing in a line that long, it was time for our plan B…dessert at the Ganachery.

12/1 Resorts/Disney Springs Part 4

Since we couldn’t get dessert at Gideon’s we decided to try the smore at the Ganachery, another first for us. However we discovered that as of Dec. 1st they were only offering the Peppermint Smore. As I mentioned before, DH isn’t a huge fan of peppermint. So, instead, we purchased the gingerbread pecan toffee.

It came in this cute little bag.

lP_dzXiYf4WRWWieAvwAeSFDjhlj5MZjBsTMK0DUKkw9iH4RA9sM9par7G8muL-sIWoSS1Jy_KbdEp2bN-Oy9ADANIgvoHbobeA_8CbriMK0FH4UMdSB3fEsMeQwzqQ5gNPEfcJtP3vJf5mMr2WoWLc

Here’s what it looked like:

qAQyyK-PJCsRxio5yN5lFiCueAAygx9Odhs-Oe6z8DQ1a4xqhMvgREPJDYerAVhUMsEuFYqbFklMloZM_rdzFXm1NUAgybuJ9ueQUjSWTYMSYMciS34g2l2C5cWfgOCw4TMmT9MxBL0M6SIBOOlktjo
yohfrj6kTTmEaIO7CQrfbztJJVbRcP5SF8lSxrTvUzKR10tVPJubrw8n8vAGptrleyxajQup-GhZPBF5-Hf5bhktU3ltVTMGCDfMCpQES4l_IQpSYBjTD-19T1wkSeQPy8Hu5KVx_9s-JN42QDB9Bps

We sat along the water behind Starbucks and ate the whole bag! It was delicious. It had a light gingerbread flavor. The toffee wasn’t too sticky and the pecan added an additional crunch.

It was now 2:00 and we continued our walk around Disney Springs. As we passed Gideon’s, we saw they were taking a Virtual Queue! Not a half hour earlier the manager said “We are not going to open it up today” and now it’s open. We started to wonder if we were just talking to some random guest in a Gideon’s tee shirt…lol. So, we put our name in and were told it would be a 45 minute wait.

We were called within 40 minutes to join the line and by 3:00 had our treats. We are not huge cookie fans but absolutely love their cake. It was our intention to just get the Peanut Butter Cup Cake and the two seasonal cookies. Unfortunately the Carrot Cake looked too good to pass up. So here’s what we ended up getting and eating throughout the week.

Peanut Butter Cold Brew:
A2ON1HV8P-dIBnrW57sxxfRqSm82pPoP0wL2YkuRHUOMGMM936aYIHHgzeXJTj821VuWB0kfiSxx689SxPx3kPxDPDel9HKYf23VCEtzuXC8ln4u4uYHRc_JwXZMVn18yKV6xM42vf6aPA7JoOdCZF0

I heard such great things about this and last time I got it I thought it was just okay. I tried it again this time “for science” and still think it’s just okay. I don’t get a lot of peanut butter flavor. I think I need to try Everglazed’s version for a comparison.

Kris Kringle’s Cookie: flavored White Chocolate Coffee Bean Cookie with Coconut, Caramel, and Vanilla Bean notes
8JgTqBGkQZfabk8m32TTBKHhXcQVytXRe0zsL5CwjL9dcCNb862YhdKnt8dX-hdeeOBeq5hqlKW7Ss8Dz9q3bpN8wqDd_UHAfOuxOOgmKaxTZAp0GHRLSj-QNPoDd7OZTs3swAvM9g8keUE0IcW-uKs

I am not a big fan of white chocolate but I enjoyed this cookie more than I expected. I probably wouldn’t get it again but thought it tasted pretty good. My DH didn’t care for it at all so I got most of this one.

Cookie Vom Krampus: Triple Chocolate Cookie (which is really five kinds of chocolate) with the added bonus of cool and refreshing chopped Andes Mint
YYALwLenAPSddUkiG56m7XV23p1JfcBHwOvqU-AVlogf7WewKqiOp3372XUZqM0eUJrOGhpe8ORAwmR0u7P5g-wHkBqNkiP-3eu5LOELcp8ozTyumIRb8Q2w9AYUWL-h0NGZsf_bRQjygwWqxDqTXVI

My DH preferred this one but, like me, probably wouldn’t get it again. I thought it was good but extremely rich. I could only eat a very small bite of it. DH got most of this one.

Peanut Butter Cup cake:

JJlC-HcZafEDEOw0lIaBclwcpbhupcQeOIVDR1Z0fJf891tx5ZWXkXR-ceWtU-ZAbTx47RYSS_a90kKEBIUsYxz271tKyYNxSkc7ylN9-8c2oxozu-WU0RCzGT1Vjfv07nBcZNcEPZdt7ucac82UY1M

This never disappoints! The chocolate cake is moist and the peanut butter cup frosting is absolute perfection. We can’t come to Orlando without getting a slice of this deliciousness! The cakes are far superior to the cookies in our opinion.

Carrot Cake:
uT3B_VtwU8i_HWWvj7rgDENvrcpHnx3VdiSeMt22JF4Xpm6e6nW72OWrWKQmsiDfVIdsQaor4x17xaMjz8_MqNoVxnhQk0oiwO1nE64zvU-C03Hhzwiy-ihVfY_hxtTfpsWoXLLFWVp0RtRfoknQbWQ

There was much discussion as we waited in line regarding getting two slices of cake, but just look at this beauty! We just had to give it a try. This too was phenomenal! The cream cheese icing was soooo good and the carrot cake was nicely spiced. These two cakes lasted us almost the whole week.

While we love Gideon’s and will always go there for the cake, I have to say it is a bit annoying that they let the line get so long before opening up the virtual queue. Having people stand in line for over an hour for cookies and cake is kinda ridiculous when they can just take your name on a virtual queue and you can shop and come back later. I really don’t get it. I am surprised that other stores aren’t complaining about it as it definitely cuts into their potential revenue to have people standing in line for that long when they could be shopping. There must be some rationale that I’m missing here.

Up next…dinner at another “first” for us…

The cake looks delicious! I really like the peanut butter cold brew, I’m not sure why, the peanut butter is very slight in the coffee. I love all the Christmas trees 🌲
Enjoying your report and all the food pictures, yum!

The cake looks delicious! I really like the peanut butter cold brew, I’m not sure why, the peanut butter is very slight in the coffee. I love all the Christmas trees 🌲
Enjoying your report and all the food pictures, yum!
The cake is always delicious! Thank you!

As we passed Gideon’s, we saw they were taking a Virtual Queue!
WHATTT?? I was so invested in what was going to happen haha. I’m glad they opened it up!
Peanut Butter Cold Brew:
I really liked this but we didn’t taste much peanut butter until it was almost gone.
This never disappoints! The chocolate cake is moist and the peanut butter cup frosting is absolute perfection.
We will have to try cake next time - probably the peanut butter cup!

WHATTT?? I was so invested in what was going to happen haha. I’m glad they opened it up!
Glad to see I'm keeping you in suspense! I'm glad they did too since if the line stayed that long, we wouldn't have gotten the cake.
I really liked this but we didn’t taste much peanut butter until it was almost gone.
I liked it but I too didn't get much peanut butter taste.
We will have to try cake next time - probably the peanut butter cup!
Definitely try the cake! They do a daily rotation that changes each month. If you follow Gideon's on instagram or sign up for emails they send out their cake schedule on the first of each month. We always plan which day we go to Disney Springs based on the cake offerings, lol!

12/1 Resorts/Disney Springs Part 5

After spending the day at Disney Springs, we returned to the hotel for a bit and then started to make dinner plans. I had originally booked the Boathouse but DH isn’t a seafood fan. The only thing that appealed to him on the menu was the burger and we knew we would be dining at D-Luxe burger for lunch so I canceled our ADR a few days in advance. Maybe someday we’ll finally dine at the Boathouse.

We planned to go back to Disney Springs for a quick service dinner and discussed our options. Nothing was appealing to us. Then, I had a brainstorm…why not try Capt. Cooks? We have never eaten there.

So we parked at the TTC and walked over to the Polynesian.

I just love the Christmas lights on the monorail.

X_NUpoyJBxonPOu7WvtTs474P_JsCkbS8InwwlMV59Kl_4p5uKrhMHwFjavwLaIZfDLDAjD3kvcn1igr-HJq6XkhCt_IAp5ZAq2hL65pwdBYBtX41IGWzLfpIFjeMfyCc5Q7dBfupg2OnF3q0EhYEKk
_MoiohR9V6Xc18-e0SQvqkGa0kSxB8x_er_WrfO9JEqpin-Zq4of95DD6NEFAOc-NuoNHfvWqdPx_k2UB30i7-BmH4Q7-6aNyb4RB3vv73OKx-nWUcILa-9IH8FE-Cman9oH2Fi809jY_iXHS-30X00

Here is the Christmas tree at the Poly. It’s very pretty but kinda understated compared to the other Deluxe hotels. Also, there’s no gingerbread display at the Poly. I think that’s odd when most of the other deluxe hotels have some sort of display.

BYqIoKthSp340SiVFal-DKDKqzLpAuFWOkpq5kMpONcUHjVXzwW0W_tDGwSnJIK97CHLdWU5S6HZFPbTSaH7QXXFb6pTA0uBw2FX2xFmUQfdEXIjwGZoI76K5xtbmWe7x0qssfyvCIZPFK5DrQR9OvQ

At Capt. Cook’s, we ordered the Pulled Pork Nachos to share.

TcQ6zawrRQtMBZyKgg7QDLl4BT3lJxjPcZpRZEll7B5v6856SmKbNlebDLxai0rrwhJN1cJ3O6P9-keyEVuf4blU7hsHmqWqclePQmjws7yVRtNCDoa2SR62JhLqQl2M_p9wY_rTdnNAf1oZEzJ-KfA

These were very good. There was a variety of chips it seemed. It was very dark as we were seated outside so it was hard to see but we think there were wonton chips and kettle style chips. Either way, it was extremely good.

We also shared the Thai Coconut Meatballs. We have seen many vloggers rave about this dish so we figured it was worth a try.

t5N4ObRHH1XxYx1nPnOkOuWOBzqqPkwcREWmoPLJ69y7MWhCnj69L1JpKP3Cb7X_2BD3dgC8uhdy_avZHrEAcXwvA1PV3NJpKsezZVl78JdTZRrvcUgdu2yz2n8AxbUZa8AgW2yxrGFPGYoMkO5zAmw

These were absolutely scrumptious! I don’t really know how meatballs and rice can taste so good but we very much enjoyed this. It was one of the favorite things we ate the whole week! So much flavor! My DH wants me to try to make them at home.

Captain Cooks gets two very big thumbs up from us. It will be on our must-do list from now on.

After dinner we decided to sit on the beach for a bit and enjoy the view. After a while, we started to feel some sort of gnat biting us so we headed back to the hotel.

TekBXOleXNd7BD1otZcAKr4HhJ8kcpjGSZEuJU9SlwTIB7gKJBDcylyuOUXrytw3jJoC5yJEvJ2_bbZT6IMXeO_vtsoAZaRXs_Tbz_obdukooGqWrsCucvVZdfKOSme85Zw-wB3BaqeMJA-69tZ9nLo

Day 3 Complete:

25,014 steps
$126.34 food cost

12/2 Animal Kingdom Part 1

We chose to only visit three parks during our stay as this trip was more about holiday decor (and food) so this was our last park day. We purchased Genie+ for the day but again it was probably unnecessary. For our first LL I booked the Safari since we like to ride it first thing in the morning.

We arrived at the park just as it opened for regular admission and headed to Pandora. I had purchased an ILL for Flight of Passage for myself so we skipped the mad rush to that line and headed for the Navi River Journey instead. There was no wait.

After riding it was time for our LL for the Safari. However as we approached the ride the sign said it was only a 10 minute wait. I modified my LL for Festival of the Lion King and we hopped in the standby line. It ended up being about a 20 minute wait.

We saw a fair amount of animals on the safari.

QR3c67Y4BNgBQubvaJpM6-M8pY46y-qPFa6TjCi8mQHVSEBgDvf0Y3aQlLCU1WIej2k_zNRBrVl2TMmBsPStejLkGib_8Ag5HtYbUjhC5MTTX-dOy6cs_fHT7Z6_lbWqsD41WExIIxW0d_XpRO9U50o
dnJ5Jrgzq40ueZm4jmhl7elnTSUJvybPlTNZmKkQ6IQpoUyUy5c67D62zJEJ9nsfPnjXE6-COYjOz7jXlXhRgNyCqueOv383IbFQcVWyGMR-IMMUSdbg5SuK7hXVva3zCdOdy6BzKsDsxvytlpsSktU
uCBFKe_puQOBN-YJJXYthc6kFrrl3_x1rJBtRlLAQSugfxfn6DYXSqrFgfzivtobQWBYfwr84wKjo5rZDq3P1S4akFvIskyFoQSPIZCFV1A5BBvycaGtaE7pDrP_y4C2xpizcWkyNQQSU3HOaX7k_uA

Our tour guide wasn’t the best we’ve had…very robotic. But, to her defense, there must have been people behind us that were standing up a lot because she kept having to pause her narration and say “just a reminder folks please stay seated at all times.” I had the sense she couldn’t wait to get us off her vehicle. Can't say as I blame her.

After the Safari, we needed some sustenance and headed over to Kusafiri. We ordered the new breakfast totchos.

9o2hNIV_vBSPnPL-hhM0UEX442SlTTDkEv-HXnNvo0oxY5Cj1XaJE0YBB2buhkdhUzBuy24rvkbIGsydxwqchZ1WEiBQwihoXT8NMWKMxX0uk3qtGnEa4Fya_6MVtgj3NOCJhTD9WHbjNUdrl9dAK_U

These were just okay. The whole thing needed to be a bit warmer. Also the cheese curds weren’t at all melty. They were very rubbery. Not bad but not amazing either.

We also wanted a sweet component so we ordered the guava and cheese danish.

U77IodWI-j75E_fimkIaEiM3vY8h6RPtfjIxtgfYwx6TPPWv1H-QIkWLZ7udCCtdRY0muTNV0olIWYJltqOX7QJN7LL8CY3kTFvHc4USNC706WRdmz5iAWIbR0JAA_wGKi07ocL8yYwMpCsWDP5tWgg

This too was fine but nothing we’d get again. It was basically a cheese danish with a smidge of guava.

To drink I ordered the new Coconut Cold Brew.

Ity1-mYO98CecaMDrvKwTkY7CSgl4zVc_4KJwW7sRu_BXr-AEEM7jv4B500fAE4ljSjdG860GMnlOXNowhFm0sSmXQ04Xrs34kAMJFTpKjYaZxQEvzRLc2guawXRwRMXSe1UgKeulqyXO6bnvgGuJ0g

Now this was delicious and something I would definitely get again!

After our breakfast it was time for our LL for the Festival of the Lion King.

We haven’t seen this show since 2010 but we enjoyed it very much. Not really sure it needed a LL or even what that gained us but we used it anyhow.

The tumble monkeys and the bird dancers were our favorite parts.
8B4K4ZwuYdv0AQjCKrTRfOWzKBQa3uN-OaTBTIXU9W_62bYOniHmbGkW5sTf00d9m0ZCZ-lTEi9V1Z5I1m0VEIfXa98esdtGmP2k-u_b1RPEfKmOeZPAcOmnMphsAoz4SinGoxmkUysctD8Koc4ohjY
oR4cOfRvPlgjdCVR2qnsmeOEmlvij7b0ppwDYYAnbMGfbfO5IUwz-q1dF4vZ5JEjD1XQIpXWjw_NbCyraZ3susWtzCeRImR3SSdrJJ_4-wQJS1BOeXAM2Ga9cXarXaheSCK6goC-nKRpuWt37UAppMQ

After the Lion King, we walked around Gorilla Falls for a while and then it was time for lunch. We decided to pick up something quick at the Eight Spoon Cafe. We shared the pulled pork jelly donut.
zRfE2BJ8-zvMTz40F6xyYG7Akq_7ULH4_l0W8nUoxpXhT7JTjV7erhb1Wic3jFRTlsZ_g4J3bDYBPws2w7yr5Nyoua9NysTcJAPmTc044aJRa79y0Ha9_0VFlWhCLGURTcUxy7eYwVE94-o3-kUoB80

This was surprisingly delicious! The donut bun was soft and sweet. The jelly gave a nice touch of sweetness to the pulled pork and the slaw added a much needed crunch. We would definitely get this again.

We also shared an order of mac n cheese.

pnGB-q9_ATL9M9pJ3-GhF_ZdswktnT-prLh8SqE7VyW-WOoNnbWdWc71TstnENqhK2oLb68P5JHYnvNmgEvMsfgkdpuExzkgTzRUAOUVNDsu-HCkP4X2TYmeW6BXqa9HPg81tHz0f2gR0J5WqQdC8sc

We opted not to get the pulled pork mac n cheese because we felt we already had pulled pork in our sandwich. That was probably a mistake. This mac n cheese was just okay. It was a bit dried out and only lukewarm. It was just before noon so it’s hard to imagine it had been sitting out a while but it certainly tasted that way. It was fine. Next time we’ll try it with pulled pork.

After lunch we walked around the Tree of Life as we waited for our check in time for the Caring for Giants tour.

Up next…a sweet treat before our elephant tour.

12/2 Animal Kingdom Part 2

Since we still had time before our tour check-in, we decided to share a sweet treat from Tamu Tamu Refreshments, the Pineapple Crisp Sundae: Pineapple Crisp Cake, Vanilla Ice Cream, Pineapple Caramel, Crispy Streusel Topping.

MRXapExcnOaSsJs_HYHf08QIqtIofoox6CFMBY8aLr-nTuEMsZq6VJ84A1EmGb8qI2fG3WsqkkymTmWV7IFAxmn0FTJzQija-A1Y4Rb2mbH42ohRZbVjgiU4E74nYI-fuMafALL78xJsjSdySCLRXfg

This was a very tasty treat! The cake was moist and delicious with nice pineapple flavor. We both felt this treat could rival the ‘Ohana bread pudding. So good!

Finally we checked in for our Caring for Giants tour. We were greeted by our tour guide and then headed backstage to board a bus to the elephant viewing area for us to take pictures and ask questions.

Unfortunately for us the tour was a little disappointing. We have previously taken the Up Close with Rhinos tour and that one was much better. The keepers on that tour seemed more knowledgeable and we even got to touch a rhino. We were so far away from the elephants and I didn’t have the sense that the tour guide was truly that knowledgeable. It really felt like we were just seeing elephants in the distance at a zoo. In fact, we had gone to the Roger Williams Zoo in Rhode Island last February on an usually warm day and gotten much closer to the elephants and far more information from the elephant’s caregiver at that zoo (and that wasn’t a special tour, just us walking by).

This is a picture I took with my iPhone camera zoomed in as far as possible. We were over 100 feet away. I wish I had a picture that showed how far away they really were.

bIfuFpVc4_K8bSYSFICtCXmbotHrjeQ_0aaU-PadKw7Sw4JviWf20vsSKkrcDDkvU3A_hcQusopO88NLI6Pkl5xHIO6MbXtCb-ZqWQhw59K_pXdNxNEC-URwt-Bv0wg9WDohtyHet7MUp_M2McBMjx8

This isn’t an overly expensive tour but I do think it could have been better for the money.

After our tour we used a LL for Expedition Everest and the Finding Nemo show. My DH really enjoyed the updated version of the show. We also made it just in time to catch a performance of the Feathered Friends in Flight. How is this for an action photo?

0hAeXix0jqbfzffSB9YW9nuz6MXG3afCYLhTYniPaCXagKNSP2Pks5sHOiFDdto2Psg2I1XKB3QxcRlm-keamqZ4jhQ7Tm8yaBtdZHAWAIg7FmOVD0jOfAftmjlzka46QDSmKmGFBBrogAFMt_hbuPY

We always enjoy this show. We also toured the Maharaja Jungle Trek. Unfortunately there were no tigers to be seen. I used my ILL for Flight of Passage and then we grabbed a LL for the Safari. This time we saw a lot less animals but we did get to see the hippos out and about.

VAF_O3vNmEsR5A55JKp1N2SHAaytPZ1JEhwbnsdwy1rasjgezImARm_Iylu1kAtUmpDCHgOm_78_qL_JMe3KXKM4a12mm5Eqmhhfzx4Y9AQYqj-hK4tWh-V6AWI3RY1GdZyGZiV3wvoLhbfjAZQ4AAQ

I have to say though that this was a really fun ride. The CM was great and interacted so well with the group. There were some really funny people joking around with her and it was a blast. She even said it was the most fun she had had with a group on the Safari. Big difference from our morning safari.

We then caught a showing of It’s Tough to Be a Bug. I remembered to sit forward this time, as I hate being “zapped”.

The sun had finally set and we got some beautiful photos of the lighted Christmas decor and got to watch the holiday projections on the Tree of Life.
sRv08HA9pwa-8W1LuER98tvaR0X0Rzt43JV6Q4S2L0Lk2FBnniKWBxufOgS5KW1kMvYtsa0PByz8v-XlgTbU98wXl6l5Ax767kxiDTgNqwe1J223eHCW6IYWrTAVfscyAvLs2IbsO5F30v5j3GdUiyw
KkcEvtFi0QoK53CrfZSGnAcMeRYoFj8Rw-88qqrEZEN_416sjFKz9uRg-TeY1D9f2y_a1tl1spvu-V7njNs-WxdgHbkM6rUZ5t6MxGkRKu1kA5bwsSPkeAx8wRuVMDqwOB9fjTNj3rpVR7ERFeXZ5qE

For dinner I had booked a 6:15 ADR at Yak n Yeti. We decided to share the Ahi Tuna Nachos with chicken instead of tuna, since my DH doesn’t eat Ahi tuna.

mEdnuc-NfTZXDnNT2QHI65BEB5NqeRTfiP6up_OV77zHmmJb1l0pX4J1ziHlny4sFOjLi0na2HchxXTuZIo0zmSw-pBEs4D46J0gRGk4HVRf2zxNZeBfiGY3Kil79bms-PhGsyHnJvkC6-TNPCDbrHY

This was absolutely delicious! I now get the hype and I’m so glad someone mentioned on Facebook that you can sub in chicken. So very good!

We also shared the honey chicken. This was very fresh and tasty.

yGiIBxvs5DTeE0GhxUtdt6bpsV59wS5jChXaSpjE8qHosL5oa7Zxtq0ikXgFg7sZDWFwQvZ8_4HbYYimq6nwtceLLFXeme6Mf8NvSOlMs9NETfy7VKqvsx3eKNohkL67b7nQRzMZ-b1YWSAiyS6f0uc

This was our second time eating at Yak n Yeti and it was excellent again. The service was great and the food was top notch. After our meal, the park was closed so we started to make our way out. I stopped to take this cool picture at Dinoland on the way.

LKrA4F4-9B8Y3Zu-JleE5GX8G_5ZDv39EmtF6BawrIzFfz6CLGwAkqFGdwYRdFIw7BOJo-4iNjZ-kwRZel7Nefs8Ng4I7zwMX651Cnls5En4MXkBC-YQTtRC1NgKLTpKRIYTGZMzOsMdENeUdJm22LI

As we were stopped to take the picture, a CM yelled “excuse me” over to us. I thought for sure we were going to be in trouble for not heading right out of the park. But, no, when we responded, “Yes?”, she said, “would you guys like some free popcorn?” and handed us a box! It’s funny, we’ve NEVER bought Disney popcorn and were just saying earlier in the day that we should try it sometime.

mZCYpq8TeBJwIWactS3gpYYrNC92qmi4bpnvoe_FJ40k1_TKskgOSzaYmba3TXy8eRjVRgvW4N_QudDh2i5wC4HcF69gbMkd12eCI31vLm7ry5Wd112YDN5vdqaY_taXNqKpj4FntZPnvc8wjCDXVYg

Free Disney popcorn has got to be the best popcorn of all! A great way to end our Animal Kingdom day.

Day 4 complete
25,380 steps
$117.62 food cost

Great AK day! Thanks for the tip about the Yak and Yeti nachos! My daughter won’t eat the tuna ones but would definitely try the chicken as a substitute!
I love the pork nachos at Captain Cooks so delicious
I will have to try the meatballs one of these trips!

12/2 Animal Kingdom Part 2

For dinner I had booked a 6:15 ADR at Yak n Yeti. We decided to share the Ahi Tuna Nachos with chicken instead of tuna, since my DH doesn’t eat Ahi tuna.

mEdnuc-NfTZXDnNT2QHI65BEB5NqeRTfiP6up_OV77zHmmJb1l0pX4J1ziHlny4sFOjLi0na2HchxXTuZIo0zmSw-pBEs4D46J0gRGk4HVRf2zxNZeBfiGY3Kil79bms-PhGsyHnJvkC6-TNPCDbrHY

This was absolutely delicious! I now get the hype and I’m so glad someone mentioned on Facebook that you can sub in chicken. So very good!

We also shared the honey chicken. This was very fresh and tasty.

yGiIBxvs5DTeE0GhxUtdt6bpsV59wS5jChXaSpjE8qHosL5oa7Zxtq0ikXgFg7sZDWFwQvZ8_4HbYYimq6nwtceLLFXeme6Mf8NvSOlMs9NETfy7VKqvsx3eKNohkL67b7nQRzMZ-b1YWSAiyS6f0uc

This was our second time eating at Yak n Yeti and it was excellent again. The service was great and the food was top notch.
Ah! Now you have me second guessing cancelling our Y&Y reservation in favor of Jiko! We have Tiffins though the day before. Guess we will figure out if it was worth it! 😆

Great AK day! Thanks for the tip about the Yak and Yeti nachos! My daughter won’t eat the tuna ones but would definitely try the chicken as a substitute!
I love the pork nachos at Captain Cooks so delicious
I will have to try the meatballs one of these trips!
Definitely order the chicken "ahi tuna" nachos..really delicious and the meatballs are a must try too! I was thinking you'd be disappointed though that we didn't ride Dinosaur! It just makes my DH way too motion sick and I was already riding Everest (actually twice) and Flight of Passage without him.

12/3 Resort Hopping Part 1

Our quest today was to see as many resorts as we could to check out holiday decor.

We made our way to the TTC to park and took the ferry over to the MK. From there we took the boat to the Wilderness Lodge.

We started with breakfast at the Roaring Fork and bought this huge Grizzly Bear Claw.

YxbCW3OxAAP9L6p44uL4XocaQRPF0kyWN-Y4686xF_PHLZg3rtoQoWdP1KSKvs84nIbEC6VZ06hCMbqXuHw_Y9FZrzxZwUN0bq_2qjO2W8OC4t2KWUyzmE6Q4ASFvsAA0vLgZHuhozIc_f6h7aLtZ4o

This plate was one of those oval platters and we included the fork to give some sense of the massiveness of this treat. We found it in a warming cabinet and it was nicely heated. This was very tasty but also really heavy. We finished it but decided next time we need at least one or two more people to share it with. It weighed heavily in our bellies for many hours.

After our big treat, we headed to the lobby for pictures. I just love the Wilderness Lodge. It is so beautiful!

Ajjiv5mD7tO9KdY5UTXv57Yus5Ddy77M990YAcZg5q8ADHj4MbmoqJN7Jg2m_c09_XqWRx9WcTGZDxljD21TX6ePoyy2O8p78t5f5XQZ21buyTgHK_79tzQAR1vRaAkdGSPg3rHz_T6l4pK7xFYot6U

L1A8CtPXQSxvIeV25ZeC5YET6yanT9CDwWHMDuDQtm1i37lwCi4U5tQQIa8RLDWKImscbCQRWlYQF1_-z1NqiN5ZrZPLxKtpHxjIm6ZdzyVxXrae9HjJY107tqiFQI6Pees-AOVrUUwAZUOm7K4oPkg

We happened to catch the geyser which is now going off about 10 minutes prior to the hour.

pnuqcOkmJFYIjM7prAITY6jRSG-HIt_ox5YmbeyzQ2znYL2IFKK-dpqyhHq3ASr_rjHuJa8l5LJLdu9TqEN8fKqdX2W1V3srk1ZG-_a_ihHvBlvL-D1PCgYRm39pWrq2OfHY9t9eXryKvdifqr2Z3nY

We then took the boat back to the Magic Kingdom.

oui9kv9uAp1lER4LHNIsRxmAE8R_NHfSfgrdkR6Iq7QGFse87kfEP_vy0NHG5jzmfRq8IVBaLPzYtzMOhB7tMeJVo4LcA8_cc5uOzW6O1NdKMSHJmuOcUlxw8FE6TyKcIHHN_ZxP8Wf6YqGr1W0ohiI

We walked over to the Contemporary to take pictures of their Gingerbread display.

iWJiDTZeXaTaanG3eIEMSH-IiqUqszEKr5aGjTCzem-6xmqFk2TCw3WB4jS53W2YkkfMeCKJE1sYkh02syzmv6CRRciQ2Y2BfJddXgUkoxwutT1OTf0imQ6fMGkwpydzhVRakPXh2Y6WQB2MfoIlsaA

This one is actually our least favorite of all the gingerbread displays. Just not our style I guess.

I took a picture of one of the inside trees.

xZWWK8WuOEe-shbjsVEOF8kdX-ovOyH3K5yTxU5LIZKSV1RMTicyhp8lV8tPGQiXCWvXRE4jKEBPCq4pKsPKW-iMidaYcPUzFsYdflC26YHpmV0VdcDuYO28Ja6s_nBZqVFnHrqPx5DiJYHZtVfKsN8

But the real beauty at the Contemporary is their outdoor tree.

Nya7jQbcoPG8AXCpYWsyhlXDQv2NP0qdEZyAD_9bn-77gzxZcRSOf74sxuY4qyplKP6FuFR4HCjWr2tvNoMD84KXGZTBfrDFWBUYziN_qdwo4krxGc904q8RnvRVUsP-8-RhlTIE0wi3kK9eQRWpicU

We walked back to the Magic Kingdom and then took the walking path over to the Grand Floridian. The lobby was very busy!

I1PNJLFZNSkJsnEcC5q0FqPdUTSvTVRob_Ox39b1I_vijfZ95GGz9sR2R1qhbZNEBX0nf37pTOsbwLjBErrGV9LBcbUDCzBGF0CjRKQdGiTIeymV7tuK3b7Y8EAoPiUtPwRqg7fh2nvSPiRw-Whbk-8

I like the red decor on this year’s gingerbread house over the 50th one last year. So pretty!

The tree is also very impressive with its birdcages and 12 days of Christmas theme.

F3Ga9EkBk057Hzv6Pq5GWRgY44rDdR69KcfRdWNmOYFa-_KaD-TFE2qgplrsLT9JkAr8qr8LAdQxjL6vlihfEi8FJ47ge_k03vzRk7srGKkgVlXCh8go5Ty_unMpeZQJi49mAqOMoILmzCXvxRmXgSY

Another gorgeous resort!

Up next…move over Grizzly Bear Claw, we need a snack.

12/3 Resort Hopping Part 2

We still weren’t very hungry but I’ve been dying to try the macaroni & cheese at Gasparilla Island Grill. I’ve seen so many vloggers rave about it. It was so busy that there were no mobile order slots for over an hour out so we had to get it the old-fashioned way. It was very busy and very confusing. It looked like your typical food court type area where you would get your food and then pay for it at the register but there was a sign saying to go to the register first. So, we did. We placed our order for just a side of mac n cheese and two drinks. We were given a sign with a number on it and then told to take a seat. A server brought our mac n cheese to the table after a little wait.

ZfAnxZFgvG4nuTly-ju1kCUForXW7mpH-OBAMLQNIMNKg3KqEY7xc9CFFr4hmVzfRB1Mj_uHUII8cID22z7ZV6JFvcaJyfS846WJNjluLGQmvDdnIjwZ--HGuN44rOIZ8vs3rQgSbTNwSU-0nU3PF9I

My goodness this was sooooo good! It was creamy and cheesy and delightful. I figured it was probably over-hyped, but it wasn’t! I think my number one is still the loaded mac n cheese at Steakhouse 71 Lounge but this one is very good! I wish we had room in our bellies for a full order.
After our snack, we walked back to the Magic Kingdom. We love the walkway from Grand Flo to MK. We took the ferry back to the TTC and decided to hit the All Star Resorts to look at their decor.

All Star Sports:

G921wiRo-5YJAsBbVoicsvRWQq0YMlBLVeQjLdyHtTVUD4gq6Ye6WnqgyUbQTYeFGS-eJm2lLTQvAIYy-qLFK4P-Z7hi1zNw-6sqNSDQh4DZsidBxPCuOSGzNQ3bLfikRtGEJ6g-vEo-kGGXGrupB6s

xniuRovFyFlrCw9r-hPpnl8BU_Hq1br7H1e6SaRb0KhOmmTiLjrbCU22-qboK2B8UbzBZKoEgEaeZW6LafSx018TcLRdTx4aIwKAZ0CI6IdeeE64NV9cMOmQMT6HtuZbVGeEiesSVl9GofFiiZ6gICg
LwfMLQ6IunzoTEhDFzO4BvAHl1Q6BQYTQI7VMmOrP1v92D4EiRHHJko4uM6K5_8alfjYibB4aACanEyVMulgNR93oLlbKjeiQ1oc5bZF6FpDr1eeyFmvdpMcNDJ5tfEcDDukW60HnupkkV0TlpMzb_k

All Star Music:

asjZ_OMd_Dl2NqZqy2ATliChq-9Yh6QKUEQOth0iFnzXwY3ROzg37Ws5RH7pNd8-PL_j2Y6bXp_TOfYAkdN5Z11sJj2ynJss2Fqn9xwam-R3Q6kYWgrgMIDcwv0z28o8yTerYssa9_UnCM0lkefX_yQ
RdQCfSs-lFxWt6X7u29qH_B1yERWAUpnUrN0BrdBh0JncBP8VBFJwaHer9kcmtmSJfwdN6GLbuEyvkmiePN25hPbycVSAkdRRICu83CraDfXuPfMu-zhQCWldQjvZzw0QTQ_s_kK5uNVjDUbtHKAMEo
x36Lb9HJJsIRBA9R908ftLv6HbCWkKifRnQCnU0_83txUCK8IwmeDiLGbYaOZbHovxJQiAiNDiNMm3MUFrGHF1sd5AsHXfJ4pI8rTLWdfYsfxD3TFWRJQ8KnJJWnzwg2nUOEyBF4FEuXLSbC0uCQCu8

All Star Movies:

NfWQy1xgUTjQyRYgTD6R7AD8nshMFnjjh0lVUuTeazyXbpREG0LVSivuZM4Xz3eiDM-doLCCJx0VlM9yT_cpXzAcMuBi6pODiiX0IEoDlVa8aHrFPElP8-0gTwSADHghkYN0zRshbCBdwl2kClgrN6A
fae2d90gQABsKcrzSM_mkw9AgSp_-bP-NYtTYspwmEv0QfvkmHRNM3DDtBRuV0JrnRFXKkOamXFewEuYP5B06RpvX6DUzs5ZwODtdSLATlQ_f4RbMOeFE_znM1jDz-f-D9hw1i7PVuMamHKcMDxh2gY
hZArsObvMVh8RMouRC7Y-svmOnqQ9j0e_qN5bRK-BQzWih0R2PSv1yXwnnEkPBIutfEMT8832JaWB_1nUUY7O7JZKxBBHmdFnqrqblSnYl6Od98d4PiUj4DSYB0Pr1hYJRmUqebwRENJXfpW-6Vcd0A

We wanted to try a snack at the All Stars but needed to save room for dinner.

Up next…dinner at ‘Ohana.

12/3 Resort Hopping Part 3

As anyone who has read my previous reports can attest, we simply can’t come to Disney and not eat at ‘Ohana. It is our absolute favorite.

We drove to the Poly, checked in and were seated at the same table as our trip in December of 2022. It is a perfect table overlooking the pool with Cinderella Castle in the distance. It was an MVMCP night so we were way too early to see any fireworks but it’s still a great view.

KF8gV1Xpmaff2-H0ztQx3mMqDW3txXKqy_lzhDwQd9lLi7B9pt_2iv-gaWurDZMG-IFdo8HokLwylCL35eOMWDGevszJAu_uBQmwG3a1KPYVCyira0CRbn2DAT7dHNMfTpvI3zAOmF9Akz7cZDBzTbc

Our server brought over the delicious pineapple coconut bread with honey butter and salad.

p0OPYR4JV7TpiH8cT_b-QH_jyPlHotGmy0xbxsH1WNBhIZRwdH84tlfIxSFMkBWX8dcVhdiAvFVaJfNytCQhbwMCcrUtOwzJjE-IctJME3CpL0hw1IG5-ghVfK2wcT9FQESBSfoflIhgpbeXaDYy5N8
QCLd2yVyDuPB2BXHSKyU7H6pzh3qA_vAvvt7GGEAe5HMQRmTvl0a9wvgN0DRLOFM97aax9eGjhQtCqpUPlyFyGp8pDQZ8qBzourC-iUXWPGrVuM6hx6WMpVFB-bLl-HOSq0l8IyaGQXS4jjPekdug0k

We love both of these but always try to pace ourselves not to fill up too much on salad and bread.

Very quickly our server brought out our platter of sides: potstickers, seasonal veggie (broccoli), noodles, and wings.

c88AtBKHCfbeAo69BUVBYXs2Te6HqZnSXaodEP4W2yzmCCVxUMCHWw2FaRq6mNk7b0g2Sh2U7fNnLmU3FCaH3gCWaftl0HNHEsjAfApI2v8ySO4NS8w2ZZEQI_h-EfSR5DUllBTDacgLqFKT-0Q7y14

This is the reason we come here so much. DH’s favorites are the potstickers and noodles. Mine are the wings and noodles. I don’t know why the noodles are so good but every time I eat them I fall in love all over again.

Our server brought over the steak and shrimp.

WZIjcxeJ84w50yw1fRtoaqAVlN066WpATkMhlmZhCvJrzSoANl4ZONeWR2opTgweiPxYo3swiwwsFHgILdpka2zHDRsFHbg_o-h7Tu0kBlEcFfDcbe_RHNEJENZ_2m7LLheri_J_fFtwiicq33Bb1io

We find the quality of the steak to be hit or miss. Sometimes it melts in your mouth, other times it is chewy and tough. This time it was all chewy. We could’ve asked for more to try to get a better batch but we were fine without it. We each only had a few bites of the steak.

My shrimp photo came out super blurry, so here’s my shrimp photo from this past May.

ssdZ6cP_AJ8q63dzucxIrgo6ynsMQNIfw2LElOH6M1N-TSb9vWe4B7kwtQjvqPLVa7Sw0HS8LuOpnn3UTVBbfXzQ0P26ElTjxPRBytMnGNrQ97Hsm0poYfGvodxYbNFjyBUcIt7hyAccVErCFIa-ocY

While this picture is definitely clearer, I got way more shrimp this year and they were all mine since DH doesn’t really eat shrimp. They are always very tasty!

Our server also brought us grilled chicken thighs with chimichurri sauce.

4eU1aerbXPnhIFlnnI2bO01x4fxwVGCfgiRwTKuuDxtL05mju6EB-iUPul179Zj_GKzNlp78HktURisOkQVQlWYj-ABj1fzM2oMVU3Gq5mrj0bhuWDcewkgbeoE-I0vwyNNi8b9dWUyiHxZUzmQ0WNo

I really enjoy the chicken thighs. They are perfectly cooked and the chimichurri sauce adds a nice garlicky flavor. My DH isn’t a big “on the bone” fan so he likes them but he prefers the steak (when it’s good).

Our server asked if we wanted refills and we asked for another platter of sides but told him he could leave off the broccoli. The broccoli tasted fine but it’s broccoli…so here’s our refill:

htYjHRxajW0zQN4uKLIZi_EY0oDRm0JSGae-B0DwHOIIJ2eFM90Tb-W6gUz3uSYFN1XfqL9Iv8gSsYf-hQet5hyYZWjS734fNqgpqxUQy5Anv5w1Nffg0nUHvEqeeY0CmoZ7Ez-OGh2jJq6dJz1duHA

We ate most but not all of this. It was a lot of food!

Lastly, our server brought us the ‘Ohana bread pudding.

c9Ve8yrVmx0UJsPNM3LuaUQHpB4-MkiL0B9JfUOwaVDtWPta4mkR_ERRBcxZOEdvmqnSvQimkPET27DmvITozWZqrZ5kzpj9i1Qx74ph08L6tOm_dGYHBimNzUfGsgtvFBZecIWxRUuhwQ47HrHE8LY

This was the smallest portion we’ve received. It’s strange how inconsistent it is. It was fine however since we were both very full. It was just enough to let us experience its deliciousness without feeling sick.

Overall, we enjoyed this meal a lot but not as much as previous times. Not sure if it was the grizzly bear claw still weighing heavily on us or the mediocre steak or perhaps the service, which was fine but not as good as previous visits. ‘Ohana still is a must do for us though and I’m already planning on booking an ADR for April (but no grizzly bear claws that morning).

Up next…visiting one more resort before calling it a night…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter