We are back!!!!!

Cdaniels1987

Mouseketeer
Me and my partner arrived back from Disneland late Monday night! we had an absolutely fantastic time, it was a complete suprise for her!

As most of you are probably aware, I took her to Disneyland for her birthday but she had no idea, she thought we were just going to London for a few nights. We arrived in London last Tuesday at about 4pm, we didn't really do much, we went to Nandos for dinner, I set the alarm to wake us up at 7am on the morning of her birthday and gave her the eurostar tickets wrapped up in some really nice red tissue paper with little mickey heads on them (which she didn't notice) when she opened the tickets she was nearly in tears! she did not expect it at all! so off we went to the Eurostar station for our direct train at 09:44.

We arrived in Disneyland at about 13:30 and went straight to the Kyriad, checked-in but our room was not ready so we left the cases in the luggage room, and headed to the park, the weather was fairly nice, sunny spells with a few clouds although it looked like it had rained earlier in the day, we got to the park and exchanged our tickets that I purchased off Ce-Multiavantage for our Annual Dream Passes which we had no problem doing and did Pirates straight away which was suprisingly just a 5 minute wait! we then did a few of the gentle rides like Small World, Snow White etc which again were all 5-10 minute waits! this really suprised me as it was July!

After a few hours in the park we headed back to the Kyriad to check-in to our room, we got into the room which was quite nice, however the walk wasn't very nice having to head out of the hotel and over to the East Wing, when we got into the room we quickly found out we were on a floor FULL and I mean full of school kids! they were being so noisy, banging on doors and sitting outside our room, after about 20 minutes of them screaming and shouting, I decided to go to the reception and ask for a quiter room which they were happy to do, so we moved to our new room which was much nicer, it looked newer and was much more quiter!

After relaxing in the room for about an hour, we got ready to go out for the night, I took her to her favourite place to eat which is Rainforest Cafe, we had a lovely meal, and also got a nice 10% discount off the bill thanks to the Dream Pass, by this time it was around 22:30, so I took her for a walk around the lake, her engagement ring was in my jacket pocket which I was carrying around, as we got around the back of the lake near the bridge, I saw the fireworks start in the background and did my speech and asked her to marry me, it went really nicely and she had tears in her eyes and said "Of course I will" :D. It was the perfect start to the holiday and it just got better and better from there.

Thursday we did the Disneyland Park again, we managed to do Space Mountain, Pirates again (twice), Big Thunder Mountain, Star Tours and Phantom Manor, once again queues were not too bad at all, Space Mountain and Big Thunder were the worse, the latter being constantly 45 minutes, but we just fast passed both. On the night we went to Planet Hollywood, unfortunately the meals here were both horrible especially my pizza which looked like a toy plastic pizza.

On Friday we did the Studios and did a lot of the shows, it was nice to see Lightning Mqueen taking part in the Motor Stunt Show, we did Animaquie as well which was really good, we also did Rock 'n' Rollercoaster which again was only a 10 minute queue, Crush's Coaster was the worse queue, however it was not as bad as I thought, it averaged 45-60 minutes which was shorter than when we went in early October last year. We then had food at Annetes Diner on the night and I had the Maxi Incredible Burger which I managed to finish and get the free Milkshake :rotfl2: although I couldn't finish the Milkshake. We then went to the Park to watch the night parade and fireworks which were absolutely fantastic and made my Fiancee cry because of the proposal on the first night.

Saturday was by far the worst day for queues, everything was at least 30 minutes, however we did expect this on Saturday, although we still managed to do Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Pirates, Captain EO, Buzz Lightyear and Small World.

Sunday had calmed down for queue times and was the least busiest the only queue was for Buzz and Big Thunder which we both fast passed, in the Studios Aerosmith was only 5 minutes and Crush was 45 (however it ended up being about 65 minutes due to a breakdown) Space, Pirates, Casey Jr, Phantom Manor and Star Tours were all 5-20 minute waits which was really nice. Because this was our last night we decided to do Rainforest Cafe and a nice walk around the lake again :).

Monday was our last day there and we took our time around the park, it was a bit busier than Sunday but we only really needed to fast pass Big Thunder and Buzz so it was not too bad.

Weather was pretty decent apart from Saturday which rained very badly on the night, Friday was the best day weather wise reaching about 28 degrees.

All in all we had an amazing time, we got engaged, had decent weather, queues werent too bad and we finally got Dream Passes :goodvibes

I will post pictures soon! and I would just like to say Thank You to everyone who has given me advice over the past few months regarding the trip :goodvibes

Aw what a fabulous way to propose :love::love: - congratulations !!

So glad everything went according to plan - Congratulations :goodvibes

Congrats! Im delighted everything went to plan for you and ye had such a great time. I got a bit teary eyed reading it!
Have ye set a date yet?

im glad im not the only one getting teary eyed.. but then i am due to give birth tomorrow so thought it was the hormones lol.. what a AMAZZZING time you and your wifey to be had :)

:goodvibes Thanks everyone!! we are looking at a 2013 wedding, this gives us the time to save for our perfect wedding and also an amazing honeymoon which at the moment we are thinking will consist of 2 weeks in the caribbean followed by a week at Disney World Florida (we have never done Disney World) followed by another 5 night break later in the year back at our 2nd home Disneyland Paris!

Disneyland Paris will always be our special place now :), its the place we had our first holiday together and got engaged.

just another think i forgot to ask... what was the rainforest cafe like? did you get any pics?

and back to your engagement..maybe you should get married at wdw :)

The Rainforest Cafe was really nice, we have always liked it there to be honest but it seemed even better this time around, they have a set menu for 21.50 where you get a main and a desert but the menu for that isn't as good as last year but the rest of the menu is really good, I have never had a bad meal there.

The animals and the inside is really nice too, we do have some photos from it and I will upload them for you in the next few days.

We are thinking about WDW for our wedding however it does depend on prices for our friends and family to come out for the wedding there, either way we do want our wedding abroad even if its somewhere closer to home and then we would just fly out to Caribbean then WDW, but we shall see what happens :goodvibes

Aww How romantic are you :cutie: So glad you had a wonderful time and everything went to plan.

Congratulations :cheer2:

Pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time and it all went so well

Happy planning for your wedding :goodvibes

So lovely to hear you had a such a great time, it seems like ages ago you started planning all this so well done you for such an amazing plan!

Thank you :goodvibes, yeah the planning began in January! it has all just gone so quick so I think we will start planning the Wedding very soon!! :D

Pleased you had a fantastic trip:goodvibes Congratulations on your engagement & good luck with the planning:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter