We are here Live Report

love love love love love ST!!! but i'm a vegetarian so it's not surprising i consider it heaven!!!!!
i wish they had an ST in the detroit area so i could eat there when visiting my family, but alas, no....closest one is in chicago somewhere....even restaurants avoid detroit ;)

we were a bit dissappointed by the wizarding world....thought they could have done more....the main HP ride is good (or so i've heard - can't ride it), but the rest of it was just too small and underwhelming....olivanders was completely ridiculous....maybe with the expansion they're working on we'll like it more..

you didn't go on jurassic park??????? that's our favorite ride at IoA!!!!!!

It is the beauty of 7 days at USF we know we will do Jurassic Park later. With Robyn not being a thrill seeker this is not her favourite ride.

Monday 9 July

We are up later at 7.00am, so a long lie ;)
First stop is Despicable Me. The preshow is almost better than the ride. Both elements of the preshow in highdef are excellent.
Loews hotel guests we discovered later get access to to USF an hour before normal park opening. This is the same for the WWoHP, therefore it seems strange that it is only for the one ride but clearly Universal expect this ride to be a winner.

No surprises that we head for The Simpsons next. However we see a tour party just stacking up their backpacks. The Simpsons is not the best Express Pass ride as you join the main line way to early so the wait for Express is still a reasonable time.
Diane calls correctly that we should ride Men in Black twice. All of our scores make our car Galaxy Defenders, easily wiping out the opposition.
Then we go on The Simpsons and have nearly a walk on.

The loss of Jaws really affects how we would do USF but I am sure HP phase 2 will be worth the wait.

After The Mummy and ET we decide to have an early lunch at Louie's and share a full pepperoni pizza.
Diane is looking for some Christmas presents so we head to Hard Rock Cafe shop and then walk over to the Hard Rock hotel shop.
I used the time to pick up our BMG tickets.

We have a extended time in the pool and a bit of fun at the poolside bingo.
As our room has not been serviced we are a bit delayed getting showered before heading out for supper at 4pm.
We have the Blue Man Group booked for 6pm and Jack wants us to try NBA City for food as he is very keen on basketball.
The food is on a par with Hard Rock Cafe but we get a poor server. We had to ask for cutlery. No-one got offered a refill. The dressing I asked for on the side had to be asked for a couple of times.
I left a $2 tip so she did not think I had forgotten. Diane and co all scarpered quickly as they thought I had a brass neck.
The heavens had opened while we were eating so we went into USF to browse the shops and keep out of the rain.

We are seated by 5.40 for BMG.
There are a few new sets from the show we saw last year. The troops declare this another hit.
I will not give any spoilers in case others are planning to go. Suffice to say this is a great night for all the family.

After the show we head to IOA and Diane and Robyn ride Forbidden Journey while Morgan, Jack and I ride Dragon Challenge.
We have a problem with with the scanner on the lockers so end up only riding this once and then meeting up with the others.

The park is still busy as we are leaving WWoHP even though Olivanders is now shut.

We have bought tickets for BMG, saw it a few years back so kmow what to expect but looking forward to the new routine. Bought tickets from Florida Tix, couldn't believe how cheap they were compared to direct.

We have bought tickets for BMG, saw it a few years back so kmow what to expect but looking forward to the new routine. Bought tickets from Florida Tix, couldn't believe how cheap they were compared to direct.

Is this suitable for 10 & 9 year old girls?

higgy66 said:
Is this suitable for 10 & 9 year old girls?

Totally yes. Robyn was 8 when we first went to see it. Nothing unsavoury in the show for kids. If they enjoy audience participation shows and effects they will have a blast.

Tuesday 10 July

Up this morning at 6am though we are not as efficient as our first IOA day.
We get to the gates for 7.15 and head straight for Olivanders. There is a steady queue there which means that by the time we come out Forbidden Journey is up to 30 mins.
Jack and I then ride Dragon Challenge before we head to Hulk. Morgan decided to sit this one out two so it is just Jack and I.
With these rides out the rode I can now relax for the rest of the day :)
Next stop is all of us on Spiderman. The audio is not working and it really affects the ride. The Team member lets us re-ride the attraction as it is now working. Much better !!

Now it is time for our soaking on Bluto's. We ride this with a lovely family from Livingston. As norm we ride again as we are so wet. The family do the same so we have a double ride together :)

A first of us all apart from Diane and Robyn is the Pteranodon Flyers. This is an unusual ride that adults need a child.
There is a surprising amount of swing on the ride and Robyn strangely likes this ride.
Morgan and I stick with the water theming and go on Jurassic Park River Adventure. We are in the front row and act as a good water break for the rest of the boat.

At 11am we are finished with the park and head back to the hotel. It is decided that we will head to DTD as Diane wants to buy some last minute gifts. Since we are here it is lunch at Earl of Sandwich.
Back at the hotel we head into the pool. This is probably one of the troops favourite aspect of Royal Pacific Resort.

Supper tonight is Logan's Roadhouse. Diane thinks her meatloaf is just the best. Unfortunately the 2 for $14.99 option has been changed to a Roadhouse option with less choices.

We head into IOA when we get back. The park has a different feel in the evening and Hogwarts Castle looks extra special.
All of us head up the queue to Dragons Challenge as Robyn wants to see Ron Weasley's dads car. The girls peel off down the stairs while Jack and I take the Express Pass line and quickly board the ride.
We look around the shops in WWoHP then walk along the water back to the hotel.

Sounds great!!
Amazing how many times you went on dueling dragons
DH and DS can't ride it- they're too tall
They rode it once and when they sat down in the seats they were worried as their heads were above the headrests but they stayed on
Big mistake
They were quite ill for a while
Subsequently they learned that there's a height limit on it (as there is on the Harry potter ride)

Posted using the disboards app for iPhone

Not til 13th August here. Karen wants to see it in the US next week.

why is it opening late in the UK?
that's so weird...i understand there being a slight delay here in Israel - they needed the time to dub it (you can see it here in either the original English with subtitles, or in a dubbed version - needless to say, we go to the English version)

so they needed time to dub it here, but what's the excuse for the delay in the UK? and why an even longer delay than here?
somehow i doubt they dub it :eek:
very strange...

DD is planning on seeing Brave and Spiderman in Alaska and if not there, when they get to WDW...

No idea on the delay.

UK Premiere Date:
Saturday 14th July 2012 (Confirmed) @ BAFTA, Piccadilly, London

UK Cinema Release Date:
Monday 13th August 2012

Wednesday 11 July

It is decided that we could all do with a long lie. We are all up at 8.15am and have a leisurely breakfast.
It is down to the pool as the sun is out and will hopefully be warming the water.
Okay I am sure it will get warmer later!

We spend a very enjoyable morning. Lunch does not ring any bells and I cannot recall where we eat.
In the afternoon we decide on a break from the pool and head over to Prime Outlets and every grabs quite a few bargains.

For supper we slum it in the room with two enormous pizzas from Domino's

Then we head back to the pool as Jack and Robyn want to watch Harry Potter at the Dive-in. Once the mozzies start really biting we call it a day a 9.30.

Thursday 12 July

Up this morning at 6am as this is our last full day.
We get to the gates for 7.00 and head straight to Hogwarts. Since we invariably are split into a 3 and a 2 to ride this I think that if Diane and the troops ride this together we are more likely to buy the ride photo.
We manage to ride this twice before the wait time rises to 30 mins.
The first ride en up being the better of the photos so we take this one and ask for it to be delivered to package collection for later pickup.
Next up Jack and I ride Dragons Challenge before the troops have a last butter beer.

Robyn is in demand and rides Pteranodon Flyers first with Jack and then with Morgan.
The water rides are not yet started so we decide to leave them for today and head to Spiderman.
Then I complete my last turn on the Hulk.

Baggage pickup has not received one item so we leave IOA and will come back later.

Next stop is Hard Rock Cafe as Diane has a Christmas present to buy for our niece.
We take the side entrance to Universal which is behind Hard Rock Cafe. This lets us in the park very quickly.

Even though it is only 11am we are hungry for an early lunch to we head to the International Food place beside The Simpsons.
After lunch we ride The Simpsons ride and then head to Men in Black.
Got to love Express Pass as we would have never managed to do two parks like this by midday :)

The troops have been promised pool time so we head straight to there once back at the hotel.
We participate in a few poolside activities and then head upstairs around 4pm to finish off the packing.
Supper tonight is at Bula Bar & Grille. The Nacos to share is a great dish. Our timing is near perfect as we are just finishing when a storm closes the pool and poolside area.

The plan was to go to Universal Studios tonight but the weather has out a damper on that.

I could only get a late checkout extended from 11 to 12 noon tomorrow. So it looks like we will start the day off in the pool.
Night night.

disneyholic family said:
that's it? our trip is almost over????? it seems it started just yesterday!!!!!!

Friday 13 July

I know we can't believe that it is over .
Asked for a late checkout as our flight is 20.45, but could only get till midday as the hotel is really busy.

Spent the morning from 9 -11 in the pool.

We are currently in the lobby as Robyn has been complaining of abdominal pains and waiting for a shuttle to take us to the walk in clinic.

Just as well we did not go to a park.

Thanks folks. Don't know if it was the shock of going to the doctors or just wind ;) however after some ginger ale and crackers Robyn was feeling much better.

Went to USF and rode our usual rides as well as having dinner in the diner.
Picking the car up at RPR before heading for fuel and then airport.

Thanks for reading and posting, it makes it all worthwhile .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter