We are here Live Report

yes, i think the original offer was about $10,000...
but at the time we were already living in israel and just didn't see how we would be able to travel there every year...
and when we asked the sales person if we could push points forward or back, he said no (when in fact you can push points into your next year)...

as it turned out, we did visit WDW every year....but who knew??

i'm very sorry we didn't...at $10,000 it was a steal..

the truth is last year they were offering OKW at a very good price, but that's it for us...the kids are grown up and the likelihood of yearly trips now is very low...
and with the cost of flights now ridiculously high, it's getting even less likely...
would say now,would have to thing about it if we were buying,as we was a lot younger then and knew we were going to go every year,and had young children.Now with it already bought great value (looking forward to going just as a couple one day)
Paul

If you have cs left maybe pop in earl of snadwich and get some sandwiches for the plane on the last day.

That is a great idea though sadly ours will expire next Friday and we still have a week at Universal. Would have great to use up at DTD.

Friday 29 June

Happy anniversary Diane x
Despite the pleas from the troops our anniversary badges are resigned to staying in the room today as Diane does not do attention spotlights :)

As we have visited all the parks the troops choice is to visit Blizzard Beach.
We arrive at 8.45 and are let in slightly late at 9.10am.

Our spot ;) at Ski Patrol Training is nice and quiet and we quickly head to Team Boat Springs.
As I a not a Summit Plumit fan so the troops don't get to do.
We did the main attractions and had a selection of food from Lottawatta Lodge. I think we had pepperoni pizza, Angus 1/3lb burger and Chicken breast nuggets to share.
We lasted 5 hours and left the park with the troops enjoying 3 snack credits - hot fudge sundae, grape snowcone and lime snowcone.

The weather is a very enjoyable 90F but as we have Spirit of Aloha booked for tonight we head back to the resort for showers and chill time.
I decide to drive in case the others want to hit the shops. Diane does not plan on drinking either but is easily persuaded later ;)

Like Hoop De Do Revue this is an expensive option and uses 2 TS credits. Our check including tip for the 5 of us comes to $334.95. We enjoy the food selection and the show is a bit cheesy. However the dancers, especially the fire dancer has everyone tapping their feet and clapping. I doubt we would do this if not on the DDP.
The show started at 5.15 and food was finished by 6.30. During service there was some fun for adults and children with the entertainers. The main show started with the serving of dessert and then the main dancers for the last 45 mins.
When you arrive at your table pineapple-coconut bread, salad with mango vinaigrette fresh sliced pineapple is waiting for you. Then you receive a tray of ribs, chicken, vegetables and rice. As stated earlier the volcano chocolate mouse is served with great fanfare.

After the show we have a good look around the Polynesian and spend a bit of time in the store.
So much so that we decide to forego further shopping and head back to the resort.

From our ADR experiences we have a family conference and cancel Chef Mickey. Concierge at OKW were excellent. However more about that when we get to Monday.

thanks for the spirit of aloha review - we were thinking of doing it last year, but somehow it didn't work out....sounds like it might be fun to try once...
it would have been a good use of those TS credits we were left with at the end :)

i see you got our favorite snacks at BB - snowcone and hot fudge sundae....
especially the snowcone......that's always how we end our visit to BB...
we stay in the park just long enough for the snowcone truck to open, we each have one (lime for me) and then leave the park :)

Thanks for the spirit of aloha eview - we have it booked for October. Most of the reviews of the food are poor but it sounds like it was fine (DH is looking forward to a beer or 3 - were they generous with the drinks?)

Thanks for doing the live TR - I have just caught up and enjoyed reading all about your trip so far...really getting me in the mood for August:thumbsup2
Can't wait to hear more.

Bexx said:
We bought resale 11 years ago, so significantly cheaper (despite a rubbish exchange rate!) than it would be to do it now. Wouldn't pay the prices they are asking now, particularly with the kind of offers they do on OKW and SSR. ::yes::

We bought DVC only when the exchange rate was 2 $ to the £ , that was 1 of our conditions to buy in. Could not afford to buy any additional points at the price DVC are currently asking and with the relatively weak exchange rate. We LOVE our DVC and could never have afforded the rack rates for 1 and two bed accomadation at AKV.

Glad everyone is enjoying the updates.

Thanks for the spirit of aloha eview - we have it booked for October. Most of the reviews of the food are poor but it sounds like it was fine (DH is looking forward to a beer or 3 - were they generous with the drinks?)

Diane had 2 glasses of wine though was offered a third before the show started.
Troops had 2 Sprites too :)

I really am enjoying your live trippy and your reviews on the meals - glad the weather got better and you could enjoy Blizzard Beach. Happy Anniversary!

Great updates, hope the weather stays good for you. We have only had one holiday rained out, we learnt very quickly not to let it slow us down, although there is no doubt that it required a degree of re planning on the fly! Looking forward to more updates and food reports!

Saturday 30 June

Up nice and sharp this morning. Our usual route. Me first for shower then Diane jumps in next.
I head to Food to Go and get our morning coffees. Then Jack and I make up bed settees before he jumps in to shower. Morgan and Robyn alternate who is next dependant on who has started breakfast.
Magic Kingdom is our destination this morning and we are there by 8.30 so watch the park opening ceremony.
Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Tinkerbell & friends, Peter Pan, It's A Small World, Pooh, Goofy's Barnstormer, People Mover, Space Mountain are all accomplished.. some more than once before we leave the park at 1.15pm.
Earlier we had lunch at Village Haus which was a nice change. They have introduced a flat bread option so this gave us a few options to share. The mango gelato desserts were a popular choice :)

For the afternoon it was a trip back to Prime Outlets. Forgot it was Saturday so with the sales started the carpark was a nightmare to get a space.

We headed into Hollywood Studios at 5.30 as we had an ADR at Hollywood & Vine at 6.
The seater called us within 5 mins of checking in. There was a good range of foodstuffs including a carvery station. I had booked the Fantasmic dinner package so we received our voucher for the seating at the start of the meal.
The Parmesian chicken was the most popular choice at our table along with the garlic mash potatoes. The items were frequently replenished.

After supper we headed to the tips board to see what the wait times were like. Star Tours was showing at 10 mins so I headed quickly to see what Tower of Terror fast passes were returning at - 7.30 to 8.30. This looked a perfect time for us so I grabbed 3 FP.
The new FP enforcement has definitely made passes available later in the day.

After Star Tours Diane and Robyn perused the shops while we rode ToT. Then we headed into our seating for Fantasmic. They have introduced a couple of CMs who warm up the crowd and have the different sections singing against each other and a final competition. We suspect this is a way of minimising the effects of the chanting of the large tour groups. While this never bothered us I know some guests really did not like the feeling of the large number overpowering any group vocally. Disney have clearly listened to guest feedback as this distraction had the desired effect :)
Fantasmic appears to be on everyday just now so the crowd for the 10.30 show seemed smaller than I remember from last year.

10 mins for Star Tours...my DH is well happy as he plans on doing this ride until he has a significant number of the different rides under his belt..even got a spreadsheet to mark off which ones he's done:rotfl:

Love live TR's..its like being there, well sort off:)

:thumbsup2

Every time I come in here to check your live update I keep changing my mind about our own ADR's LOL that parmesan chicken sounds well nice

Sounds like you're having a great time.:goodvibes We have Rainforest Cafe at AKL booked, although Spirit of Aloha sounds good. Our Fantasmic package is booked with Mama Melrose. Reading your report is getting me excited for my trip.:thumbsup2

Enjoying your trip report so thanks for posting. We were there last August and my son rode Star Wars 8 times in a row. I gave up after 2 goes. I couldn't believe he managed to get on with no queue but I guess everyone was at Toy Story and it was as soon as the park opened. I think he did over 20 goes during whole holiday and still didn't see all the combinations. Back in just under 4 weeks so I guess he'll be starting again!

Just caught up on the last few days of your report. Glad the weather has improved & that you are enjoying your trip:goodvibes

Sunday 1 July

Today is another visit to our favourite parks - Animal Kingdom in the morning and EPCOT at night.
At rope drop we all head straight to Kilmanjaro Safari. We are on in 5 mins. The driver was great and made everyone pledge that no children would stand during the entire ride. A few times say "you promised". Unlike past trips we stopped a couple of times so folks could get a better photograph.
Next I picked up FP for Everest which had a return of 10.40 - 11.50 .
At Kali River Rapids I came off the worst and was really soaked.
No surprise that next was Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur.
On the way back to Everest at 10.50 we decided to go to the 11.00 Finding Nemo Show. I recalled it was 20 minutes but we nearly missed our Everest FP window.

Everyone was getting hungry so had a hearty luck in Pizzafari.
Diane and Jack shopped while I watched the girls get their portraits done.

We decided to call it a day around 1.30pm and headed to the Premium Outlets at Vineland Road.

Tonight's ADR was Teppan Edo. To be fair the girls are uncertain about tonight's choice but Jack and I have been really looking forward to this choice.
We share our table with a lovely American couple and their daughter.
Our meal selections are me- sirloin and shrimp , Jack - sirloin and chicken , Diane/Morgan/Robyn - all chicken. Once the stage fright of sharing has subsided we all have a great time. Server and Chef are excellent and the expected showmanship along with the great atmosphere makes this a hit. Robyn and Jack declare it better than Sanaa. I would not go that far but it was a great meal nevertheless.

Meant to add that regarding the weather that since TS Debby there has been no rain. Not even the usual afternoon rain shower for an hour or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter