We ate HOW much?? 10 days of total gluttony at WDW, with pics! UPDATE 9/2/12!

Subscribing! Thanks for the reviews so far! The food looks great, and I have been curious as to whether the deluxe dining plan or the TIW would be more worth it for us, so thanks for giving a breakdown of meals with TIW!

We spent hundreds less on food with the TiW card vs. the deluxe dining plan, including when we factor in the $100 cost to buy the card. And, we would have had many extra credits remaining had we done the deluxe plan. The other thing I like better about TiW is that I can order exactly what I want and I don't have to worry whether it is on the dining plan or not. And as an added bonus, 20% comes off of alcoholic drinks too! For us, it's the way to go. For others, the dining plan works.

Glad to see your Kouzzina dinner review - especially the sampler that you ordered. We've been there for breakfast but not dinner so I'm looking for some incentive to try it! :) How very convenient to simply go downstairs and out the door to be there for dinner.

Hmm, now i'm rethinking trying Kouzzina again based off of your review. The food really does look delicious!

I love the ideas of 'build your own dessert' for the kids. It gives them something to do! And that baklava looks spectacular! I hardly ever have it, since we don't have greek restaurants here, but man do I miss eating it.

And your cupcake looks amazing!!!!

Wow, your Kouzzina meal looks fab!
I really like the look of the kids desserts :)
I've seen a few good reviews of Kouzzina now
It seemed to have a shaky start when it first opened but sounds like they are doing a great job now :)

I haven't been to Kouzzina since its opening night in 2009 - I had the fisherman's stew and enjoyed it very much. I'm happy to see you had a great experience there, as I'd love to return eventually. :goodvibes

Kouzzina looks good! Have you been to Epcot during F&W and tried the lamb burger in Australia or NZ booth (Not sure which)? Was the one on your sampler anything like that?

Glad to see your Kouzzina dinner review - especially the sampler that you ordered. We've been there for breakfast but not dinner so I'm looking for some incentive to try it! :) How very convenient to simply go downstairs and out the door to be there for dinner.

How is the breakfast there? I think we are going to try it next time since it's so convenient and I discovered on this trip at Kona Cafe that I like a la carte breakfasts and find them relaxing!

Hmm, now i'm rethinking trying Kouzzina again based off of your review. The food really does look delicious!

I love the ideas of 'build your own dessert' for the kids. It gives them something to do! And that baklava looks spectacular! I hardly ever have it, since we don't have greek restaurants here, but man do I miss eating it.

And your cupcake looks amazing!!!!

I highly recommend Kouzzina! The Boardwalk area is fun in the evening too, they have magicians, jugglers, etc. and they do audience participation. When your son gets a little bigger, he will love it!

Wow, your Kouzzina meal looks fab!
I really like the look of the kids desserts :)
I've seen a few good reviews of Kouzzina now
It seemed to have a shaky start when it first opened but sounds like they are doing a great job now :)

I feel like all restaurants could be shaky when they first open. I imagine that feeding the masses of people at WDW makes it even more of a burden on the people running it. Kouzzina is definitely wonderful now in our opinion, and I recommend it to everyone! Great food and service, and one of our must-do places in the World. :thumbsup2 Even if we were not staying at BWV or in that resort area, I would make the trip to go there.

I haven't been to Kouzzina since its opening night in 2009 - I had the fisherman's stew and enjoyed it very much. I'm happy to see you had a great experience there, as I'd love to return eventually. :goodvibes

I was interested in the fisherman's stew but it has fennel in it. I can't stand fennel, don't even like the smell. So I avoid the menu items that contain it. I know they would be able to leave it out of certain dishes if I ask, but I imagine that fisherman's stew is prepared in advance and not to order, so there is automatically fennel in it. I am perfectly happy with the sampler though, enjoying a taste of a few different wonderful things! :)

Kouzzina looks good! Have you been to Epcot during F&W and tried the lamb burger in Australia or NZ booth (Not sure which)? Was the one on your sampler anything like that?

Unfortunately, I have never been to F&W because we are teachers, and we have school-aged children. It would require flying down for just a weekend and we don't have the money to do that. Although, Eric and I talk about doing that just the 2 of us when it is the Fall of our 20th anniversary (maybe Columbus Day weekend...but our anniv. is Nov. 18th) but that is still 9 years away! :rotfl:

So, I can't compare the lamb burger to anything at F&W. But, it is ground lamb that is seasoned very well and on the spicy side (tasty spice, not too spicy), with a slice of tomato, a leaf of lettuce and some yogurt sauce. Fantastic! :thumbsup2 However, they do not offer a full entree of just the lamb burger, while they do have a full entree of the pastitsio, and one of the cinnamon stewed chicken.

Your review of Kouzzina is great and it sounds like I'd really like the food! I can't fit it in during our upcoming trip but we will most likely eat there for breakfast on our final day. But I'm definitely putting this one on my list for our next visit. :thumbsup2

I swear that I can relate to everything you write about! Reisling is my absolute favorite, I highly dislike fennel, we're both lactose intolerant and I only like low to medium spicy foods. :rotfl: By the way, I just got the confirmation email that my Lactase drops have been shipped! :banana: The reviews were all so great. I'm excited!

Your review of Kouzzina is great and it sounds like I'd really like the food! I can't fit it in during our upcoming trip but we will most likely eat there for breakfast on our final day. But I'm definitely putting this one on my list for our next visit. :thumbsup2

I swear that I can relate to everything you write about! Reisling is my absolute favorite, I highly dislike fennel, we're both lactose intolerant and I only like low to medium spicy foods. :rotfl: By the way, I just got the confirmation email that my Lactase drops have been shipped! :banana: The reviews were all so great. I'm excited!

That is so funny that we have so much in common! Have you ever tried Moscato? It's another sweet white wine, similar to Riesling, and I love that too! :love:

I'm glad your Lactase Drops have shipped. You should have them in time for when you go. I hope they work as well for you as they have for me! hey're my miracle supplement! :thumbsup2

Please let me know how Kouzzina is for breakfast. We want to go there next time for breakfast since it is so convenient!

Since we were driving to Sea World the first morning we woke up at WDW, we decided to go to Boma for breakfast beforehand. Boma opens at 7:30am (like most resort TS breakfasts) and that was the perfect time to make it to Sea World for the 9am opening. We had a 7:30am ADR at Boma, and we left the room at 7am.

We got there at around 7:25, checked in, and they started seating people promptly at 7:30. We were the third family that arrived, and we were sitting down before 7:35. The server asked us if we wanted to have some coffee and for us, that’s not even a question! :rotfl2: She brought us coffee right away, and their special juice blend which she called jungle juice. The name made the kids laugh, but also made Eric and I laugh…for different reasons! :lmao: Ahh, college memories! ;)

We all went up to the buffet, and I discovered the scrambled eggs with goat cheese and spinach that I had read about on here (people have raved about this). I took some, along with some Bobotie (like a quiche with turkey in it and some veggies), breakfast potatoes, a croissant and some strawberries. You can also see the coffee and the delicious juice in the pic:

235a175f.jpg

The eggs were delicious! But, it definitely tasted like something I can easily make at home. While this was a great thing, at the same time I like eating things on vacation that I don’t make at home. I found the Bobotie to be just OK, but I am not a big fan of cooked peppers, and it had some diced into it. They weren’t hot peppers, but bell peppers. It also had raisins, which I found weird (not a fan of raisins either, except in cereal or bagels). Otherwise it was tasty. I definitely think I would have loved it if it had no bell peppers (or raisins) in it. I just prefer bell peppers raw and don’t really like them cooked. In fact, when I was pregnant I couldn’t stand the smell of them being cooked, and I couldn’t even eat them raw…they made me feel sick. :sick:

After eating this plate of food (except I didn’t finish the Bobotie), I decided it was time for something more sweet. I went up to the buffet, and went to the side where they had the fresh carved meats. At the same area, they had hot cereals (pap…which is like grits, oatmeal and quinoa porridge). I love quinoa and cook it at home a lot, so I decided to try the quinoa porridge since I can have oatmeal or grits any time. There was also some dry toasted quinoa on the side, so I put some on top, which added a little crunch. It was very good!

748a831c.jpg

They also had grilled tomato, so I took one of those, which was very good (I’m a fan of grilled veggies). And I also took some corned beef hash casserole. This was OK, nothing to write home about IMO. Then I made my way down the buffet and took some French toast bread pudding, and put banana sauce on it. This was absolutely delicious! I also took a sticky bun and a small chocolate croissant, both of which were fantastic, and then I took a slice of banana bread which was moist and delicious!

152b0749.jpg

The boys had the basics…waffles, scrambled eggs (hard boiled for Jonathan), bacon, strawberries. They enjoyed the juice. We all did. Eric thought the best thing here was the French toast bread pudding with banana sauce. I agreed, and also thought the scrambled eggs with goat cheese and spinach were great, as well as the pastries and the juice. But I wouldn’t go back to Boma for breakfast. Why, you ask? Because for the price, I feel like it just isn’t worth it when the best items (in my opinion) were bread pudding, breakfast pastries and juice. It just wasn’t for us. Eric and I liked it and all, just that we wouldn’t go back. I know that others love it and have to go on every trip, and if you like their more unique items then I totally understand that. For the items we preferred there, we could get them at a much lower price.

We paid a total of $74.27 for this breakfast, including tax, tip and after the TiW discount. $14.39 came off the bill from the TiW discount. We thought this was too expensive for what we liked best there, but we are still happy we tried it. This was a breakfast we wanted to try for a few years now and we are glad we did! I would still recommend that people try it once just to experience it, and then to decide for themselves if it is a must-do for them. Many people love going there for breakfast on every trip and if you try it, you just may find a gem for yourself! The worst that could happen is that you would end up liking the more basic things like we did, but either way you will know! :thumbsup2

It sounded like you only liked the sweet stuff compared to the savory items, sounds like me.

Wow! $75 for breakfast for four. That is pretty pricey, even with the TiW discount.

Thanks for the review of breakfast for this place. I guess I'll stick with Kona Cafe and Cape May Cafe for breakfast.

Glad that you enjoyed Kouzzina and Boma. I'd like to go back to Kouzzina, but we weren't so wild about Boma the one time we ate there. Yachtsman, now that's a place that I love!

Bangzoom - after DD and I read your continuation we got hungry, went to the frig - HUM!!!!! nothing good to eat compaired to your report. Drove to Blackeyed Pea and ordered dinner to go. Thanks Bangzoom :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: Your report cost me 45.00 at Blackeyed Pea. Love reading - please continue..:surfweb:

We'll be headed there on Oct. with ADR's in a couple of your reviewed restaurants. Looking forward to reading about them.

It sounded like you only liked the sweet stuff compared to the savory items, sounds like me.

Wow! $75 for breakfast for four. That is pretty pricey, even with the TiW discount.

Thanks for the review of breakfast for this place. I guess I'll stick with Kona Cafe and Cape May Cafe for breakfast.

Yes, I tend to go for sweets at breakfast too, but I did enjoy the eggs with goat cheese and spinach. I do plan to make a replica of this at home, probably pretty often. Easy enough!

Yes, we also felt the breakfast was pricy for what we got. I can justify spending a lot on breakfast when there are characters, because my mindset is that at a character meal I am paying for the experience, and it also prevents us from having to wait in a hot line at a park to see those characters. To us, the price is worth it to make it more relaxing and save time at the parks.

Kona is still great, as you will see later in my reviews. And we enjoyed Cape May 2 years ago...like I said, I can justify the price when there are characters.

All of your posts are making me hungry! Can't wait to hear about the rest.

Can't wait to share the rest with you! :)

Glad that you enjoyed Kouzzina and Boma. I'd like to go back to Kouzzina, but we weren't so wild about Boma the one time we ate there. Yachtsman, now that's a place that I love!

Yeah, we weren't crazy about Boma either. Good, but not worth the extra trip. We talk about going back to Sanaa for dinner on our next trip. So far that's our favorite AKL meal we have been to, but we have yet to try Jiko. Yachtsman is a place we all loved too, as you will soon see! :thumbsup2

Bangzoom - after DD and I read your continuation we got hungry, went to the frig - HUM!!!!! nothing good to eat compaired to your report. Drove to Blackeyed Pea and ordered dinner to go. Thanks Bangzoom :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: Your report cost me 45.00 at Blackeyed Pea. Love reading - please continue..:surfweb:

:rotfl: I hear ya! Eric and I were talking about our trip last night and I was saying how nice the Polynesian Resort is, and how I would stay there in a heartbeat if they ever built DVC units there. He said it is worth staying just for Kona Cafe, and I agreed...I also added that you can get Dole Whips any time you want, which I would definitely do! That made me think of tonga toast (you will see it in a review here eventually!), and I said to him..."How about I make a healthier version of tonga toast for breakfast tomorrow?" He was happy. So when we woke up this morning, I used light wheat bread, bananas, and made french toast out of it. Eric made some 100% Kona coffee in our french press and we enjoyed our breakfast. Not as thick or deep fried tasting as Kona's, but very delicious and a great healthy alternative! But of course it didn't cost me $45 to make it! :rotfl2: ;)

Great reviews!! Can't wait to read more. Thanks!!

My pleasure! :goodvibes

We're trying Boma for bfast in a few weeks! Thanks for the great pics!:cloud9:

Awesome! I think people should try it once to experience it and see if it is a must-do for them. Wishing you a magical trip! pixiedust:

We'll be headed there on Oct. with ADR's in a couple of your reviewed restaurants. Looking forward to reading about them.

Yay! Your trip will be here before you know it. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! Look at the new ticker in my signature!!! :woohoo::cheer2::dance3:

Yes, next summer's vacation is officially booked!! We had been planning to go on a cruise next year with my parents, sister and nieces, because next July my parents will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary! We priced a few cruises leaving out of NY and we all decided on the Carnival Splendor 8-night Caribbean cruise! It goes to San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands; and Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos! And we have 4 full days at sea, which we love! We leave July 20, 2013. We got 2 connecting inside cabins for me, Eric and the boys. My parents and sister will be booking shortly and looking into possibly staying in balcony cabins on the same deck as us. We are on deck 6 out of 14 decks, mid-ship, very centrally located to everything. So happy! :goodvibes

(Yes, I copied and pasted that from my trip report...so for those of you following both, you are supposed to be "seeing double"!) ;) :rotfl2:

I will probably post my next dining review by tonight! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter